Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
BigBadZep

Serge Gainsbourg

Any fans?

Histoire de Melody Nelson is one of my favorite recordings of the 70s, and you can definitely hear his influence in contemporary artists like Blonde Redhead, Air, Beck, etc.

I just found out that he made a video for each of the songs on that album, and they can be seen on youtube.

1)Melody

2)Ballade de Melody Nelson

3)Valse de Melody

4)Ah! Melody

5)L'hôtel particulier

6)En Melody

7)Cargo Culte

I like what I've heard of him, and I plan on purchasing some of his 70's recordings if I stumble across them.

Unfortunatly the only record by him I have, is the duet with Jane Birkin and probably the song he's most famous for, the 1969 single Je T'aime, Moi Non Plus.

6905240229.jpg

Thanks for posting the links, there are some pretty cool stuff there.

Is he the one that has this song that goes

"You're under arrest, cause you're the best"?.

His daughter is pretty hot.

So happy to see that you guys like what he did. As a french guy I must admit he is astouding...no one can ever replace him. B)

J'adore Serge Gainsbourg! Il est génial! I only have The Ultimate Best Of, but I love it.

L'Homme à tête de chou...lol, Cabbage-head Man sounds a lot cooler in French. :lol:

Initials B.B.

41FN6Z6DAYL._AA240_.jpg

L'Homme à tête de chou

30_291.jpg

It's such a guilty pleasure, but I really do love the stuff he did with Bridget Bardot. It's complete Austin Powers that you can't help but smile.