old man with sticks

feather in the wind

Are we talking about the 4th album?

I don't think the old man with the sticks is meant to be anyone in particular. As Page has described it, the man was at one with the land, taking from it, and giving back to it, in a correct cycle of life. Then they tore down his little cottage to make way for some awful tenement buildings.

The man at the top of the mountain is the Hermit from the tarot.

it IS to represent crowley. the building on the IV album IS thelema house. i saw a video showing thelema house, a white stucco house as on the zeppelin IV album, there was a pile of 'sticks' in the short clipa s well, the same stricks as shown on the old man's back.

On the cover of the fourth album, it looked like the house was being wrecked (hence, the wall's edge showing the outside). I believe the cover shot is a Midlands city in England (Bonzo and Percy's neck of the woods), not London. So, your video had to be shot before the house was destroyed, I'm assuming, some time in 1971.

On the cover of the fourth album, it looked like the house was being wrecked (hence, the wall's edge showing the outside). I believe the cover shot is a Midlands city in England (Bonzo and Percy's neck of the woods), not London. So, your video had to be shot before the house was destroyed, I'm assuming, some time in 1971.

Paraphrasing, Jimmy said the theme had to do with man living in harmony etc. as someone else posted above already. Then in modern times man is pushed into the slums.

The highrise buildings on the back cover were actually located on the outskirts of the

town of Dudley, not too far from Robert Plant's home in the Midlands. They were torn down within the past five years or so.

I believe the man depicted in the painting on the front cover is a famous English occult figure, the name of whom escapes me at the moment, but it isn't Crowley. That whole

"he found it in a junk shop in Reading" story sounds ridiculous. I actually think Jimmy Page produced it as well as the inner album artwork attributed to 'Barrington Colby'. No other example of "Colby's" work has ever been found.

Paraphrasing, Jimmy said the theme had to do with man living in harmony etc. as someone else posted above already. Then in modern times man is pushed into the slums.

The highrise buildings on the back cover were actually located on the outskirts of the

town of Dudley, not too farm from Robert Plant's home in the Midlands. They were torn down within the past five years or so.

I believe the man depicted in the painting on the front cover is a famous English occult figure, the name of whom escapes me at the moment, but it isn't Crowley. That whole

"he found it in a junk shop in Reading" story sounds ridiculous. I actually think Jimmy Page produced it as well as the inner album artwork attributed to 'Barrington Colby'. No other example of "Colby's" work has ever been found.

Is the occultist you're thinking of George Pickingill ?

this is interesting: (the card is called 'Ten of Wands')

credit given here -> "WolfChild" from this site:

http://www.free-tarot-reading.net/forum/in...?showtopic=2248

This card is also about knowing your own limits. These limits vary from person to person. Some people thrive on multiple responsibilities. Others wilt under very few.

As the saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. The 10 of Wands can alert us to the potential for problems even as we celebrate our success or at least before we get bogged down so much that we can no longer enjoy that success.

Nirvana, I believe I understand what you meant in the PM. If so, it is this:

Linear Vs. Holistic Processing

The left side of the brain processes information in a linear manner. It processes from part to whole. It takes pieces, lines them up, and arranges them in a logical order; then it draws conclusions. The right brain however, processes from whole to parts, holistically. It starts with the answer. It sees the big picture first, not the details. If you are right-brained, you may have difficulty following a lecture unless you are given the big picture first.

aleister crowley was a master mason (self proclaimed), jimmy was interested in this 'religion' 'faith' call it what u will.

i have also heard (from an educated reliable source) that STH was 'lifted' from a mason ritual. 'stairs' 'steps' = degrees in the masonic faith. (as well as SPIRIT's song "Taurus")

some of the 'inspirations' are VERY deep. not JUST what we 'see' or 'hear'.

'the song remains the same'

i have also heard (from an educated reliable source) that STH was 'lifted' from a mason ritual. 'stairs' 'steps' = degrees in the masonic faith.

Yes, that is said by sources, although Jimmy has never publicly confirmed it. I believe

there are seven levels ("steps"..."stairs") and the song is similarly constructed. By the

way Rob, your making excellent posts to the site.

Yes, that is said by sources, although Jimmy has never publicly confirmed it. I believe

there are seven levels ("steps"..."stairs") and the song is similarly constructed. By the

way Rob, your making excellent posts to the site.

thanks!

i find the band VERY interesting. the three MAJOR 'steps' are faith, hope and charity.

now if u wanan get further into it, crowley took over the O.T.O. and modified it to HIS liking. that's where it went 'wrong'.

Archived