Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

On 9/23/2024 at 1:21 AM, SteveAJones said:

Your community college education is showing by posing a question so insipid. There is already a process whereby the Constitution can be amended to reflect societal change. I suggest following that process, lest we instead adopt whatever "contemporary plan" some Leftist politician that you undoubtedly support wants to impose upon all of us. In closing for now, as a by the way, non-property-holding white males could vote in the vast majority of states as early as 1828. Today the right to vote has long since been extended to nearly all citizens.     

and this year how many million illegals get to vote????

11 hours ago, Strider said:

Aerosmith doing "Walk This Way" with Run-DMC in 1986 was unexpected and brought new audiences to both hip-hop and 1970s rock. The Beastie Boys marrying Zeppelin/Sabbath/Slayer to rap on "Licensed to Ill" in 1986 did the same. As did Anthrax joining Public Enemy for "Bring the Noise" in 1991.

By 1998, it was a hackneyed move. Especially teaming up with Puff Daddy, who had no credibility at all and was looked at as a joke by the hip-hop crowd. Only clueless white dudes would have thought teaming up with Puff Daddy would be a cool move. Whomever was Jimmy Page's manager at the time should have been summarily fired for suggesting such a travesty.

No this raises the question of what led Page's management to greenlight such a partnership?

On 9/24/2024 at 12:55 AM, SteveAJones said:

No, YOU missed the point. There is a process to amend the US Constitution. 

Yes, Article V which in the past was referred to simply as a constitutional congress or continental congress.

Sure hope you're not the welcoming committee on this forum, if so I guess that would account for the lack of participants.

On 9/24/2024 at 4:37 AM, rm2551 said:

For abortion rights, I stick by my view it makes more sense for it to be a law of the land, but that is good to know.

Cheers.

Thank you kind Sir. Can always count on an Aussie for either a helping hand, a pint of beer, or a good laugh. 

20 hours ago, sonny001 said:

No this raises the question of what led Page's management to greenlight such a partnership?

It was Jimmy's decision to do it. According to Jimmy, Puff Daddy contacted him and wanted to use the Kashmir riff for the Godzilla soundtrack but also to have Jimmy perform it, which he did through a satellite hookup between studios. "I'd been into musical fusion since I first listened to music". Later he explained that this also offered him an opportunity to work on something that his young son and classmates could immediately relate to.  

6 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Damn! Explains some of your anger Chilli...

I don't need to be reminded what a complete shit hole this country is Rod, I live here. When you get a minute just watch this to see how a Country can waste billions on a project that never got off the ground.

We live in the impoverished north. No investment for years. We are not skint by any means and live in a very pleasant part of the world. However, yesterday we drove into Manchester. The drive in was thoroughly depressing. Poverty, rubbish strewn streets, hoards of Migrants hanging around, smoking fags and looking very menacing. We couldn't wait to get back to the Peaks.

My nephew came back from Melbourne last month to see his mother. We went out for dinner and when I asked him would he ever thought of coming back home, he laughed and said no fucking chance

So in conclusion: The weather is shit, we are taxed so highly, the roads are falling apart, no one can buy a house, Migrants get priority, crime is at an all time high with no Police in sight, the Health Service is fucked (unless you have money). Fine if you live in the South East, not so fine of you live anywhere else.

"So in conclusion: The weather is shit, we are taxed so highly, the roads are falling apart, no one can buy a house, Migrants get priority, crime is at an all time high with no Police in sight, the Health Service is fucked (unless you have money). Fine if you live in the South East, not so fine of you live anywhere else."

Sounds like the U.S.!!!  

45 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

"So in conclusion: The weather is shit, we are taxed so highly, the roads are falling apart, no one can buy a house, Migrants get priority, crime is at an all time high with no Police in sight, the Health Service is fucked (unless you have money). Fine if you live in the South East, not so fine of you live anywhere else."

Sounds like the U.S.!!!  

Oprah and Kamalala are going to fix all of that with her bubbly ads on TV. 😄

17 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

I don't need to be reminded what a complete shit hole this country is Rod, I live here. When you get a minute just watch this to see how a Country can waste billions on a project that never got off the ground.

We live in the impoverished north. No investment for years. We are not skint by any means and live in a very pleasant part of the world. However, yesterday we drove into Manchester. The drive in was thoroughly depressing. Poverty, rubbish strewn streets, hoards of Migrants hanging around, smoking fags and looking very menacing. We couldn't wait to get back to the Peaks.

My nephew came back from Melbourne last month to see his mother. We went out for dinner and when I asked him would he ever thought of coming back home, he laughed and said no fucking chance

So in conclusion: The weather is shit, we are taxed so highly, the roads are falling apart, no one can buy a house, Migrants get priority, crime is at an all time high with no Police in sight, the Health Service is fucked (unless you have money). Fine if you live in the South East, not so fine of you live anywhere else.

Sell up, come to sunny QLD. Sunshine Coast, somewhere a bit inland in the hinterland. No downside.

Other than that, sorry to hear that mate, I just hope you and yours get to live the good life with good food, wine, green, and golf.

Good to hear from you champion.

Cheers mate.