2021 NBA Season

chef free

12 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

How you been Chase?  i never doubted that Boston would win the East especially after the 76ers went with Harden.  I had Boston and GS in a wager to make the finals months ago. I only wish I had wagered more.  I have a small wager on Boston to win the whole thing. Which they may. But I have to confess I cheer for GS because I like Steph Curry.  And I always loved Rick Barry, a guy who never got enough credit.  It should be a fight to the finish unless GS has problems?  I would expect them to win tonight at the least.  They better if they wish to make it a series.  I think its the old format, 2-3-2?  That saves them many flight miles. 5 1/2 hour flight to the East coast. So I would expect the next 3 are in Boston.  Golden state must win tonight to make this a a series.  Of course they are good on the road, you have to be to be a team that makes the finals. 

Remember this Chase, the AFC East is ours now.

Hi Rick. All is well here ...I hope you're well too. 

Golden State seem to be shrugging off the Celtics win the other night .... (well Green is) and that's not a very good idea. This team is incredible.. They can go on a run before anyone knows what hit them. 

Paul is right ... the format is back to 2-2-1-1-1.  That's why there's so much time between games. I was surprised with the change.. not sure if it was like that last year  and it wouldn't have mattered much in 2020.. the bubble year. 

As far as The Patriots / Bills ... AFC East ... we shall see. I will say most people here seem to be pretty confused by what Bill Bellichick is planning.  you could be right.. The Patriots weren't the same after the bi-week... it killed their momentum.  

But in the meantime I'm going to enjoy this Celtics team.. 

Edited by the chase

On 6/5/2022 at 6:11 PM, the chase said:

Hi Rick. All is well here ...I hope you're well too. 

Golden State seem to be shrugging off the Celtics win the other night .... (well Green is) and that's not a very good idea. This team is incredible.. They can go on a run before anyone knows what hit them. 

Paul is right ... the format is back to 2-2-1-1-1.  That's why there's so much time between games. I was surprised with the change.. not sure if it was like that last year  and it wouldn't have mattered much in 2020.. the bubble year. 

As far as The Patriots / Bills ... AFC East ... we shall see. I will say most people here seem to be pretty confused by what Bill Bellichick is planning.  you could be right.. The Patriots weren't the same after the bi-week... it killed their momentum.  

But in the meantime I'm going to enjoy this Celtics team.. 

Enjoy the Celtics pal.  Its over for the Pats and the Bruins just made a real stupid move and might lose Bergeron also.  The Red Sox can join my Orioles in the cellar until next year. Steph Curry is some player. This is a real war like I expected.  Likely goes 7.  Thompson has to come through for GS. He finally did a bit last night. 

And now it is 82.3% (181-39).

Congratulations to the Golden State Warriors. I know some Boston fans who will be very upset. But chef free will be happy and I am happy the Warriors added another championship to the state of California's total.

It will be interesting to see which teams that were in the playoffs can sustain their success over the coming years. Golden State, Boston, and Milwaukee seem safe bets to remain title contenders. 

The others? Who knows? Depends on what the draft and free agency bring.

10 minutes ago, Strider said:

And now it is 82.3% (181-39).

Congratulations to the Golden State Warriors. I know some Boston fans who will be very upset. But chef free will be happy and I am happy the Warriors added another championship to the state of California's total.

It will be interesting to see which teams that were in the playoffs can sustain their success over the coming years. Golden State, Boston, and Milwaukee seem safe bets to remain title contenders. 

The others? Who knows? Depends on what the draft and free agency bring.

Yes congratulations Golden State fans.. Those last 3 games were painful to watch. They're so fast and were hitting everything..  And yes another title for California. 

Don't forget 5 of those 17 Lakers titles were as the Minneapolis Lakers..  

So the Minneapolis / L.A. Lakers will remain tied with the Boston Celtics at 17 Titles for now... lol.. yeah I'm a little wounded.. wait till next year.. 

1 hour ago, hummingbird69 said:

Celtic totally shit the bed! How do you come out to a 12 t 2 lead and then lose by that much in the end??  What a bunch of losers!

One of Boston's problems was holding on to the ball. They acted like it was painful to touch the basketball.

12 hours ago, the chase said:

Yes congratulations Golden State fans.. Those last 3 games were painful to watch. They're so fast and were hitting everything..  And yes another title for California. 

Don't forget 5 of those 17 Lakers titles were as the Minneapolis Lakers..  

So the Minneapolis / L.A. Lakers will remain tied with the Boston Celtics at 17 Titles for now... lol.. yeah I'm a little wounded.. wait till next year.. 

Boston will be back to the Finals before the old creaky LeBron Lakers.

22 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I guess Golden State didn't need Kevin Durant to win this title. Still, it should be fun watching the various talking head shows to see how the Warriors haters will try to slight them on winning this ring....  

it's been the opposite from what I've seen so far. Lots of ragging on Tatum.. He didn't have a very good series, but The Celtics wouldn't have made it to the Finals without him. 

20 hours ago, the chase said:

it's been the opposite from what I've seen so far. Lots of ragging on Tatum.. He didn't have a very good series, but The Celtics wouldn't have made it to the Finals without him. 

I am happy Golden State won.  Curry is my favorite player and likely many others.  Rick Barry and Jerry West and Dr J are my favorite 3 players of all time.  Warriors are my favorite , also like 76ers if they do not have Harden on the team and the old Lakers with Jerry West and Wilt. 

Nice season by your Celtics Chase. Maybe they win it all next year. They might. They will be back to finals for sure. Bill Russel's records are going nowhere. Nor the memories of John Havlecek. Likely spelled it wrong but who cares. He was some kind of player. So Golden State wins again without a dominant center.  Rick Barry did it in 1975.  And Rick Barry NEVER GETS THE CREDIT HE DESERVES.    He shows up at GS practices still  He owns one of the best all time free throw percentages with that funky Wilt Chamberlain style free throw. I used to try it when I was young with my old ABA ball. The old red white and blue ball.  I remember Dr J slam dunking a ball before the merger, I tell you he took but one step from the free throw line and slammed it!!!!!  Unreal.  Like he had wings. I will say Curry is the best damn shooter the game as ever seen  He is just incredible.  Having Thomson helped and Green.  And Wiggins.  Wiggins likely never thought he would get a title this fast.?I   I cant remember if he started in Charlotte or Minnesota?  Or somewhere else?  Anyway, you cant be sad Chase. Your boys won the East in style

PS, does anyone remember that 70 point game Rick Barry had?  Before the 3 point line was established?  And how about the miracle shot by West at the garden?  That was a game winner  Should have been.  But by the stinking rules of the day, two points. From his side of half court at the buzzer!!!!!  Its one of the greatest shots in NBA history.  I wish they would go back on film and see how many points Rick Barry actually would have scored in that game had there been a 3 point line.  Add a few by Maravich too.

Edited by LedZeppfan1977