Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

2 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

Once in a blue moon, I get cravings for fig newtons. I eat 2-3, and they are the best thing I've ever eaten in my life. By the time I get to #5 .. I don't want to see a fig newton ever again.  

Brian Regan is a master of Random Thoughts.

34 minutes ago, John M said:

Brian Regan is a master of Random Thoughts.

Haha, this is great, I needed a laugh today. Yeah, I don't fill up after 2-3, but the "this tastes great" factor drops off a cliff for me 😂😂

3 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

BEDSHEETS????  ONCE A YEAR???  I'm gonna be sick......

Crazy right? I wash the bedsheets once a week, however back in my college days it was maybe once a month so I have improved over time in that respect at least 😉 

Finally got a DAW (digital audio workstation) that works. My old Sony Sound Forge up and quit, along with Audacity. Both programs deleted. I then tried Reaperr and Ableton and neither of them would work. Deleted. Muthafuck!!! So I started to use Sony Vegas just for the audio. It seemed to work fine but when I deleted Sound Forge it took away a lot of the effects from Vegas as they are tied together. That and Vegas was constantly crashing like a car with no brakes. Fuck Sony. I then tried loading Reaper again and this time it recognized my interface and all is well so far. I'm no pro by a long shot, but it is fun trying to create simple clips and learning how to mix tracks. 

I think that's simply more evidence of what the pandemic has demonstrated; most people are filthy, unhygienic pigs. I thought it hilarious and tragic that back in 2020, when the Big Nasty was first sweeping through the land, people had to be told to wash their hands, cover their mouths when they cough/sneeze, and don't crowd up on people when in standing in line. 

I couldn't believe that grown adults had to be told to do those things. 

9 hours ago, Electrophile said:

I think that's simply more evidence of what the pandemic has demonstrated; most people are filthy, unhygienic pigs. I thought it hilarious and tragic that back in 2020, when the Big Nasty was first sweeping through the land, people had to be told to wash their hands, cover their mouths when they cough/sneeze, and don't crowd up on people when in standing in line. 

I couldn't believe that grown adults had to be told to do those things. 

It has certainly shown us how utterly nasty, and gross a lot of people are. I too thought it was a given that you washed your hands, and covered your mouth while coughing and sneezing. While we are on it. I am still confused with those who blow their nose while in a restaurant, at a table, while people are eating. I can’t help but feel that is a bodily function that is best done in a restroom. I personally don’t like to hear people shooting out snot rockets while I’m eating. 

Cheers all. 

19 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

Flashback to collecting Zeppelin 1990    Where are my tapes !?!

image.png.569ba064f2774e00b2579bd72efac26c.png

Greatest Zep fanzine ever! Picked up many boots on cassette through him. Still have ‘em. Thanks for the flashback! 

Edited by Walter

16 hours ago, Plant77 said:

It has certainly shown us how utterly nasty, and gross a lot of people are. I too thought it was a given that you washed your hands, and covered your mouth while coughing and sneezing. While we are on it. I am still confused with those who blow their nose while in a restaurant, at a table, while people are eating. I can’t help but feel that is a bodily function that is best done in a restroom. I personally don’t like to hear people shooting out snot rockets while I’m eating. 

Cheers all. 

No doubt, both manners & common sense are dead. I have never blown my nose in public, never. Most people are filthy animals!

On 1/22/2022 at 5:54 AM, Bong-Man said:

I have a hard time deciding which tv commercials I dislike more.  The ones for bentcarrot.com, or the Gronkowski ads for USAA aired during every NFL game.  Do they think our veterans have a 6th grade education? 

On 1/22/2022 at 6:53 AM, Electrophile said:

It's time for Liberty Mutual to stop advertising. All of their commercials are SO stupid and SO awful, I get a crick in my neck from cringing so hard whenever they're on. The whole LiMu Emu & Doug thing passed its sell-by date a long, long time ago.

On 1/24/2022 at 4:11 AM, Stryder1978 said:

THANK YOU!  Everyone at work loves them and think the emu idea is so cute.  I don't get it. What the hell does an emu have to do with insurance?  They are not funny, not clever....just stupid!

On 1/24/2022 at 4:24 AM, hummingbird69 said:

The Liberty Mutual commercials are a Harassment pure and simple.  

I want to KILL everyone involved in those insipid Liberty insurance commercials. Same with the Progressive Flo (is that a subliminal menstruation reference...why would an insurance company want to remind viewers of women and their periods?) ads. Flo is an idiot and so is her gauche white-trash "sister" with the baby. Does Progressive really think someone would identify with these horrible humans and want to buy insurance from them?

There is not a single commercial today that would pass Don Draper's muster. I keep saying Miller Lite should trash their current ads and just rerun all of the old John Madden ads.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

I want to KILL everyone involved in those insipid Liberty insurance commercials. Same with the Progressive Flo (is that a subliminal menstruation reference...why would an insurance company want to remind viewers of women and their periods?) ads. Flo is an idiot and so is her gauche white-trash "sister" with the baby. Does Progressive really think someone would identify with these horrible humans and want to buy insurance from them?

There is not a single commercial today that would pass Don Draper's muster. I keep saying Miller Lite should trash their current ads and just rerun all of the old John Madden ads.

Just saw a commercial for a new Chevy Truck during the Chiefs / Bengals game which was pretty good. Had a cat pretending to be a dog, was not overly long nor annoying.

I would give this three & a half Draper's on the McMann & Tate scale.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

While the commercials are totally stupid, for me it's all about the jingle. They play the ad far too often and pound the jingle into your head ad nauseum. I am quite tired of it and want it to stop. I wish I could sue them for harassment. That shit is a plague on my mind.

I have an issue with music playing over and over in my mind.  If I hear the wrong jingle or pop song or part of a theme song a small part of it around two or 3 seconds long will begin repeating in my mind over and over like a broken record, sometimes for hours and when it's bad for days. The icarley song is the absolute worst offender. Sometimes these thoughts are the last of the day and the fist thought when I open my eyes in the morning.   Right now bit's of the Scooby Doo theme have been replaying in my head on and off for the last 3 days. I recently downloaded the underscore and spent some time checking it out.  It's made up of a lot of short bits of incidental music. Now I can't get them out of my mind.  I always have to have other music ready to go but listening to other music doesn't always work. Right now, even Dazed and No Quarter aren't working.

Edited by hummingbird69

1 hour ago, hummingbird69 said:

While the commercials are totally stupid, for me it's all about the jingle. They play the ad far too often and pound the jingle into your head ad nauseum. I am quite tired of it and want it to stop. I wish I could sue them for harassment. That shit is a plague on my mind.

I have an issue with music playing over and over in my mind.  If I hear the wrong jingle or pop song or part of a theme song a small part of it around two or 3 seconds long will begin repeating in my mind over and over like a broken record, sometimes for hours and when it's bad for days. The icarley song is the absolute worst offender. Sometimes these thoughts are the last of the day and the fist thought when I open my eyes in the morning.   Right now bit's of the Scooby Doo theme have been replaying in my head on and off for the last 3 days. I recently downloaded the underscore and spent some time checking it out.  It's made up of a lot of short bits of incidental music. Now I can't get them out of my mind.  I always have to have other music ready to go but listening to other music doesn't always work. Right now, even Dazed and No Quarter aren't working.

Yikes. That sounds pretty brutal. Reminds me of the guy who would go into seizures every time he heard Mary Hart's voice on Entertainment Tonight.

Yikes. That sounds pretty brutal. Reminds me of the guy who would go into seizures every time he heard Mary Hart's voice on Entertainment Tonight.

It is, It's very exhausting. It makes it hard to concentrate. The only way around it is to constantly play music in the background even when I'm watching tv. Talking does not stop it. The music continues even during my conversations.  I have to avoid commercials when I can but it's not easy. I flip between 5 and 6 shows at a time just to not hear the jingle. Playing music all the time is also quite tiring. I've heard everything so many times that a lot of great music is now boring.  

When we stream Nights with Alice Cooper of a weekend here, it is from Friday night's show and streamed from an American radio broadcast so we get to hear American ads. We (missus and I) are constantly amazed and laughing at how insane US advertisers are. The Ads there are crazy different in the approach to "selling".

Liberty ads are annoying, always some short irrelevant story that makes us cringe/laugh followed by the jingle. Then there is that "Oh, your a Dad, be a good Dad!" ad. "Brought to you by the Ad Council" - whatever the fuck that is. It is always entertaining as we don't really get used to them. There is also an anti-bullying jingle that we still can't figure out who it's actually aimed at. The jingle is so funny we do a little dance to it now.

It's always fun listening to those kooky ads.

10 hours ago, Strider said:

:lol:  

I rarely watch commercials. I'll just pause the show long enough to build a gap to fast forward for a while, or watch it pre-recorded. 

My current target of loathing is this "Seize the Awkward" commercial that they keep running during the NFL games. It is as if the casting director said go out and get me every stereotypical bearded douchebag hipster/non-binary vegan that infests the Highland Park/Echo Park/Silver Lake/Los Feliz neighborhoods in Los Angeles. I want to throw darts at every one of their faces when they pop up on the screen in their "Ooooh, look at me, I am so edgy and hip" fashion and start making their goofy faces. Especially the bearded nose-ring dude. Awww fuck it. Darts aren't enough. Get me a flame-thrower. I can only hope these ads disappear once football season is over.

hqdefault.jpg.967a62490055188a7d4e4a49f84d4218.jpg

My current target of loathing is this "Seize the Awkward" commercial that they keep running during the NFL games. It is as if the casting director said go out and get me every stereotypical bearded douchebag hipster/non-binary vegan that infests the Highland Park/Echo Park/Silver Lake/Los Feliz neighborhoods in Los Angeles. I want to throw darts at every one of their faces when they pop up on the screen in their "Ooooh, look at me, I am so edgy and hip" fashion and start making their goofy faces. Especially the bearded nose-ring dude. Awww fuck it. Darts aren't enough. Get me a flame-thrower. I can only hope these ads disappear once football season is over.

What is the purpose of a nose-ring anyway? They look stupid and make it difficult to blow ones nose. Every time I see someone with a nose-ring I think of those bulls with the silly things. Beards I don't care about though I do get a bit jealous as I cannot grow one. I can barely grow a mustache and goatee ala a 14 year old Mexican kid. The man-bun thing is another dumb look.

3 hours ago, Strider said:

I have good news for you (and bad for me) ... they've all moved to Sacramento!! Bearded, man buns, sandals with jeans and absolutely no original thoughts or personality of their own ... dang, we are some salty sailors 😂😂