Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

The more Trump opens his mouth, the more puzzled I am as to his supposed charm and appeal, unless being a rude, hate mongering asshole is what reels in his followers, & I completely missed it....

To the lame-stream media and the late night so-called "comedians", he's the gift that keeps on giving.

2 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

To the lame-stream media and the late night so-called "comedians", he's the gift that keeps on giving.

Too bad they misrepresent everything he says no matter what it is. I heard a montage of lefty politicians,  liberal talking heads and so called journalists all using the term bloodbath when describing what was going to happen to the republicans and other pols but when it's Trump they make sure they tell you how wrong he is for doing the same thing they do.

On 3/16/2024 at 1:41 PM, Celystial said:

Getting emotional over a Tom Petty song was definitely not something I ever thought I'd be doing, but there we are.

...but I'm not complaining either.

"Wake Up Time" gets me every time.

On 3/18/2024 at 1:42 PM, paul carruthers said:

The more Trump opens his mouth, the more puzzled I am as to his supposed charm and appeal, unless being a rude, hate mongering asshole is what reels in his followers, & I completely missed it....

Edited by greengrass

6 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

He truly lives in their heads rent free, and they are scared shitless he's going to get reelected.

and close the border, deport the illegals, be energy independent, get us out of and stop supporting wars that Biden has gotten us into, hopefully restore faith and support our police, give school choice to all americans and offer the hope of prosperity to all, arrest and prosecute criminals not victims, stop  wasting taxpayers money so yes this scares the shit out of the lunatic left

After binging on 1973 Zeppelin last year for the 50th anniversaries of "Houses of the Holy" and the 1973 tours, and ahead of the 50th anniversary of "Physical Graffiti" and ensuing tour next year, I am taking a break from Led Zeppelin this year. Just as there was nothing from Led Zeppelin in 1974, I'll spend 2024 in Led Zeppelin silence.

It'll be the calm before the storm, so-to-speak.

1 hour ago, cryingbluerain said:

Whoops, the big NY bond slashed to $175 M today. Cro-mag woman in tears. The more shit they throw at him the stronger he gets. November is coming. 

The fit hits the shan. 😄

On 3/18/2024 at 11:42 AM, paul carruthers said:

Brilliantly put Paul. Sums it up nicely Sir. 

On 3/26/2024 at 8:17 AM, cryingbluerain said:

November is coming.

Yes indeed. I predict a bigger landslide than anyone is expecting. So many chooks are on their way home to roost.....

When I think of my favorite shows from 1980, I would probably say Frankfurt, Dortmund and Rotterdam, in that order. Zurich is probably up there too, notwithstanding that big flub on Kashmir....  

Edited by paul carruthers

11 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

When I think of my favorite shows from 1980, I would probably say Frankfurt, Dortmund and Rotterdam, in that order. Zurich is probably up there too, notwithstanding that big flub on Kashmir....  

those are both good shows. I often get slightly melancholy listening to the last tour. I find myself putting way too much thought towards what they were all thinking and maybe should just realize they were a band playing music together that they loved, and making new music together with that same emotional connection. They were all probably excited about the coming decade and wanted to go out prove that they were still to be counted and considered. 

23 hours ago, greengrass said:

They dont make em like that anymore. Gotta love his name too - Moses Pray 

The book is completely different. 

Imogene: [of Miss Trixie]  I tried to push her out of a window in Little Rock once.

😄

PAPER MOON CAST.jpg

On 3/27/2024 at 12:09 PM, Strider said:

One sign you're getting old: Memorials. I have been to several in the past few months and now I have two in April to attend. 

Don't even like to think about it.