Samo Kodela-my story

Samo-Kodela

When I was growing up, we used to live in the bottom of a lake. Every morning mum made us clean the lake, then we had to walk 40 miles in the snow, without shoes to school, and by the time we got there, school was over and we had to walk all the way home. Then when we got home, dad would take out his belt and kill us all, then dance on our graves.

40 miles in the snow without shoes? I'm sorry but I find that hard to believe. Don't mean to be unkind. No offence. Your bullshitting us huh. Good one.

Samo,

wow you really have improved. I forwarded the link to some major label A&R guys in new york and they were very impressed. They said "Ddot , where did you find this guy?" They thought the whole Slovenia thing was just a marketing ploy.

any way the guy from Atlantic was telling me that they were having problems getting Robert Plant do do another tour and that they were holding auditions for the front man spot. your just what the've been looking for. You don't even have worry about the high notes because the band is playing the songs in a lower key now. I said" oh no Samo can hit those notes so JPJ can go back to using his old bass.

I just have to finalize the arraingments. I told them that you would be flexible on the pay scale. Even though they offered Robert 200 million I said Samo would be happy with much less. But I have to paid too. I called my lawyer, I going to forward on the record contract to your myspace email contact page because this forum isn't really the place.

dont sign with anyone else, I working as fast as I can

Ddot

well i have enough concerts booked this year for now and i'm not in any way in a doubt, that i can hit the high notes, with a good sounding chest voice!!

So i don't care about the criticism, don't compare the guitar details to the original too much thought, this are not proffesionally recorded tapes,

neither are they done in a perfectionistic Page studio manner,

but all the singing is in tune!!!

Oh and ddot, that story is entairtaining, i am however mentaly healthy, so i don't believe it and i also don't need such a story to be true, i have my own life, my own band and my own songs!!!

Tell me this didn't happen. You have got to be kidding me.

There was a very long discussion/scolding thread on the old board about this. Samo has said he did throw his demos onto Jimmy's lawn. Pictures from his Zeppelin tour of the UK were there as well (Samo's, not Jimmy). He also claims he was not well emotionally then, but is much better now.

Also, Samo, if you want some advice on singing...you mentioned "that i can hit the high notes, with a good sounding chest voice!!" Um, if you knew ANYTHING about singing -- and I certainly don't claim to be an outstanding vocalist, but I was in chorus until junior high -- you do not sing from your chest or throat. A good singer sings from his/her diaphragm. This is singing basics 101.

i know this topic has no commercial potential, but i would still like to comment, that at the end of the new version of No quarter, from tstrts cd, there is no mentioning of:

JOhn Paul Jones piano!!

How the fuck will we know who played piano???? :o:D:D:D

and there is a new version of stairway on my myspace now where i hit the vocal rhytm far better over the pre recorded guitar,

the old version was very experimental.

I think this thread would see more hits in Meet & Greet. You can ask to have it moved.

Don't listen to him samo, every thread he started always get hijacked by people who point out if his thread is in the right space, or even if it is allowed.

By the way, I met President Danilo Türk. He was washing his car at the local car wash.

"Samo has said he did throw his demos onto Jimmy's lawn"

aside from the obvious reasons. it's not a good idea to let rock stars hear your demos

even if they beg for them. your material could be stolen. just ask the band iron claw

for example. they let sabbath hear theirs. due to a similarity in style, sabbath threatened to sue if the band continued . sabbath then (allegedly) copied some of iron claw's ideas. it happens all the time. i also know a poet who wrote a opera play story back in the 60s. the who (allegedly) stole it and it became "tommy". it's also bad for musicians to share their songs with hanger ons. terry knight used to hang with the rolling stones. until they found out he was releasing their singles with his band in the states before the stones did!

it's ok to share your songs on a forum though. under law it counts as publishing and you are protected by copyright laws. if someone steals your idea you can sue them.

"

it's ok to share your songs on a forum though. under law it counts as publishing and you are protected by copyright laws. if someone steals your idea you can sue them.

Cool, well heres my new song in digital form

10101110101010010111010101010101000010101011111010010101001001111010010101100100

101001001001010010110010101010101010101001101010101000101010101010100100101010010

Well when the next soulja boy comes out, I'm suing.

Archived