old man with sticks

feather in the wind

6 hours ago, Kevin Chamberlain said:

Notice a large stick among the birch the old man is carrying?  To me, this is a broomstick, (The Craft) overburdening society.  Which it absolutely is!  Doubt me?  Have you reached your potential?  No, nor I!  Freemasonry/Lucifer/The Craft/Witchcraft are holding us back and seriously overburdening us all.

1 hour ago, Gregor said:

Oh, I see that you finally specify your gender.  Until now I did not know with whom I speak. So you live here, that is, with the result that it does not there?

Kevin, meet Gregor.  Gregor has a keen interest in Led Zeppelin, Dinosaurs, hidden messages in album covers (and songs, and probably many other things) and inappropriate juxtapostion.  Did you know, for instance, that the song 'Tangerine' is actually a coded message about little boy and fat man and their fated rendezvous with a couple of places in the far east (whose names elude me at the moment ;) ).  Well, I'm sure Gregor could 'illuminate' you about his theory (badoom-tish).

Gregor, meet Kevin.  Kevin thinks the illuminati are ruling the world and he also has an interest in coded album covers.  I'm sure he's got some great ideas that you guys could discuss over a nice goblet of  goats blood?

Perhaps you could get together and give Dan Brown some plot tips for his latest book?
This could be a match made in heaven... or perhaps more appositely the eighth circle of hell.

• 1 year later...
On 4/21/2017 at 8:43 AM, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

I think there is something more to "Four Sticks" being the fourth album and sticks on the cover. Rather than Bonzo playing with 4 sticks.

The original title was not Four Sticks and originally was conception between Page & Plant on their travel to India in search of ethnic musical influence beyond blues.  There are several versions of this song according to Chris Welch's book.

• 7 months later...
On 1/13/2008 at 10:07 PM, Mountain Hopper said:

You are correct, I've read in an interview that Plant bought it at a garage sale or something.

I wonder if he still has it? Man it would be cool to see what he bought and compare it to whats on the album.

Archived