09.01.71 Hollywood, Florida tape - The Dogs of Doom Liberation Series Vol. 18

ZepHead315

The Dogs of Doom are proud to present our latest liberation: a brand new recording of a show that has never circulated before...until now! This new show, taken from the band's 1971 North American tour, is white hot, featuring both Page and Plant in particular in great shape. The tape is incomplete owing to the fact that the taper recorded the show on one C60 and one C30; the former was reshelled into a C90. A few minutes of the C30 was unfortunately taped over many years ago by the taper's father. The craziest discovery from having the full show is the revelation that Organ Solo-Thank You from the Orlando soundboard is actually from Hollywood! This doesn't affect the rest of the Orlando board, which is genuinely from that show. Special thanks to Charley for re-facilitating contact with the taper and transferring, June72 for finding the taper in the first place, goldenretriever157 for designing the art, and most of all, to the taper, Michael V. :) 

Premiering on my YouTube channel right now as we speak: 

15 minutes ago, ZepHead315 said:

The Dogs of Doom are proud to present our latest liberation: a brand new recording of a show that has never circulated before...until now! This new show, taken from the band's 1971 North American tour, is white hot, featuring both Page and Plant in particular in great shape. The tape is incomplete owing to the fact that the taper recorded the show on one C60 and one C30; the former was reshelled into a C90. A few minutes of the C30 was unfortunately taped over many years ago by the taper's father. The craziest discovery from having the full show is the revelation that Organ Solo-Thank You from the Orlando soundboard is actually from Hollywood! This doesn't affect the rest of the Orlando board, which is genuinely from that show. Special thanks to Charley for re-facilitating contact with the taper and transferring, June72 for finding the taper in the first place, goldenretriever157 for designing the art, and most of all, to the taper, Michael V. :) 

Premiering on my YouTube channel right now as we speak: 

Ohh yeaahh ..!! Early Xmas.:santa: Listening now, sounds like a hot one! Many thanks ZepHead315 - to you and everyone involved.

6 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but Organ Solo/Thank You is just a soundboard (presumably Orlando) pasted on to the end, no?

With the new tape, they learned that the performance of Thank You from the Orlando soundboard actually came from Hollywood. 

22 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but Organ Solo/Thank You is just a soundboard (presumably Orlando) pasted on to the end, no?

The raw audience tape for this show (which I have linked in the comments of the video I posted above) contains portions of the Organ Solo and Thank You and they sound identical. Same notes, flubs, crowd noises, etc. This means that the Organ Solo and Thank You from Orlando were actually mislabeled all these years and actually came from this Hollywood show. No idea how they got tacked on to the Orlando soundboard, but it's quite a remarkable discovery.

6 minutes ago, ZepHead315 said:

The raw audience tape for this show (which I have linked in the comments of the video I posted above) contains portions of the Organ Solo and Thank You and they sound identical. Same notes, flubs, crowd noises, etc. This means that the Organ Solo and Thank You from Orlando were actually mislabeled all these years and actually came from this Hollywood show. No idea how they got tacked on to the Orlando soundboard, but it's quite a remarkable discovery.

But since our "Orlando" organ solo/thank you are soundboard recordings, does that mean there is a soundboard for Hollywood... 

19 minutes ago, ZepHead315 said:

Yes, I see that there now, thanks, I'll check it out.  I agree, it's an interesting mystery.