Robert Plant and Alison Krauss announce first tour dates in twelve years (Press Release)

• Administrators

Press Release:

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss announce first tour dates in twelve years

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss announce first tour dates in twelve years -  Outdoor concerts through the summer of 2022, from New York City's Forest Hills Stadium, London's Hyde Park, Berlin's magnificent Spandau Citadel to Hamar (Tjuvholmen) and Bergen (Bergenhus Fortress).

A global YouTube Livestream starts at 19.00 Norwegian time, followed by NPR Music listening party 20.00.

The new album Raise The Roof is out now.

cover-rpak.jpg

Today, Robert Plant and Alison Krauss open the doors to Raise The Roof . The long-awaited sequel to their 2007 monumental album, Raising Sand, is out now, and to celebrate the event, the duo have announced their first tour in twelve years. From June 1, 2022, they will bring their brand new music to a series of mostly large outdoor concerts throughout the United States, Great Britain and Europe. Tickets for the European dates will go on sale from 09.00 26.November. The US concerts go on sale a week later.

Listen to Raise The Roof : https://plantkrauss.lnk.to/RaiseTheRoof

Tonight, fans can watch the two icons play some of the new songs at. 19.00 on a global livestream presented in collaboration with YouTube , in addition to a virtual conversation with critic Ann Powers at. 20.00, which is part of NPR Music's listening party ( sign up here ).

The recordings of Raise The Roof began at Nashville's Sound Emporium Studios in late 2019 and ended just weeks before the world closed. Like Raising Sand, T Bone Burnett has produced this coalition of early blues, secluded country songs, revolutionary folk-rock and forgotten soul music written by legends and unsung heroes such as Merle Haggard, Allen Toussaint, The Everly Brothers, Anne Briggs, Geeshie Wiley, Bert Jansch, Ola Belle Reed, Brenda Burns and more.

Robert Plant says the following about the new album: «These are songs that have gone into our hearts way back in time, but got lost in the twists and curves of the passing years. You hear them and you go 'Man, listen to that song, we got to sing that song!' It's a vacation, really — the perfect place to go that you least expected to find. "

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss Concert Date 2022:

June 1 - Canandaigua, NY - CMAC

June 3 - Saratoga Springs, NY - Saratoga Performing Arts Center

June 4 - Forest Hills, NY - Forest Hills Stadium

June 6 - Clarkston, MI - DTE Energy Music Theater

June 7 - Chicago, IL - Pritzker Pavilion

June 9 - Indianapolis, IN - TCU Amphitheater at White River State Park

June 11 - Columbia, MD - Merriweather Post Pavilion

June 12 - Philadelphia, PA - TD Pavilion @ The Mann

June 14 - Cary, NC - Koka Booth Amphitheater

June 16 - Atlanta, GA - Cadence Bank Amphitheater at Chastain Park

June 26 - London, UK - BST Hyde Park

July 1 - Hamar, NO - Tjuvholmen

July 2 - Bergen, NO - Bergenhus Fortress

July 5 - Rättvik, SE - Dalhalla

July 14 - Lucca, IT - Lucca Summer Festival - Piazza Napoleone

July 18 - Sopot, PL - Lesna Opera

July 20 - Berlin, DE - Citadel

Raise The Roof playlist:

Quattro (World Drifts In)

2. The Price of Love

3. Go Your Way

4. Trouble With My Lover

5. Searching for My Love

6. Can't Let Go

7. It Do not Bother Me

8. You Led Me to The Wrong

9. Last Kind Words Blues

10. High and Lonesome

11. Going Where the Lonely Go

12. Somebody Was Watching Over Me

rpak-ustour.jpg

6 hours ago, reids said:

Thanks, Sam. I’m going to see them in Atlanta. Do you know when tickets go on sale? Nothing is listed yet on sites. Trying to get pre-sales before scalpers. Thx.

R😎

How about checking with the Cadence Bank Amphitheatre? That's usually what I do. Or possibly Robert's web site?

8 hours ago, reids said:

Thanks, Sam. I’m going to see them in Atlanta. Do you know when tickets go on sale? Nothing is listed yet on sites. Trying to get pre-sales before scalpers. Thx.

R😎

In Philly, it's Nov.29 for the pre-sale. I received an email and signed up for the password.

Looks like theres already Two fake / scalper sites that are claiming tickets being on sale for Atlanta already. However, tickets for Atlanta don’t go on sale yet until later next week. 

Thankfully, I’ve got a week until then and I found the special edition cd with bonus tracks at Target early this morning. . They’re all over tv today with interviews (CBS; late night tv tonight and early tomorrow morning on cbs this Saturday programs).in addition to what Sam said above re: YouTube. 

Usually, I get an email for anything Plant related after signing up for pre-sales, codes, etc... but didn’t this time. Not sure why, so I signed up again through Plant and Krauss’ website. 

R😎

Edited by reids

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
7 hours ago, The Pagemeister said:

I was at this show and what a great version this was. The two of them were made for each other. It was an incredible show and I felt it was much better than in 2008 when I saw them in NYC. It was more rocking and the addition of JD McPherson to their band definitely helps. He's also the opener on tour.

• 1 month later...