Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

11 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

There it is, the Whataboutism. I agree Trump would not have known about it, because if he had he would have responded. Have you figured out yet the only reason they raided Mar-a-largo looking for classified documents is because they KNEW Biden had piles of classified shit squirreled away at multiple locations. The thinking was if we play the Orange Man Bad card concerning classified material, when the public finds out about Biden's egregious transgressions it won't seem so bad. For the record, it should have been shot down BEFORE it ever entered US airspace. Now we learn they knew well enough in advance to do so yet did nothing. 

You ought to know...you're the king of whataboutism. You and Margie Taylor Green can grandstand all you want about what you think Trump would have done. But In fact, we already know what Trump would have done...nothing. Because that's what happened when it happened three times on Trump's watch. 

The balloon was shot down over the ocean so it wouldn't crash into someone's home or school. It's in our possession now and should provide useful knowledge in countering future China spy endeavors.

Yes, it would have been even better if they could have shot it down before entering the mainland. But at least it is down now  That's a win for us...except for those like you who seem to put politics over country.

As for file-gate. The adults in the room have long figured out the difference between the two cases. I'm sure the DOJ can sort it out and let the fallout fall where it may. Like I have said before, at this point I don't really care about Biden or Trump.

We need new blood.

Edited by Strider

McCarthy says he won't repeat Pelosi 'theatrics' and rip up Biden’s SOTU speech

Peter Kasperowicz
Tue, February 7, 2023 at 7:41 AM MST

•  

•  

• Nancy Pelosi
    Nancy Pelosi
    Speaker of the United States House of Representatives
  • Kevin McCarthy
    Kevin McCarthy
    American politician, 55th Speaker of the United States House of Representatives
  • Joe Biden
    Joe Biden
    President of the United States since 2021
  • Donald Trump
    Donald Trump
    45th President of the United States

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy said Tuesday he has no plans to tear up President Biden’s State of the Union speech, a stunt former Speaker Nancy Pelosi pulled at the end of Trump’s final State of the Union speech in 2020.

McCarthy will sit with Vice President Kamala Harris behind Biden during the State of the Union address tonight, and he tweeted Tuesday that "a lot of people have been asking" if he would repeat Pelosi’s move from three years ago. But McCarthy said it won’t happen.

"I don’t believe in the theatrics of tearing up speeches," McCarthy said in a video accompanying his tweet. "I respect the other side, I can disagree on policy. But I want to make sure this country is stronger, economically sound, energy independent, secure and accountable."

Such an inordinate fear of black women. But after all the hooping and hollering, it still was a white dude and white woman who won album and song of the year. Which just goes to show that the more things change the more they stay the same.

Not that it matters. The Grammys are the worst of the four major awards shows. Nobody watches. Nobody cares.

7 minutes ago, custard pie man said:

anyone know if the grammys did anything on the passing of Jeff Beck? or was it all rap crap?

I did not watch the Grammys but from what I have heard/read, they just did a tribute to some dead rapper from Migos and Loretta Lynn and I think Naomi Judd. Everyone else was just mentioned in a graphic but no tribute performance. I did a search on youtube and nothing about Jeff Beck and the 2023 Grammys came up. Shameful.

I knew the term GOAT was getting misused in today's society, but recently I saw a video on YouTube of analyst debating the greatest baseball players of all time & Shohei Ohtani actually got a mention. 

And in the same week, some crew on ESPN were debating the greatest QBs & one guy was trying to make his case for how Mahomes is already in the Top 5...

Btw, if rings are supposed to be the end all, be all of a great athlete, why does 11 never beat 6 when it comes to the NBA....

8 hours ago, Strider said:

You ought to know...you're the king of whataboutism. You and Margie Taylor Green can grandstand all you want about what you think Trump would have done. But In fact, we already know what Trump would have done...nothing. Because that's what happened when it happened three times on Trump's watch. 

The balloon was shot down over the ocean so it wouldn't crash into someone's home or school. It's in our possession now and should provide useful knowledge in countering future China spy endeavors.

Yes, it would have been even better if they could have shot it down before entering the mainland. But at least it is down now  That's a win for us...except for those like you who seem to put politics over country.

As for file-gate. The adults in the room have long figured out the difference between the two cases. I'm sure the DOJ can sort it out and let the fallout fall where it may. Like I have said before, at this point I don't really care about Biden or Trump.

We need new blood.

Agreed, but still doubtful Garland will do what needs to be done. 

16 hours ago, Strider said:

Yes, it would have been even better if they could have shot it down before entering the mainland. But at least it is down now.  That's a win for us...except for those like you who seem to put politics over country.

We need new blood.

I'm no fan of MTG and I'm record as such. It's CLAIMED it happened three times on Trump's watch. There's not a shred of evidence he knew. We do know turncoats like CJCS Milley were colluding with the Chinese on national security matters. Back to incident at hand, it could have been shot down before it crossed the territorial border of the US, but we all know this is an open border administration. You're right though, every square inch of Montana is homes and schools. (eye roll)

File-Gate? When they RAIDED HIS HOME the narrative was democracy itself was at risk. However, when it is revealed this corrupt son of a bitch has nearly 20 YEARS of classified material squirrelled away at multiple locations DOJ let's his own lawyers handle it. Wake up and smell the coffee.  

15 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I knew the term GOAT was getting misused in today's society, but recently I saw a video on YouTube of analyst debating the greatest baseball players of all time & Shohei Ohtani actually got a mention. 

And in the same week, some crew on ESPN were debating the greatest QBs & one guy was trying to make his case for how Mahomes is already in the Top 5...

Btw, if rings are supposed to be the end all, be all of a great athlete, why does 11 never beat 6 when it comes to the NBA....

its mis used by young kids who only know sports from 2000 on, you can't compare early decades of sports with todays world simply because rule changes give way to hyped up records on steroids, nfl Brady is the goat mostly because he lasted longer and was in a perfect situation in a very weak division and with a great coach won so many super bowls, I believe in his  era Brees and Peyton Manning had equally brilliant careers  and Montana and Bradshaw were better in the playoffs but when you combine everything he gets in, basketball everything is given to Jordan and now Lebron but these  broadcasters never saw Bill Russel or Wilt or how they actually changed the rules to somehow stop Chamberlin, 3 seconds, foul line, goal tend etc... and oscar averaged a triple double, amazing players, but NBA needs highlights and dunks even if  stars today  take 3-4 steps and   the only sport and I consider  nascar a sport who screwed the newer generation when compared to old nascar, hell Petty got to race several races a week verses  1 per week, someone like Jeff Gordon  very well could of challenged every single catergory all time  had they not changed the rules, gone to a playoff system, changed  the car etc.... my point is its pointless to call anyone a goat when the rules are constantly changing but its  fun to debate

11 hours ago, rm2551 said:

The Wanton Song. What a masterpiece. How is this not one of their most well known/popular pieces outside of this community? It's just so damn good, and it is easy to listen to and suitable for rock station radio play.

Yup! I always include it in playlists for parties. Goes along well with many different genres of music, plus many know who it is but don't know what it is... ;) 

12 hours ago, rm2551 said:

The Wanton Song. What a masterpiece. How is this not one of their most well known/popular pieces outside of this community? It's just so damn good, and it is easy to listen to and suitable for rock station radio play.

Heard it once at a football game.

On 2/7/2023 at 12:28 PM, paul carruthers said:

Well, to be fair the analyst didn't say Ohtani is the GOAT in all of MLB history, which is absurd, he said he is the GOAT of all the players he has seen.

Mahomes is an icon for woketards desperate to do two things, anoint a non-white player as the GOAT and to diminish the stature of Tom Brady. I don't mind Mahomes, he seems like someone in the asset column for America, but even with a second Super Bowl ring this weekend he's got a long ways to go to equal a number of great QBs, let alone Brady.

In any sport championships are a significant factor in determining who the GOAT is, but they aren't the only factor. Bill Russell does have 11, and a number of other players have more than Jordan, but let's face it a big reason why Jordan is considered the GOAT is because of cable television and the daily nationwide exposure that platform provided him.

Bill Russell 11 Championships.jpg

On 2/7/2023 at 10:09 PM, Strider said:

I did not watch the Grammys but from what I have heard/read, they just did a tribute to some dead rapper from Migos and Loretta Lynn and I think Naomi Judd. Everyone else was just mentioned in a graphic but no tribute performance. I did a search on youtube and nothing about Jeff Beck and the 2023 Grammys came up. Shameful.

Jeff was English, and a great musician. Not the kind of thing the Gammpies would appreciate. Like that Twat Harry Twirls. Born in the North west of England (like me) speaks like a La La Land resident. By the way Styles why don't you move in with Harry and Meghan and never come back?