o2 effects

michael d

3 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

That link really answers the question :hysterical:

It does, if you have any knowledge of guitar effects and are willing to apply some thought rather than have somebody do a Noddy guide for you.
It clearly shows the effects that Page was using on the night (there were a couple of mods for the O2, but they were more for routing issues and to add another whammy pedal), in a list put together by the man who built the pedalboard.  You can't really get more definitive than that.

Since we obviously need the Noddy guide, here goes:

In the studio he put the guitar through a Leslie cabinet - there's no Leslie effect available on Page's pedalboard.
At the O2 he had the choice of three different modulation effects - two chorus pedals and a phaser.
It's obviously not a phaser (do you really need me to explain why?) so that leaves one of the two chorus pedals. 

My money's on the Yamaha CH10.  It's got a swirlier more leslie-esque feel.

That's an answer.

Edited by woz70

8 hours ago, woz70 said:

It does, if you have any knowledge of guitar effects and are willing to apply some thought rather than have somebody do a Noddy guide for you.
It clearly shows the effects that Page was using on the night (there were a couple of mods for the O2, but they were more for routing issues and to add another whammy pedal), in a list put together by the man who built the pedalboard.  You can't really get more definitive than that.

In the studio he put the guitar through a Leslie cabinet - there's no Leslie effect available on Page's pedalboard.
At the O2 he had the choice of three different modulation effects - two chorus pedals and a phaser.
It's obviously not a phaser (do you really need me to explain why?) so that leaves one of the two chorus pedals. 

That's an answer.

Oh I understand as I too am a musician. I no longer gig but I did consistently from 1988 - 1996 so I can look at the link and know exactly what Page used on which song. However the layman or amateur musician may get a bit overwhelmed with all the technical talk, especially the first part.

You're likely still a gigging musician so it's second nature and if I still were I probably would have posted a similar link.

I always admire your posts Woz as it is obvious you know your stuff and it's always to the point, no bullshit.

Cheers and Merry Christmas Woz 🙂 

13 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Oh I understand as I too am a musician. I no longer gig but I did consistently from 1988 - 1996 so I can look at the link and know exactly what Page used on which song. However the layman or amateur musician may get a bit overwhelmed with all the technical talk, especially the first part.

You're likely still a gigging musician so it's second nature and if I still were I probably would have posted a similar link.

I always admire your posts Woz as it is obvious you know your stuff and it's always to the point, no bullshit.

Cheers and Merry Christmas Woz 🙂 

Get a room! 😉

• 8 months later...
On 12/23/2021 at 12:37 PM, woz70 said:

That's an answer.

Not to nitpick and I agree that it probably was the CH10 but don't forget the chorus setting on BOTH Whammy pedals.