Bicycle Telegram in "TSRS"

DavidCooper

Can anyone answer for me who the chap on the bicycle was that delivered the telegram to Robert Plant in the film "The Song Remains the Same". I would greatly appreciate the info. What's this man doing today and how did he get the gig? Was he hired by Peter Clifton or Joe Massot?...Thank you

5 hours ago, DavidCooper said:

Can anyone answer for me who the chap on the bicycle was that delivered the telegram to Robert Plant in the film "The Song Remains the Same". I would greatly appreciate the info. What's this man doing today and how did he get the gig? Was he hired by Peter Clifton or Joe Massot?...Thank you

From memory..i think it was the son of Joe Massot.  

9 hours ago, DavidCooper said:

David, long time no see.

• 1 year later...
On 2/2/2022 at 5:27 AM, SteveAJones said:

Wow! Good to see you Steve! Lots to catch up on. I haven't been here in several years. I want to share with you my great pleasure of meeting Jimmy Page. He's very kind and warm and this was in 2014 during his book tour here in Los Angeles.. Keep in touch Steve, Good to know you're around.

Steve, thank you as always for these endearing photos. I must tell you Steve, that Jimmy Page grabbed my arm and held it with tender, but strong care. I had complete Euphoria in meeting the man that adorns some of my wall space at home. I remember you spoke of your wonderful experience of sticking your hand through the gate at Mill House and shaking Page's hand. I also want you to know that I have Horselunges Manor and Plumpton Place proudly displayed in my office at home thanks to Steve Jones.   Steve, I know you know who Terry Reid is. We'll I recognized him and had a couple of photos with him. He was there to meet Page however, no one but myself new who he was! He had to announce to one of the book attendants that he was there to see Page and could he please see him. Mr. Reid was so happy to know that I knew who he was; my girlfriend even commented at the joy in his face when I approached him.   I want to share these photos and perhaps I will. Again, I'm grateful that you're here and sharing as always, wonderful stories and information about our favorite band, the best rock and roll band in the world. So darn good to hear from you Steve! 

Steve, Thank you also for answering the question about Mill House's age. I had read that the watermill part of the property did date as you said in the 18th century I just could get an exact time period. So, you've indicated it's early 18th century, and for that I thank you Steve!

6 hours ago, DavidCooper said:

Mr. Reid was so happy to know that I knew who he was

It's remarkable that you recognized Terry after all those years.  

6 hours ago, DavidCooper said:

Steve, Thank you also for answering the question about Mill House's age. I had read that the watermill part of the property did date as you said in the 18th century I just could get an exact time period. So, you've indicated it's early 18th century, and for that I thank you Steve!

It seems any documentation that would confirm when it was built is lost to the ages. When he owned the property, even Jimmy only had copies of deeds going back to about the 1930s. Beyond that, it's really just an educated guess or considered opinion based upon the known history of Clewer Village.