Fans' wish list for Led Zeppelin DVD II

donald

I just thought it would be a good idea to compile a comprehensive wish list of footage we'd like to see on a follow-up to Led Zeppelin DVD, that will hopefully be released sometime in the near future. Just in case someone close to the band takes a look into this forum from time to time ;)

I'll start with a couple of (mostly obvious) wishes that are (probably) available and pro shot, but not yet officially released.

I think DVD 2 should be a 3 disc set including footage from various years.

Disc 1: Main highlight should be all available footage from Bath 1970. If necessary, gaps in the footage could be filled with stills. Hope there's at least 30 minutes of usable footage available, as rumored for a long time on the web.

Then there should be a lot of Extras available, mainly from the early years, such as

- the Amsterdam 71 footage (with a full Immigrant Song, please)

- the Plant / Bonham interview from 1970

- the complete footage and Robert Plant interview from Iceland 1970

- the Japanese promo video for Communication Breakdown

- the German Beatclub video for Whole Lotta Love

- Let's have a party from Australia 1972 (don't know why they left this off LZ DVD in 2003)

- some of the cool backstage footage from Montreux 1971

- the 1997 promo video for Whole Lotta Love

- the Kashmir promo video from Latter Days

- plus, there should be at least a few selected songs from 1977 (if necessary, from Seattle, if possible from Houston or another show). If there's no multitrack audio available, soundboard recordings would do.

I'm sure there's even more stuff in the vaults of various TV stations, in particular footage from the early years.

Disc 2: Best of Earls Court 75. A complete concert made of the best versions of the songs played during the (at least, as far as I know) 3 nights that were filmed. On LZ DVD from 2003, we only got 6 songs, so most of the concert is still missing. And the bootleg releases available suffer from inferior sound (and the visual quality isn't first rate either). As for the 6 tracks already released in 2003, there should be alternative versions from different nights on DVD 2.

Disc 3: Best of Knebworth 79. A complete concert made of the best versions of the songs performed on both nights. Obviously, most songs will be from the 4th.

These are my suggestions. Any other wishes / ideas?

Great list there. My dream wishlist would be:

Disc 1: Complete Bath 1970, or Blueberry Hill 1970-09-04, with multitrack audio (never going to happen), MSG 1973 highlights

Disc 2: A complete 3 hour + Earl's Court mix from the 24th and 25th.

Disc 3: Knebworth highlights, extras similar to those you listed

^ Agreed, but I don't think there IS anything from 69-72, so the only thing we can ask for is more complete 73, Earl's Court, and Knebworth.

The absolute holy grail would be a complete filmed show from 69-72, Bath 1970 for instance, I don't know that anything other than Bath exists.

^ Agreed, but I don't think there IS anything from 69-72, so the only thing we can ask for is more complete 73, Earl's Court, and Knebworth.

The absolute holy grail would be a complete filmed show from 69-72, Bath 1970 for instance, I don't know that anything other than Bath exists.

I'd find it nearly impossible to beleive that there is no visial footage in the fillmore vaults they can find. And Bath itself would be much better than anything more they can release with NYC 73 and Knebworth combined.

Great list there. My dream wishlist would be:

Disc 1: Complete Bath 1970, or Blueberry Hill 1970-09-04, with multitrack audio (never going to happen), MSG 1973 highlights

Disc 2: A complete 3 hour + Earl's Court mix from the 24th and 25th.

Disc 3: Knebworth highlights, extras similar to those you listed

I'm amazed this hasn't gotten much talk.

I'd find it nearly impossible to beleive that there is no visial footage in the fillmore vaults they can find. And Bath itself would be much better than anything more they can release with NYC 73 and Knebworth combined.

Is there any update on what ever happened with Page looking through the Fillmore vaults? When "Wolfgang's Vault" opened, I'd heard that he was going to check out what was there for potential release, but then I think there was some falling out and Zep sued him, right? Is official release of this material still possible, does he have a right to it, or would have have to buy it from the guy?

Several shows are rumored to be filmed, but I think the Bath footage is the one most likely to exist. Question is, is it still intact, in good shape and usable for release? Other than Bath, there were rumors of various footage like Texas Pop Festival 1969, Paris Olympia 1969 (which was recorded for a radio broadcast that was aired again recently), Holland 1969, Japan 71, several shows from 1977, etc. I have no idea if there's any truth in these rumors since I haven't seen any of these. Hope at least one or two will turn out to be true. Japan 71 footage would be incredible. But probably, it was just a rumor. As for Bath, I hope they'll put something out soon if quality is sufficient.

Then again, there could be footage that none of us is aware yet. Who says they didn't film any of the shows in 1980? Or, any other 1970 shows, apart from Royal Albert Hall? As long as Jimmy Page is still interested in Zep archive releases, there's hope he'll come up with a surprise.

Several shows are rumored to be filmed, but I think the Bath footage is the one most likely to exist. Question is, is it still intact, in good shape and usable for release? Other than Bath, there were rumors of various footage like Texas Pop Festival 1969, Paris Olympia 1969 (which was recorded for a radio broadcast that was aired again recently), Holland 1969, Japan 71, several shows from 1977, etc. I have no idea if there's any truth in these rumors since I haven't seen any of these. Hope at least one or two will turn out to be true. Japan 71 footage would be incredible. But probably, it was just a rumor. As for Bath, I hope they'll put something out soon if quality is sufficient.

Then again, there could be footage that none of us is aware yet. Who says they didn't film any of the shows in 1980? Or, any other 1970 shows, apart from Royal Albert Hall? As long as Jimmy Page is still interested in Zep archive releases, there's hope he'll come up with a surprise.

thats a very good point. Even though we may not have heard of something existing -- that doesnt mean its not possibly collecting dust in Page's basement.

In which case I'd want a complete show of anything from America 1971, Japan 1971, Bath 70, 1969 anything, or England 1973. Any one of these will do for now. or Japan 72 --- thats acceptable as well. And ya know, as a matter of fact - call me crazy but I'd welcome a decent 1980 show too.

I just thought it would be a good idea to compile a comprehensive wish list of footage we'd like to see on a follow-up to Led Zeppelin DVD, that will hopefully be released sometime in the near future. Just in case someone close to the band takes a look into this forum from time to time ;)

I'll start with a couple of (mostly obvious) wishes that are (probably) available and pro shot, but not yet officially released.

I think DVD 2 should be a 3 disc set including footage from various years.

Disc 1: Main highlight should be all available footage from Bath 1970. If necessary, gaps in the footage could be filled with stills. Hope there's at least 30 minutes of usable footage available, as rumored for a long time on the web.

Then there should be a lot of Extras available, mainly from the early years, such as

- the Amsterdam 71 footage (with a full Immigrant Song, please)

- the Plant / Bonham interview from 1970

- the complete footage and Robert Plant interview from Iceland 1970

- the Japanese promo video for Communication Breakdown

- the German Beatclub video for Whole Lotta Love

- Let's have a party from Australia 1972 (don't know why they left this off LZ DVD in 2003)

- some of the cool backstage footage from Montreux 1971

- the 1997 promo video for Whole Lotta Love

- the Kashmir promo video from Latter Days

- plus, there should be at least a few selected songs from 1977 (if necessary, from Seattle, if possible from Houston or another show). If there's no multitrack audio available, soundboard recordings would do.

I'm sure there's even more stuff in the vaults of various TV stations, in particular footage from the early years.

Disc 2: Best of Earls Court 75. A complete concert made of the best versions of the songs played during the (at least, as far as I know) 3 nights that were filmed. On LZ DVD from 2003, we only got 6 songs, so most of the concert is still missing. And the bootleg releases available suffer from inferior sound (and the visual quality isn't first rate either). As for the 6 tracks already released in 2003, there should be alternative versions from different nights on DVD 2.

Disc 3: Best of Knebworth 79. A complete concert made of the best versions of the songs performed on both nights. Obviously, most songs will be from the 4th.

These are my suggestions. Any other wishes / ideas?

when how the west was won and the 2003 dvd was released, i read an articale interviewing page, he said a "friend" staying at his house stole All the tapes he had sometime in the 80's, and that nothing was left except what was released in 2003, and that it took years to put that together. (i think i read it in guitar mag.). so, is he holding back? or is there more? i hope so, i love te oldest stuff, it's more raw, less polished.

i have the Led Zeppelin DVD Box Set and I love it. I personally love the Earls Court Show from 1975. I have seen some other videos from that concert on youtube and I think that was an amazing show. So I would like to see that full concert on a DVD.

I also love the BBC Sessions album so if there was available footage of that then I would love a DVD of that.

when how the west was won and the 2003 dvd was released, i read an articale interviewing page, he said a "friend" staying at his house stole All the tapes he had sometime in the 80's, and that nothing was left except what was released in 2003, and that it took years to put that together. (i think i read it in guitar mag.). so, is he holding back? or is there more? i hope so, i love te oldest stuff, it's more raw, less polished.

I'm sure there's enough footage for another DVD, but the question is will Page (and the others) consider it good enough for another release? The known Earls Court and Knebworth footage alone would be sufficient for another release, not to speak of Bath or possible further footage that is not known. I hope Jimmy Page will not be too picky when considering possible footage for another DVD. He could perhaps fear that it wouldn't quite live up to the high expectations after the excellent first DVD set from 2003. But compared to all the other major bands, there is so little official footage of Led Zeppelin available, they should definitely put out at least one further DVD set, even if it wasn't quite as spectacular as the first one.

Remastered footage from the Bath Festival would be the ultimate. I'm sure there's more out there than we know about. Won't be released til sometime after the O2 show dvd comes out.

There is still some BBC footage available.

The Bath Festival would be the main content.

Also, Kashmir, Tangerine, Moby Dick and No Quarter from EC.

From Knebworth, well, Ten Years Gone if Jimmy would plays the missing track in studio.

More footage of Sydney and Long Tall Sally from RAH.

Also, a fixed version of Julie Felix show 1970.

And something of 1977 in the menu clips...

I want some footage with the Oakland Dancer so we can know exactly what her point is. As many interviews as possible. I know that film exsists of things happening on the Starship and Caesar's Chariot. I think that or other promo party footage would be interesting.

I want some footage with the Oakland Dancer so we can know exactly what her point is. As many interviews as possible. I know that film exsists of things happening on the Starship and Caesar's Chariot. I think that or other promo party footage would be interesting.

Please tell me about the Oakland Dancer, never heard of this before.

Archived