Finger on the mend, Zeppelin's Page ready to play a new song

CBC News

Led Zeppelin plans to introduce fans to a never-before released song at its London reunion concert on Dec. 10.

Guitarist Jimmy Page says his broken finger, which delayed the much-anticipated reunion, is healing well and he is on track to play at the show in London's O2 arena.

"I'm able to do what I ought to be able to do. It's just a bit bruised and a it's bit painful still, but with this two weeks' postponement … it's going to be fine," he said.

Two and a half weeks after injuring the finger, Page says he can now move it and he will resume rehearsals next week in preparation for the concert.

The concert, a tribute to the late producer Ahmet Ertegun, is the first time the surviving members of Led Zeppelin have all played together in 20 years.

Page and Robert Plant will play alongside bassist John Paul Jones and drummer Jason Bonham, son of John Bonham, whose death in 1980 prompted Led Zeppelin to break up.

The reunion was hotly anticipated with millions of fans vying for the 20,000 tickets.

Led Zeppelin is expected to play hits like Whole Lotta Love, Communication Breakdown and Stairway to Heaven in a 90-minute set.

But one track, written when the band were together but never played in public, will be new to everyone, Page said.

"There's one number that we rehearsed — I assume that it will make it to the Dome — that we never played at any point in time," he said. "It's a really intense number."

The concert, plus the release of compilation album Mothership and a remastered version of the concert film The Song Remains the Same, has led fans to hope for a reunion tour.

Page said he doesn't know yet if that is in the cards.

"Let's just do the O2 and we'll see what happens from there," said Page. "I haven't got a crystal ball here and nor have you."

On the BBC interview, when she asked how he broke the finger,

Page's answer indicated that he could be lying . . .

Are you joking around or serious? I've watched the interview a couple of times and if anything Pagey just seemed a little sheepish/embarassed about the fall. You know, people will make remarks about his age and stuff. But he didn't seem deceptive at all to moi: in fact, he even gave additional details (he was holding something in his hand, which doubled the impact). And that was a very nasty and painful-looking bruise on his pinky at the rock awards a couple weeks back.

As I was saying earlier... :rolleyes: could be any of these little beauties

Boogie With Stu

Candy Store Rock

Custard Pie

Darlene

Down By The Seaside

D'yer Mak'er

Fool In The Rain

For Your Life

Hey Hey What Can I Do

Hots On For Nowhere

Houses Of The Holy

I'm Gonna Crawl

In The Light

Jennings Farm Blues

Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)

Night Flight (soundboard check only)

Ozone Baby

Poor Tom

Ramble On

Royal Orleans

South Bound Saurez

Tea For One

Wearing And Tearing

CBC News

But one track, written when the band were together but never played in public, will be new to everyone, Page said.

"There's one number that we rehearsed — I assume that it will make it to the Dome — that we never played at any point in time," he said. "It's a really intense number."

I read this as not ever released. This will be a brand new song, albeit ~35 years old.

As I was saying earlier... :rolleyes: could be any of these little beauties

Boogie With Stu

Candy Store Rock

Custard Pie

Darlene

Down By The Seaside

D'yer Mak'er

Fool In The Rain

For Your Life

Hey Hey What Can I Do

Hots On For Nowhere

Houses Of The Holy