2022 NFL Thread

Walter

On 3/14/2022 at 10:02 PM, SteveAJones said:

Yes, the GOAT has decided to stay far too long. He should have gone out on top as a SB Champ. Instead, he'll go out with a SB loss and a Conference Championship loss. Brady's a 7 time SB Champ -- it seems he just wants to play for the sake of playing now.

SB loss? The guy won the Super Bowl last year. Like I said before, Brady hate says more about the "hater" than Brady.

On 3/19/2022 at 12:27 PM, paul carruthers said:

^^ Well, it's not the first time someone was able to beat charges in the NFL & get by based on their talent. Rapists, wife-beaters and dopeheads have been around forever, nothing newsworthy in that regard...

Obviously Cleveland thinks he's worth the trouble if they gave up that much to sign him....

This is Cleveland we’re talking about here…

On 3/19/2022 at 1:01 PM, Electrophile said:

Calvin Ridley got suspended for a whole season for betting on NFL games, which is appropriate. However, time and time again we've seen players who've done monumentally worse get barely a slap on the wrist, and it's offensive.

Agreed. 

12 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Mattie Ice hasn't been much of a QB since that epic fail in the Super Bowl. The AFC South keeps getting worse, which may make some people here in Jacksonville optimistic that maybe the Jags have a shot--maybe being the key word....

Indy just won the South.  Count on it. Ryan is good.  He came in here sand gave us a fight. Unlike Billy boys band of has beens called the Patriots.  This division is ours. Indy will take the South.  The other two will be wars.  I wonder if Baker will land in Seattle as some including Colin Cowherd believe?  I think the Saints have either Winston or him.  Likely they chose Winston.  So maybe Atlanta considers him?  But he is not a southern boy I do not believe.  I still think Baker is good enough to  help some teams.  I think Indy did themselves well getting Ryan for maybe two years.  They will be tough. Denver, KC, Chargers and Raiders will be tough.  The Chargers still have the worst defense in the division and KC might be 2nd.  The North is going to be a fight with the exception of Pittsburgh.  Mitch will help but they they will not beat the Browns, Bengals.  Maybe they are on par with the Ravens but Lamar is better than Mitch.

37 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Dolphins sign Tyreek Hill, but being somewhat of a pessimist when it comes to my team, I have to ask will Tua be able to throw it downfield to Hill whenever he's open.

At the very least, I still see Buffalo and New England ruling the East....  :unsure:

Naw, they'll just throw 15 screens a game to Hill.

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Dolphins offense is STACKED! 3 rbs, a solid TE and two Ferrari's. Miami will be fun to watch, that's for sure!

So what you are saying is if Miami sucks, Paul can definitely blame Tua?

Edited by Strider

State, Erie County, Bills reach agreement on $1.4B stadium

Buffalo 🦬 Bills will stay in Buffalo at least 30 more years.  Agreement reached on stadium.  $600 million, to remain in Orchard Park.  About half an hour SE of downtown Buffalo and little over an hour from Rochester 

Detroit gets the 2024 Draft, and we'll be the featured team on HBO's "Hard Knocks".  That might actually be fun to watch with Dan Campbell's personality and open positions galore.   With 3 picks in the top 34, don't you idiots dare draft a quarterback or trade up for anything.  They aren't going anywhere next year regardless.  Defense, receiver, and defense, and then more defense!  I'm convinced it's their ticket to winning the NFL's Snorris division. 

State, Erie County, Bills reach agreement on $1.4B stadium

Buffalo 🦬 Bills will stay in Buffalo at least 30 more years.  Agreement reached on stadium.  $600 million, to remain in Orchard Park.  About half an hour SE of downtown Buffalo and little over an hour from Rochester 

I'm happy for the city of Buffalo.  I'm always amazed when I travel to that area and every car has a Bills sticker of some sort.  

9 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Detroit gets the 2024 Draft, and we'll be the featured team on HBO's "Hard Knocks".  That might actually be fun to watch with Dan Campbell's personality and open positions galore.   With 3 picks in the top 34, don't you idiots dare draft a quarterback or trade up for anything.  They aren't going anywhere next year regardless.  Defense, receiver, and defense, and then more defense!  I'm convinced it's their ticket to winning the NFL's Snorris division. 

Isn't being on "Hard Knocks" a harbinger of doom? Sort of the 2000s equivalent of being on the cover of Sports Illustrated?

The OT rule was the right call. Its not like they have not meddled with hit before.  And yes, Josh Allen played maybe the best game a QB could play in a clutch moment. He deserved to win that game. 

The Bills are favored to win the Super Bowl. Not sure if I like being the favorite but it is what it is. I put a bunch of futures in on FanDuel.  

$2 to win $54.  Bills vs Rams in Super Bowl  (picking the conference winner)

$3 to in $97      Division winners.  Bills, Washington, Minnesota

$3 to win $35    Bills, Indy, Denver

$3 to win $46    Bills, Saints, Rams   (yes, Saints to beat out Tampa)

$2 to win $112    Minnesota, Philadelphia and Denver

$2 to win $31     Bills, Philly and Rams

Bowles, who a friend and myself call the "Grinch" because that is what he looks like with that stupid smile, smiling when his team is taking a 40 point pounding.  Sucked with the Jets.  Sure, better weapons and Tom Terrific.  I still do not believe.  Put me in for the  Saints to take that division. They own Tampa.  And their defense is top 3 in the NFL>

@Strider

Just get on board pal and cheer for the Rams and Dodgers.  You will sleep better. My two second fav teams.The Kings are doing good too.  The Lakers?  Not so much. 

11 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

So, Tom Brady was officially retired for all of a week. The NFL & those rings must be a hell of a drug....  😅

Or his wife/kids are a serious pain in the ass…

On 4/3/2022 at 9:19 PM, Walter said:

How many times does Rick need to say the Rams are his second favorite team??? It’s like the morning news…

As many times as I have to hear about those pathetic Cowboys of yours.  Have fun with them this year. Gee, look who is favored to win the AFC and the Super Bowl?  

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

As many times as I have to hear about those pathetic Cowboys of yours.  Have fun with them this year. Gee, look who is favored to win the AFC and the Super Bowl?  

The only team from the AFC East who hasn't won a Super Bowl? After 56 years of never getting one, a blind squirrel has to find that nut someday....