Robert Plant Song of the Day

I am still obsessing over 29 Palms. Does anyone know what this song is about? Bilbo any ideas?
Without digging into the lyrics, it's always been about lost love or a being away from the one you love, for me anyway. That song has always reminded me of a relationship I was in that ended badly. it was all my fault and when I came 'round, I realized just what a special person she was, and what I had lost. Not neccesarily the lyrics, but the cassette (yes I said cassette :lol: ) was getting alot of play in my car at the time of our breakup. My Robert song of the day is "Memory Song (hello hello)" :hippy: P.S. Reading the lyrics to 29 I get more of an "unrequited" love vibe....did I spell that right ?

Without digging into the lyrics, it's always been about lost love or a being away from the one you love, for me anyway. That song has always reminded me of a relationship I was in that ended badly. it was all my fault and when I came 'round, I realized just what a special person she was, and what I had lost. Not neccesarily the lyrics, but the cassette (yes I said cassette :lol: ) was getting alot of play in my car at the time of our breakup. My Robert song of the day is "Memory Song (hello hello)" :hippy: P.S. Reading the lyrics to 29 I get more of an "unrequited" love vibe....did I spell that right ?

I guess I'm asking because I could have sworn that somewhere I heard or read that it was a political song and I just don't see it as one. And yeah, I can see the vibe you're talking about.

I guess I'm asking because I could have sworn that somewhere I heard or read that it was a political song and I just don't see it as one. And yeah, I can see the vibe you're talking about.
That's the beauty of music, everyone has a different inerpretation, the song ends up being about what it means to us personally. Now, looking at it from a political point of view, 29 Palms is a Marine Base in Southern California. Perhaps it is about a young soldier away from his sweet heart, or over seas dreaming about the States...maybe penned with the Viet Nam era in mind....all speculation on my part.

Skip's Song

If you'd seen the naked dream

I had of you

Would you care

And would you now come through

Take me far away

My wiles and mind can't beat a dream of death today

Hard to get by

When what greets my eye takes my breath away

In my dream you are around the stars

I watched your walls all fall away

You were bare of thoughts, we were to part