Your Favorite Three '70s Albums

kidmoon

There are of course so many more...........I would have to say that the '70's rock was the era were rock artists......across the board....(doesn't matter if they were rock & roll, southern rock or conceptual......was the era that Artists mastered the deliverance of pure-magic in their music.

Something modern artists kind of lost...........(no offense to modern artists)......but I think artists today rely to much on technology. Artists from the sixties and seventies really had rely on their chemistry and inner mind, soul and heart to produce great music that touches the public.........

Mind you this is jus my observation............: )

Believe you me this approach was not unique to the 70s. Plenty of current artists take the same approach but you're not very likely to hear them via traditional commercial outlets like broadcast radio and music television but they are out there, lots of them.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I cant see any Zepp album being better than IV.

That's why opinions are like assholes, most of 'em stink. Presence is my favorite Zep album and your Queen fixation strikes me as more than a bit strange.

I always loved that Billion Dollar Babies album. But cant see it in top 3.

I was a huge Alice fan back in the day and still am to a degree but I recently bought the deluxe edition of Billion Dollar Babies found myself skipping over a great deal of it. I'd say I favor Love It To Death and Killer much better.

I was a huge Alice fan back in the day and still am to a degree but I recently bought the deluxe edition of Billion Dollar Babies found myself skipping over a great deal of it. I'd say I favor Love It To Death and Killer much better.

Oh yea, both Love It To Death and Killer are great albums, and the best albums Alice Cooper ever made IMO.

Oh yea, both Love It To Death and Killer are great albums, and the best albums Alice Cooper ever made IMO.

As I recall School's Out wasn't bad either. Then again it's been eons since I last listened to it. The only two Alice records I've purchased on CD are Killer and Billion Dollar Babies. I'm sure I'll add some of his other early albums to my collection in due time. To my ears, that era of his stuff has stood the test of time much better than a lot of the Kiss I used to listen to.

Youve got the wrong guy. Im not the Queen fan here. I dont hate them but I dont rate them in the top ten by any means.

Quite the contrary, I do have the right guy. You seem to constantly be going on about Queen. I didn't mean you liked them.

I'm going with these:

2371269.jpg2265805.jpg

Lightyears better than anything that came after, imho.

Those are great as well, but I wouldn't say lightyears better than Love It To Death and Killer.

My absolute favorite AC record is probably Love It To Death.

Those are great as well, but I wouldn't say lightyears better than Love It To Death and Killer.

Thanks. I often wondered if they were "cash-ins" by the record company after Alice enjoyed his intital success or if they were albums that actually stood on their own.

Thanks. I often wondered if they were "cash-ins" by the record company after Alice enjoyed his intital success or if they were albums that actually stood on their own.

I definitely think they're worth checking out. It's less hard rock, more psychedelia and Zappa-like, to put it short. Alice sings differently on Billion Dollar Babies, more of a clear voice, which I like. He's got a really great voice I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Talk about hard choices only 3? I see some others have sneaked some extra picks in, so here smy attempt. In no particular order.

Led Zep Physical Graffiti

Led zep IV

The Who Quadrophenia

Montrose Montrose

Black sabbath Vol 4

Black Sabbath Paranoid

Deep Purple Machine Head

Deep purple In Rock

Hendrix Band of Gypsies

Little Feat Waiting for Columbus

Here are the albums I remember playing the most during the 70s (I was in 9th grade when the 70s ended):

(Top 3)

Fleetwood Mac Rumours

Led Zeppelin IV

Steely Dan Aja

Lynyrd Skynyrd Gold & Platinum

The Who Quadrophenia

Queen Live Killers

Neil Young Live Rust (I think this was still '79; I had it on 8-track!)

I also listened to a lot of Eagles, Doors, CSN and Police, but didn't have any of their albums until '80 or later. I've listed just one LZ album because I'm pretty sure that's the only one I owned in the 70s (more came later!).

Tough, but for now:

Tonight's the Night - Neil Young...Probably not a popular choice, but Neil had real balls to record this after Harvest got popular. It's raw, and both comforting and disturbing at the same time.

Physical Graffitti - Led Zeppelin...It was a toss up between this and IV. PG has more material from a few different sessions, and it's spinning in my car, so it got the nod.

Who's Next - The Who...Pete took the band to a new level after expanding on the "maximum R&B" concept on Tommy.

This is another nearly impossible one to answer since there is so many but the following 3

were among my favorites in the 70's and I still love 'em

Black Sabbath - 1st

Uriah Heep - Very 'eavy Very 'umble

Alice Cooper - Love it to Death

• 2 years later...

Who's Next - The Who

Exile On Main Street - Stones

All The Young Dudes - Mott The Hoople

Honorable just miss mentions........

Blood On The Tracks -Dylan

Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars -Bowie

London Calling -Clash