2021 NBA Season

chef free

What have we so far?

In the West, LA looks lost: Suns, Nuggets, Mavs and Clippers doing well: Warriors surprising everyone while awaiting the return of Wiseman and Thompson...

While in the East the Wizards, Nets (without Kyrie), Bulls and Cavs are flying high but favorites Milwaukee and Philly are struggling...

Going to be a great season, last year's finals made me a huge Hawks/Trey young fan!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2021 at 5:43 PM, paul carruthers said:

I know they don't hand out trophies after 12 games, but who can stop the Warriors, right now? Maybe no one--barring injuries...

That Laker's Big Three isn't too hot at the moment...

Yeah, who doesn't love Curry.  And wait until they get Thompson back.  Yikes.  The Lakers on paper look scary, in reality, not so much.  They have struggled and struggled.  I wonder if the coach will last?  Or if they will pull the trigger on a trade. I have head about Westbrooke being gone?  Lebron did not play last night, they lost to the Knicks who are good again all of a sudden.  Its been a long time for them. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Lakers try putting together a "Super team" years ago; I believe Karl Malone and a few other players whose names I've forgotten went to LA in hopes of trying to get that elusive ring & crapped out....

I doubt anyone imagined having the 3 big stars they have they would not be as good as advertised.  It does not break my heart.  Im not a fan of the Lakers since the days of Jerry West.  West and Rick Barry are my all time favorite players and Dr J.  

On 12/28/2021 at 2:00 PM, paul carruthers said:

Are the Lakers serious about dealing Russell Westbrook? It's been awhile since I checked the standings, but right now I think they are circling the drain in 9th place--correct me if I'm wrong...

I9-19.   500 team at the moment, 4th in division.  I am thinking its due more to Lebron having age catch up with him?  Id trade Lebron before I trade Westbrooke.  But they wont do that. Golden State looks solid. They have Wiggins to help Steph Curry but wait until Thompson returns.  I cant believe they are doing this without Thompson.  I do not think they can be beaten when he returns.  Assuming he is his beastly self. I have not watched any games.  Covid has really messed up the NHL also. I am hoping the NFL can get through the playoffs.  Without any major guys going down

Bulls surging with their eighth win in a row!  Can Kyrie help the Nets? Bucks and Heat right behind them and playing very well.  76ers on the rise with a four win streak.  With only eight games separating first and tenth place, it looks like the East is up for grabs...

Warriors, Suns, and Jazz are getting some separation from the rest but the fourth place Grizzles are surging right now with wins over Suns, Spurs, Lakers and Nets.  Star-packed LA teams continue to struggle, both Lakers and Clippers are currently .500 teams.

I'm hoping for a KD vs Curry Finals showdown!

Edited by chef free

In the West Jazz and Suns lose, meanwhile the Mavericks win their sixth in a row and the Grizzlies win their NINTH in a row!

In the East, The Nets escape with a win after an OT scare from Spurs,  76ers and Raptors each win their sixth in a row, and all with only 2.5 games separating the top four.

Oh yes, and the return of Klay Thompson...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Paul, it looks like your Miami Heat have righted the ship just in time after that weird collapse recently. 

I knew the Lakers would be unwatchable after they traded for Russell Westbrook. I have not watched a single Laker game. It was bad enough having Lebron on the team...having two players I hated on the Lakers? No way was I wasting time on them and, remembering the embers of 2004, predicted disaster. How did that turn out? Let's look at the standings...hmmmm...32-49. Ha! They won't even make the playoffs and you have to suck pretty bad to miss the playoffs in the NBA.

It seems like the sports networks as a whole are sleeping on the Heat as far as being serious contenders in the East--which may be why I've not watched ESPN or FS1 in close to a month. That, and the neverending Lakers topics. 

Having said that, I do have to say Lebron reeks of a man desperate for that 5th ring if he's attempting to butter up Steph Curry....

On 4/9/2022 at 4:05 PM, paul carruthers said:

It seems like the sports networks as a whole are sleeping on the Heat as far as being serious contenders in the East--which may be why I've not watched ESPN or FS1 in close to a month. That, and the neverending Lakers topics. 

Having said that, I do have to say Lebron reeks of a man desperate for that 5th ring if he's attempting to butter up Steph Curry....

You are right.  Its like Skip Bayless and his never ending talk about the no more relevant Cowboys.  Cant stand it.  Miami are certainly a contender in the East.  Teams like Toronto and Cleveland are dangerous and i am taking the Cavs to cover the 8 1/2 vs Brooklyn regardless of who wins. I also like the Clippers to win against either Minnesota or if they done, beat the winner of SA and Pelicans.  I like Charlotte with the points vs Atlanta.  And I think San Antonio can win out right over Pelicans. These one off games to move on.  Strange how they did it this year. 10 teams made it with a chance to extend season.  The Lakers are finished.  Toast.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 8:28 AM, paul carruthers said:

So much for KD and those "world beater" Nets. And yet, somehow, I still feel like the Heat are not getting enough respect in these playoffs. Maybe some will fall our way if we close out the Hawks tonight....

Thank you for beating flat-earth Kyrie and the Nyets. I am pulling for Miami in the East. In the West, either Dallas or Golden State. Just as long as it isn't Chris Paul and the Suns.

Edited by Strider

What a Game 1--the heart of a Warrior, so to speak. I give all the credit in the world to GS, because I definitely thought this game was over after that bullshit ejection on Draymond and the way Ja Morant was lighting them up. This could be the best series of the entire playoffs....

spacer.png

I a surprised Boston lost yesterday.  I expect them to bounce back.  They cant let one man beat them.  With Embid out, and it sounds bad, I do not give Philly much of a chance vs Miami.  

I love Dallas to beat Phoenix.  In 4 or 5.  Cant believe Dallas is getting 6 in game one. I took them money line.  

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

• 2 weeks later...