Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

People who put "TruckNutz" on their cars are dipshits. My dad and I were stuck behind one of these brainiacs on the way home from the grocery store this morning. Nothing says, "I have an IQ in the single digits" quite like a giant pair of rubber testicles hanging from your trailer hitch.

1 hour ago, Electrophile said:

People who put "TruckNutz" on their cars are dipshits. My dad and I were stuck behind one of these brainiacs on the way home from the grocery store this morning. Nothing says, "I have an IQ in the single digits" quite like a giant pair of rubber testicles hanging from your trailer hitch.

Plus, they usually have those stupid cherry bomb exhaust systems too. Not only do you get nuts, you get obnoxiously loud truck. These people usually round out the redneck truck package with a 3" lift kit, 35" BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tires, a massive American flag on one side and a massive Confederate Battle Flag on the other. Bonus points for either a Let's Go Brandon, or kid pissing on Biden sticker.

WOO HOO!!! Time to load up the kids and head on over to the Golden Corral to hook up with Skeeter & Bubba.

2 hours ago, Electrophile said:

Also - personalized license plates that are just straight up lame or don't even make sense unless you're the driver (apologies to anyone reading who has one lol). It's just ... why. And people who park backwards into spots at parking lots. Newsflash - you're not saving time. The time it takes you to do that is longer than the time it takes to just back out of the spot like a normal person. I see so much of this from all the bay area people who are in Sac now. Classic group-think behavior. They see everyone else do it, they do it too. And they all think they're being SO smart and life-hacking or something. Ga - DAMN I sound salty lol. I AM salty! 😂 😂 😂 My town used to be the last cool place in Cali, RIP Sacramento, you are now a way station for Bay Area trash and Bay Area tech fucks who get to keep the exact same salary they had in the bay but live in a place considerably cheaper and price out all the locals. 

The tech companies worked out a plan - anyone within a certain mile radius from their company can WFH without taking any kind of salary hit. And that radius exactly extends to the Sac metro area. Coincidence? Hell no! They're subsidizing this entire area and turning it into a bedroom community for Big Tech. Locals are straight-up fucked unless they already own a home.

Edited by 1975NQ

5 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Plus, they usually have those stupid cherry bomb exhaust systems too. Not only do you get nuts, you get obnoxiously loud truck. These people usually round out the redneck truck package with a 3" lift kit, 35" BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tires, a massive American flag on one side and a massive Confederate Battle Flag on the other. Bonus points for either a Let's Go Brandon, or kid pissing on Biden sticker.

WOO HOO!!! Time to load up the kids and head on over to the Golden Corral to hook up with Skeeter & Bubba.

It used to be loud motorcycle exhaust with straight pipes. (I was guilty of that). Then, the big boom bass speakers appeared that have morphed into ultra bass speakers that you can hear coming from 10 miles away. Now, the loud truck exhaust with diesel engines that make a wheezing/asthmatic sound when they let off. On top of that the little sporty shit cars with the aggravating exhaust pipes. What the fuck ever happened to noise ordinances? I fantasize of letting these idiots all have an RPG shot up their exhaust pipes. 

Seems the 1/2 time Super Bowl 'entertainment' has been taken over by BLM. 

6 hours ago, redrum said:

It used to be loud motorcycle exhaust with straight pipes. (I was guilty of that). Then, the big boom bass speakers appeared that have morphed into ultra bass speakers that you can hear coming from 10 miles away. Now, the loud truck exhaust with diesel engines that make a wheezing/asthmatic sound when they let off. On top of that the little sporty shit cars with the aggravating exhaust pipes. What the fuck ever happened to noise ordinances? I fantasize of letting these idiots all have an RPG shot up their exhaust pipes. 

Seems the 1/2 time Super Bowl 'entertainment' has been taken over by BLM. 

Right on to both counts.

Never understood the desire for a noisy vehicle, it's not like it enhances performance to any measurable degree. Just seems like some form of compensation, the whole LOOK AT ME aspect of insecurity. Me. I like a nice, quiet, ambiguous sort of ride, let me creep around un-noticed. That way if the economy goes to shit I have a viable getaway vehicle for those sweet liquor store hold-ups, post-crash. Those loud dopes would not last 5 seconds in the shit.

Yes! Now, you know I support BLM, LGBTQ++, all that happy shit, live and let live is my motto. However...just because music is inclusive and minority dominant does not necessarily make it good. Big difference between the Spinners & Kanye, between The O'Jays & Rico Nasty; Parlaiment, Prince, Tarence Trent & Zoe Wees. Let's have Alice in Chains, Siouxsie Sioux, Lenny Kravitz, & Summer Walker. Both inclusion and talent. Mix and match, there are all kinds of great musicians from all over the spectrum, old & new which should be playing these shows. Instead, we get the "couture de jur," fair to horrendous and never exiting. Blech.

2 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Right on to both counts.

Never understood the desire for a noisy vehicle, it's not like it enhances performance to any measurable degree. Just seems like some form of compensation, the whole LOOK AT ME aspect of insecurity. Me. I like a nice, quiet, ambiguous sort of ride, let me creep around un-noticed. That way if the economy goes to shit I have a viable getaway vehicle for those sweet liquor store hold-ups, post-crash. Those loud dopes would not last 5 seconds in the shit.

Yes! Now, you know I support BLM, LGBTQ++, all that happy shit, live and let live is my motto. However...just because music is inclusive and minority dominant does not necessarily make it good. Big difference between the Spinners & Kanye, between The O'Jays & Rico Nasty; Parlaiment, Prince, Tarence Trent & Zoe Wees. Let's have Alice in Chains, Siouxsie Sioux, Lenny Kravitz, & Summer Walker. Both inclusion and talent. Mix and match, there are all kinds of great musicians from all over the spectrum, old & new which should be playing these shows. Instead, we get the "couture de jur," fair to horrendous and never exiting. Blech.

Spot on about the music. So much variety out there, yet they cater only to the repetitive mob. I'm sure all the older white folks in the audience will be enthralled with Snoopy, Dr. Dreary and has been Eminem. 

4 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Loud pipes on a bike is (at least for me) purely about safety.

I have to respectfully disagree. I have ridden in the past and have a bunch of friends who ride. If you actually know how to ride and not ride like a damn fool, you can have a quiet bike and not worry. One of my biker friends is an 83-year-old woman who has been using motorcycles has her primary form of transportation since the 1950's. She has never had an accident though she rides daily, city & highway.

Now every single rider I have known who were in accidents, were riding with the loud, modified exhausts and were driving like nimrods.

I believe it's less about the noise and more about the driving of the biker. Just because you have a bike which is considerably faster and more maneuverable than a car does not give the rider the right to drive like a jackass.

That being said I have no idea regarding the riding conditions down under and how car / truck drivers drive and react so, I might be talking with my sphincter on this one 😉 

9 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I can't remember the last time a watched a Super Bowl halftime show. Over the past decade, I don't even pay much attention to the commercials, anymore. They all seem so lame now....

Maybe I regret missing the Prince performance at halftime, but I know all his greatest hits....

When they book W.A.S.P. then I might pay attention to the halftime snore....or bring back marching bands.

Edited by Strider

3 hours ago, badgeholder said:

Agree with Electrophile on the stupid Medicare advantage commercials. But just as annoying are the stupid Nugenix ads with Doug Flutie and Frank Thomas. "And she'll like it too". Give me a break already, fucking snake oil bullshit

My current favorite, simply because it is so fucking awful in regard to lack of truth is the Neuriva commercial with Mayim Bialik. This dame truly has a PhD in Neuroscience yet has no concept of the scientific method or peer-reviewed results? This snake oil she is using her PhD to Schill has not been peer-reviewed, no papers have been written on this so her "appeal to authority" so sell this crap is truly appalling.

For shame Blossom...for shame :mad:

Edited by BobDobbs

7 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

My current favorite, simply because it is so fucking awful in regard to lack of truth is the Neuriva commercial with Mayim Bialik. This dame truly has a PhD in Neuroscience yet has no concept of the scientific method or peer-reviewed results? This snake oil she is using her PhD to Schill has not been peer-reviewed, no papers have been written on this so her "appeal to authority" so sell this crap is truly appalling.

For shame Blossom...for shame :mad:

Yeah, I was scratching my head over that one too. A check is a check, I guess. You'd think between her show "Call Me Kat" and hosting Jeopardy, her bills were covered.

Don't know if anyone here uses LinkedIn, but some of these profile pics crack me up. Dude is all dressed up at a nice event with his significant other who is moderately (being kind here) attractive and wearing a very provocative dress ... this is his LinkedIn photo!!  😂😂  Just ... why lol

Never knew Whoopi Goldberg's real name was Caryn Elaine Johnson.

This is why she drives me crazy. She is one of the most privileged people in the world and she has a penchant for cancel culture.

She was recently suspended for making some of the most stupid remarks I have ever heard concerning the nature of the Holocaust and man's inhumanity to man.  I guess she was upset that there were repercussions for her words and was threatening to quit. 

I wonder if she see's the irony of being named Caryn. 

50 minutes ago, hummingbird69 said:

This is why she drives me crazy. She is one of the most privileged people in the world and she has a penchant for cancel culture.

She was recently suspended for making some of the most stupid remarks I have ever heard concerning the nature of the Holocaust and man's inhumanity to man.  I guess she was upset that there were repercussions for her words and was threatening to quit. 

let her quit? fuck just fire her fat ass, cancel her like her and the rest of the liberals on that show constantly do, just seeing a snippet on Tucker Carlson makes me want to puke, these people really that stupid?

1 hour ago, hummingbird69 said:

A whoopee cushion makes better noise than her mouth. 

CALL ME RAY.jpg

WHOOPEE CUSHION.jpg

As of 2021, Goldberg, 66, is worth an estimated $60million with an estimated salary of $8million per year, according to Celebrity Net Worth. This number comes from not only her successful acting career but also from her role as a co-host on The View.

Poor baby. 😄

What was Ted thinking....?

Why Whoopi Goldberg Wasn't Offended by Ted Danson's ...

4 hours ago, redrum said:

As of 2021, Goldberg, 66, is worth an estimated $60million with an estimated salary of $8million per year, according to Celebrity Net Worth. This number comes from not only her successful acting career but also from her role as a co-host on The View.

Poor baby. 😄

What was Ted thinking...?

Why Whoopi Goldberg Wasn't Offended by Ted Danson's ...