Any Gen Xers here that grew up with Led Zeppelin?

Azizi

27 minutes ago, Azizi said:

Are there any early Gen Xers (born 1965-1969) that has seen Led Zeppelin live in the 1970s, or even Page and Plant?

I'm sure there are quite a few of us Gen X-ers on here. I saw Plant twice in 88, once in 90, 93, twice with Page in 95, once with Page in 98. And saw Pagey in 88 as well,

Gen-Xer here, and fwiw, I think the end year for the age group cohort goes out to the late 70's or even early 80's. But, I am at the end of the time frame you listed. Concerts aren't really my thing, but I did see Plant in 93 and had tickets to Page/Plant in 95 but had to leave town unexpectedly for work. I eventually got the video, which isn't the same, but that's my LZ encounters. My brother has seen JPJ play with some people.

Bonzo died when I was in 7th grade. I was aware of Zeppelin, but didn't really get into them until after Bonzo's passing. All the older kids took it really really hard, and that left me with an impression. I was really into them after that. Two years later Plant releases Pictures At Eleven and it's my very first concert. No opening act and it's at the Rosemont Horizon, just outside Chicago, Illinois. He opened with In The Mood and the place went nuts. 

Saw him two more times over the years and can't wait for the shows with Alison Krauss. Oh, I also saw Page with The Firm at the same venue in 1984? Plant left the better impression. All I remember from The Firm show was people peeing in the sinks in the bathrooms and the lazer pyramid.  

On 12/12/2021 at 12:37 PM, Azizi said:

Are there any early Gen Xers (born 1965-1969) that has seen Led Zeppelin live in the 1970s, or even Page and Plant?

I was born in '68...my aunt and uncle were going to take me along for Seattle 7/17/77 but my folks put the kibosh on it. The missus and I planned on seeing Page/Plant in Vancouver in '98 but work and shit got in the way...

Is Led Zeppelin (and other classic rock bands such as Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, etc) popular with Gen Xers? I think it's probably popular with the older members, because many of the grunge acts all cited Zeppelin (and other 70s classic rock bands) as a massive influence. 

Edited by Azizi

I was born in ‘65 and first heard Zeppelin aged 10 when Physical Graffiti came into our house. But, I really got into them when I saw the film in ‘76 aged 11, and from then on I was strapped aboard.

I was too young for Knebworth at age 14, I kind of hoped my older brother might take me but he wasn’t too keen on the idea as he wasn’t really a fan

So my first time was seeing Planty on his first tour ‘83 and maybe a dozen times since including twice at Glastonbury. Page & Plant at Glastonbury 95, then twice more that year. Then three times in ‘98, including at Reading, which was the best time I saw them.

JPJ on the Zooma tour(2000?) was fantastic and I saw him as a guest at a collective artists gig, and with Them Crooked Vultures 

On 12/12/2021 at 2:37 PM, Azizi said:

“Gen X” have birth dates 1965-1980” I saw Page/Plant in 1993, and it was a fantastic show. 

Edited by Silverseas
Grammar

On 12/14/2021 at 6:49 AM, BobDobbs said:

Born in 68', saw Zeppelin at 9 years old on April 10th 1977. My older cousin took me and this was my first concert.

Firm - 1985, Plant - 85', 88', Page - 88, Plant - 90, Page & Plant - 95' & 98'. Plant every year he has toured since.

Was the 10/4/77 concert at Chicago?