Fav. 90s & 00s Albums

kidmoon

Jahfin has made it ugly by telling those with a differant opinion than his to fuck off.

Please point out the post where I said that. You can't do it because I never said it. Please quit putting words in my mouth as well as into the mouths of other posters. And once again, I am not the only that thinks you're full of shit because you totally discount an entire decade of music, many others have expressed the exact same opinion. Yes, you have a right to your own opinion and have every right to express it, I just so happen not to agree with it. Personally, I think it's a pretty fucked up and downright retarded way of looking at things.

Oh your high school was a microcosm of the rest of this country in the 70s? Is that what you are telling me?

No, it is not what I'm telling you. Again, please quit trying to speak for others by putting words in their mouths. Where in my post did I ever say my high school was a "microcosm for the rest of the country in the 70s"? I didn't. In fact, I said it was "my own personal experience", not that it was the same way in every High School in the U.S.

You did in fact call me names. Several times so I just returned the favor.

What in the hell are you talking about? Pay attention. You said, "Jahfin has made it ugly by telling those with a differant opinion than his to fuck off." I didn't say that, that's what I was addressing in my previous post.

You disagreed with the fact that there were many many girls that were into disco rather than the rock we were into. I dont know what part of the country you live in but here in NY I gaurantee you that more girls were dancing to the Bee Gees and KC and the Sunshine band and Average White Band than were listening to Zeppelin and Stones. Of course there are exceptions and alot of girls who did listen to the rock, but the bar scene and disco were the first choice for lets me say more of them. And how is that sexist? Ill say something else Ive noticed over the years that will draw the wrath of that 20 yrs old that called me a sexist: I have always noticed that of all the girls and women I have ever known, they are not into listening to pure intrumentals like lead solos like men are. Example: a song like Jessica. There is something to this. I was a psychology major and did you know that a study was done and it was proven that women are better than men at attention to detaiils. (using this as an example to prove we are inherently differant in some ways). A random population of women and men were sent into a room they had never been in before and asked later to write down what they witbessed. The women scored much higher than the men on accuracy! Now call me a sexist. This statement is more complimentive of women than of men!

I never called you a "sexist", that was another poster. All did was say there were girls in my high school that were just as into rock n' roll as the guys. Apparently it was different in your high school but it wasn't the case with mine.

^ To quote you again, "Lets face it, young women like differant music than young men."

That's a generic statement and it's sexist. What you should have said is that from what you've seen, most women like different music than men. Because that's all that is. As far as I can tell, half of people on this forum are women and the other half are men--of all ages. Does that tell you nothing?

Don't know much about them except for that song "I'm Going Hungry", and they were some hybrid supergroup with dudes from Pearl Jam and Soundgarden, right?

The song is "Hunger Strike". And yes, they were a blend of PJ (Vedder, Gossard, McCready, Ament)and Soundgarden (Cornell & Cameron). Gossard and Ament of course were from Mother Love Bone originally. This was a tribute album to the late Andrew Wood, MLB's singer.

The album is worth a listen. Check it out.

The song is "Hunger Strike". And yes, they were a blend of PJ (Vedder, Gossard, McCready, Ament)and Soundgarden (Cornell & Cameron). Gossard and Ament of course were from Mother Love Bone originally. This was a tribute album to the late Andrew Wood, MLB's singer.

The album is worth a listen. Check it out.

Temple of the dog, awesome record

another collaboration back in those Days, Mad Season another great record

not to start another argument or anything, but i do have to say that this period of music was easily my favorite.....actually had the ultimate effect of my losing my Zeppelin obsession for a while and focus that elsewhere

Temple of the dog, awesome record

another collaboration back in those Days, Mad Season another great record

not to start another argument or anything, but i do have to say that this period of music was easily my favorite.....actually had the ultimate effect of my losing my Zeppelin obsession for a while and focus that elsewhere

Mad Season were awesome!! :D

My favorites from that one are everything between (and including)"Wake Up" and "All Alone". :P

Layne Staley and Mark Lanegan were particularly great on "Long Gone Day".

Yeah, sounds pretty good.

I was in college from '91-'95, so that was PRIME grunge era, it was hard to miss most of that stuff on MTV and on the radio. Alice In Chains is probably my favorite Seattle band from that time, a little heavier than the others.

Alice In Chains are one of my favorite bands of all time. Also, you might want to check out Jerry Cantrell's solo work too. Awesome stuff.

If I'm not mistaken that Mad Season album has gone out of print and fetches a pretty penny these days.

Nope. Our local Best Buy keeps it stocked on the shelves. $13.99 I believe. And worth every penny. Also, Amazon keeps it on hand, that's where I got my copy.

Alice In Chains are one of my favorite bands of all time. Also, you might want to check out Jerry Cantrell's solo work too. Awesome stuff.

wierd, huge AIC fan myself as well as a Cantrell fan, but i couldn't bring myself to see them tour as AIC without Layne.........but I'm kind of regretting that decision now

sort of brings me to another thought, as much as I loved that period of music, for whatever reason, I never really caught any of those bands live with the exception of Janes Addiction with whom i was completely into

that was sort of a dry spell for me going to concerts, ironically during the time I loved a new band each week. Can't for the life of me remember why that was..............maybe because I was just out of college and embarking on my "professional career"............lame..but I digress :unsure:

Did you see on VH1's Rock Honors, Jerry Cantrell and Alice in Chains with Gretchen Wilson on vocals doing Heart's "Barracuda"? Pretty awesome!

*Barracuda*

I saw that and must admit I never thought much of Retchin' Wilson, especially after what she did to Freebird (with Skynyd no less) during the Grammys a few years back during their salute to Southern Rock but after hearing her on Barracuda I'm convinced she makes a better rock singer than a country one. She sang her ass off.

Archived