Page Solo Tour?!?

chef free

13 hours ago, chef free said:

The blog post you linked to here is misleading. "Jimmy Page Plans To Tour Again Soon" is the headline, backed up by a claimed "recent" interview that Jimmy Page gave to GQ.

There are no direct quotes from the interview in the Classic Rock History post, but it appears that the author is referring to a year-old interview that Page gave to GQ for its December 2020 edition. It's available to read online here: https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/jimmy-page-interview

Here's the relevant section that the author is using to claim there's a planned Page tour in the works:

"When we first went into lockdown I thought, 'Right, now’s the time to start thinking about coming back at some point and being able to perform.' But it’s such a very sad and desperate time and what this virus has done internationally to families, to the arts and everything we love and hold dear and the whole concert situation, it does worry me. Playing live is so important for young musicians. When we were young, we all had these little gigs, hoping to play somewhere bigger and it’s such an important part of that communion of musicians playing together. For me it’s always been the most important thing. I will never be one of those people who’ll record alone and send someone a file. I never went into music in the first place to do that, it was for playing together and this is what it means. We need to play with people, we need gigs and we need community. Because without that, music means nothing."