Jump to content

Bootleg Album Prices


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a TMOQ BBC Broadcast in a stamped pastel cream sleeve on black vinyl (boo) 'bout a year ago for fifteen quid (VG+) First time I bought that one in 1973 it was £2.50, on orange vinyl in a pastel blue sleeve.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mikelangelo said:

I sold my Brussels Affair- and Destroyer-box sets. Need I say that I regret that.. 😬 Give it a thought, before you sell!!! I'm gonna have to buy at least Brussels Affair back!!! And I'm looking for LPs, cds won't do 😆

If you are talking about The Swinging Pig box sets, I still have both and kept them when I unloaded most of my LP's other than Zepppelin and related. Had some really cool bootlegs by other artists too. Looking back I shouldn't have but that's another sorry discourse... :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nick2632 said:

Slightly off topic, but related.. Anyone know if bootleg LPs are still manufactured..? 

There are these grey area releases that one time would have been called bootlegs.  

104126775_23844903787890606_5190305014774263082_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=67cdda&_nc_ohc=9G2OZiRQa4gAX8ghUDg&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr3-2.fna&oh=52104655160d92b1bb069653cb358281&oe=5F29A2EA

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nick2632 said:

Slightly off topic, but related.. Anyone know if bootleg LPs are still manufactured..? 

There are still a few that pop up that may have been only on CD before. I picked up a couple last year. North American Tour 1971 which is 3 sides Orlando and 1 side Toronto. Live In Denmark 1969, the March 15 Egegaard Skool show. Both on the Open Mind label.

Edited by Zep Hed
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, nick2632 said:

Slightly off topic, but related.. Anyone know if bootleg LPs are still manufactured..? 

There's a bundle of new bootleg vinyl releases around, rock and metal are mainstays, don't see that many Zeppelin releases but the industry is still there.  Ebay and Discogs are awash with them although the latter tends to close the listings and labels down frequently and plenty of dealers at record fairs still.    I should add these are traditional boots, not grey market radio shows that are flooding the markets these days.

Edited by jbrum77634
Afterthought/extra info.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...

I have a double album live set of Zep, nothing on the cover, nothing on the albums but the “Pig”. I believe Jimmy had a broken finger and had to cancel the show. Not sure where this is recorded but I remember them saying 18,000 peeps or so. Sounds terrible 👀

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2020 at 9:53 AM, Zep Hed said:

There are still a few that pop up that may have been only on CD before. I picked up a couple last year. North American Tour 1971 which is 3 sides Orlando and 1 side Toronto. Live In Denmark 1969, the March 15 Egegaard Skool show. Both on the Open Mind label.

I saw that 71 tour set and was thinking about purchasing it, but it annoyed me that they didn't put the complete show on 4 LPS. Same with one of the Fillmore shows I think, it's also incomplete. I don't know why they do that, just press another LP and charge a little more. Did you enjoy the 71 tour release?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, porgie66 said:

I saw that 71 tour set and was thinking about purchasing it, but it annoyed me that they didn't put the complete show on 4 LPS. Same with one of the Fillmore shows I think, it's also incomplete. I don't know why they do that, just press another LP and charge a little more. Did you enjoy the 71 tour release?

I was happy to get the Orlando material, yes. But agree it's annoying they couldn't have - or didn't - make the Toronto side - which has already been released on vinyl - the rest of the Orlando show. I think it's a matter of hoarding. They reserve the full shows for the CD market.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dominion23 said:

Wondering if anyone has any information on a Led Zeppelin Tribute to Johnny Kidd and the Pirates album?

Led Zeppelin - A Tribute To Johnny Kidd And The Pirates (1990, Vinyl) | Discogs 

Worth around $30

 

I had this one and a bunch more. Sold it along with some other Zep boots to fund a few big jazz purchases. Only kept a small stack by the end. Regret getting rid of a lot of them. Here's the last picture I could find that shows a good portion of my past Zep collection.

 

22639141_1626475824057218_8867260102021742592_n_17904361114024495.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dominion23 said:

Wondering if anyone has any information on a Led Zeppelin Tribute to Johnny Kidd and the Pirates album?

As for the contents, it has the mysterious soundcheck (believed to be from 73 not Minneapolis 75) without the PG material - i.e. Wanton, Rover, Night Flight - plus some unique segments from the 1970 Bron-Yr-Aur Cottage rehearsals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, zoso_jobes said:

Led Zeppelin - A Tribute To Johnny Kidd And The Pirates (1990, Vinyl) | Discogs 

Worth around $30

 

I had this one and a bunch more. Sold it along with some other Zep boots to fund a few big jazz purchases. Only kept a small stack by the end. Regret getting rid of a lot of them. Here's the last picture I could find that shows a good portion of my past Zep collection.

 

22639141_1626475824057218_8867260102021742592_n_17904361114024495.jpg

Beautiful looking collection there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, zoso_jobes said:

Led Zeppelin - A Tribute To Johnny Kidd And The Pirates (1990, Vinyl) | Discogs 

Worth around $30

 

I had this one and a bunch more. Sold it along with some other Zep boots to fund a few big jazz purchases. Only kept a small stack by the end. Regret getting rid of a lot of them. Here's the last picture I could find that shows a good portion of my past Zep collection.

 

22639141_1626475824057218_8867260102021742592_n_17904361114024495.jpg

nice del pez blueberry hill

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...