Rotterdam / June 21, 1980 (New Photos - 2 photographers)

sam_webmaster

These photo's remind of what could have been...Thanks, both of you.

I still feel so stupid, not going to the concert... I made plans for a holiday in Spain, 4 or 5 months before. The trip was quite expensive, so not going to Spain was no option. Besides the money spent I was assuming I would get another chance in the near future. How wrong could I be...!

Edited by Moby_Dick_Ale

This is one of the best shows of the 80' tour. The only mediocre parts are SIBLY (not a bad version, just somewhat off if that makes sense), and Plant's vocal delivery on what is otherwise a stellar version of STH. Stairway has a fantastic solo by Page and the whole song just has a good flow in general.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, jsj said:

Why did Planty wear the same clothes at every gig on this tour? 

Like he did on the 1973 US tour if I remember it correctly. I guess with the exception of Bonzo`s  Birthday Party at the Forum he sticked to the boring blue Denim Jeans, bare chest and that boring blue blouse for little girls.

Great photos, but (listening the bootleg recordings) Rotterdam was in my opinion a less than average gig on that tour, before an audience that was half asleep (I remember a readers letter to Melody Maker from a british fan who confirmed this and complained about the apathetic dutchmen)