2022 NFL Thread

Walter

Looking forward to seeing how things play out tonight.  It's a strange draft at the top.  Very unusual to not have any skilled players worth moving up for. I'm not sold on Hutchinson or Thibodeaux.  As far as the Lions at #2, I don't really think Thibodeaux wants to play here.  We don't need offensive line help, which is a bit of a shame, because Neal & Ekwonu seem worthy of the pick.  I think the Lions have a good shot at trading the 32nd pick if someone wants to take a chance on a late 1st round QB to lock in that extra contract year.  I Could also see the bumble heads packaging the 32nd & 34th pick to move up, if there's someone on the defensive side of the ball they're sold on.  Lol, we need some serious help.

I'm curious how the Giants use their two early picks.  Lots of choices and needs there.       

• 2 weeks later...

NFL schedule is out and the opener is Bills at Rams!!!!  Bills have at least 5 prime time appearances and maybe more.  I fear no opponent more than the Rams on opening day.  Lots of interesting games on the schedule.  Russell Wilson will meet his old team right away.  In Seattle.  Strider's Raiders play the Chargers to start season.  Raiders schedule ruled one of toughest.  Dallas supposedly is easy?  Seriously? I really do not see them being much better than any lower teams.  Eagles get a not so tough schedule either.  I think the Redskins will be heard from.  So the Bills play the Lions on Thanksgiving, and play Xmas Eve in Chicago.  

6 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

NFL schedule is out and the opener is Bills at Rams!!!!  Bills have at least 5 prime time appearances and maybe more.  I fear no opponent more than the Rams on opening day.  Lots of interesting games on the schedule.  Russell Wilson will meet his old team right away.  In Seattle.  Strider's Raiders play the Chargers to start season.  Raiders schedule ruled one of toughest.  Dallas supposedly is easy?  Seriously? I really do not see them being much better than any lower teams.  Eagles get a not so tough schedule either.  I think the Redskins will be heard from.  So the Bills play the Lions on Thanksgiving, and play Xmas Eve in Chicago.  

Rick, the Cowboys schedule is deemed easy by dint of the fact that they play in the NFC East. Any NFC Least team has an easy schedule just by having to play all of the other crappy teams in their division.

On 5/13/2022 at 8:29 PM, Strider said:

Rick, the Cowboys schedule is deemed easy by dint of the fact that they play in the NFC East. Any NFC Least team has an easy schedule just by having to play all of the other crappy teams in their division.

Im picking either Washington or Philly to win the NFC East.   If I must be held to one, give me the Redskins.  Minnesota can win the central.  Green Bay all of a sudden getting a ton of respect again after all of the so called experts said, "who is Rogers going to throw to?".  Is that not still an issue?  Who do they have?  Likely some good rookies.  But not the likes of the guy your Raiders just grabbed.  Your AFC West of course has now jumped over the NFC West for toughest division.  All 4 teams have a shot at the division.  Ill take Denver please.  Book it.  Denver, Raiders, SD, KC is my order of finish.  KC losing Hill is a huge deal. The title game vs Cincy showed they put it all on the field vs the Bills after sucking out that win.  They are not as good as some believe.  The defensive secondary is mess.  Carr, Herbert and Russell  will carve them up.  The Central is a real tough call. Ill take Cleveland if Watson can play 11 games.  That means if they suspend him 6.  But who is the other guy?  Mayfield is never putting the uniform on again and I expect him to be picked up by someone eventually.  Atlanta should take him.  Seattle should have taken him.  And Miami could do far worse.  The Jets could take him.  Maybe Arizona with the problems they have with their starter?  I wonder if Watson's court problems will be solved by the start of the season?  That is a major concern because he will not settle.  Wants to fight.  It could get ugly.  If the NFL suspends him, then I pull my Cleveland pick and take Cincy.  I cant believe they threw my team to the wolves game 1.  Then an opening night Monday Night football game in Buffalo.  At least its early.  So the weather will be good. I have to check the late games again and see how many brutal games there are. Miami must come in late . I think December?  We spend Xmas in Chicago. Thanksgiving in Detroit. I am happy that the Bills are on Turkey day.  I think the last time we played the Lions there on Thanksgiving Kelly was the QB and we lost.  

• 3 months later...

The Angels season got dismal in a hurry so I quickly lost interest in baseball this year. 

Therefore, I am really looking forward to football coming back. Can't wait for the season to start. Can Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes keep ascending to elite status? Is Russell Wilson done or will the move to Denver recharge his batteries? Is Dak Prescott really someone who can lead the Cowboys or just a Cowturd? Is this the year Brady finally loses to Father Time? What excuse will Packers fans/Aaron Rodgers apologists have this year when they fail to make the Super Bowl? Whose fan base has suffered the most: The Jets, the Lions, or the Browns?

I still cannot believe the Rams won a Super Bowl. And Rick, stop trying to get me to jump on the Rams or the Chargers bandwagon. I am never going to be a fan of the Rams or Chargers. Never ever never ever never ever ever. Ever. Did I mention never?

Edited by Strider

19 hours ago, Strider said:

The Angels season got dismal in a hurry so I quickly lost interest in baseball this year. 

Therefore, I am really looking forward to football coming back. Can't wait for the season to start. Can Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes keep ascending to elite status? Is Russell Wilson done or will the move to Denver recharge his batteries? Is Dak Prescott really someone who can lead the Cowboys or just a Cowturd? Is this the year Brady finally loses to Father Time? What excuse will Packers fans/Aaron Rodgers apologists have this year when they fail to make the Super Bowl? Whose fan base has suffered the most: The Jets, the Lions, or the Browns?

I still cannot believe the Rams won a Super Bowl. And Rick, stop trying to get me to jump on the Rams or the Chargers bandwagon. I am never going to be a fan of the Rams or Chargers. Never ever never ever never ever ever. Ever. Did I mention never?

So what I'm hearing is you are bringing back the NFL Picks Pool? :lol: 🤷‍♂️

52 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I'm not in "football mode" yet, but some of the Week 1 matchups look promising, except for that primetime game Sunday Night (sorry Walter)....

No worries...nothing looks very promising this season in Dallas, IMO. 

On 8/29/2022 at 9:21 AM, Walter said:

So what I'm hearing is you are bringing back the NFL Picks Pool? :lol: 🤷‍♂️

Is that what you heard?

Hmmmm....well, after mulling it over this past weekend, I think you are right. Yes, I will do the NFL picks again.

7 hours ago, Strider said:

Is that what you heard?

Hmmmm....well, after mulling it over this past weekend, I think you are right. Yes, I will do the NFL picks again.

Much missed and much needed!
Looking forward to the usual and unusual that occurs every season.

Strider, much thanks!

Very soon, Wide Right, Music City bullshit, and 13 seconds will all be behind us.  This team if healthy is the best team in the NFL.  Its not close.  Destroyed the champion Rams ( who are my 2nd favorite team and I love Matt Stafford and McVay), and the home opener vs Tenn should be a mad house at the stadium in Orchard Park.  Not sure what they are calling it this year.  LOL. They change the name every damn year.  Its always going to be Rich Stadium to me. Summerfest back in the 70s with big acts like Elton John, Rolling Stones, The Who, and on and on. Just not LZ because of tragedy.  The Bills had some entertaining teams but never had as balanced a team as they have now.  Did you see Staff get bull rushed up the middle?  This is what is in store for you NE, and Miami and KC.  Bring it on bitch's.  The games that I fear the most are Minnesota and Cleveland.  Trap game for sure is the Vikings game. I expect them to give Green Bay hell with the loss of Rogers big boy to the Raiders.  The AFC West is up for grabs.  Any of the 4 teams could win it.  Ill say this, Dallas is way over rated and I cant believe the spread in the Tampa game.  I expect Brady to beat them.  But he is going to decline as the season goes on.  Age waits for nobody.  And he is already locked into that contract on FOX.  I do not see him being the analyst that Collingswoth or Aikman are though.  I just will add another team to fear is INDY.  With their very good QB in Ryan.  Atlanta lost a good QB.  And New Orleans is another sleeper. They could go to the super bowl because their defense is lights out. They play Tampa week two. . A nightmare matchup for Tom Brady.   A couple of 38-3 ass whippings in the rear view mirror.  Not sure who the QB is?  Winston maybe?  The NFC Least is a joke as usual.  I will take the Redskins. Maybe , just maybe this is the year the Lions play some good football?  The Bills go there on Thanksgiving day so you get to eat your Turkey watching Josh Allen kick some ass. Ill take Josh Allen over anyone.

I’ll be talking lots of trash !!!  😂 

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Damn. What did I miss?

I tivo'd the game last night because I had evening plans and planned on watching it when I got home.

It was 10-10 at the half when I nodded off. I woke up to see the final score was 31-10 Buffalo. Did the Rams just collapse in the second half? 

Edited by Strider

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Damn. What did I miss?

I tivo'd the game last night because I had evening plans and planned on watching it when I got home.

It was 10-10 at the half when I nodded off. I woke up to see the final score was 31-10 Buffalo. Did the Rams just collapse in the second half? 

They couldn't get anything going. Their run game was non-existent, they couldn't pass protect and they dropped a number of passes. Buffalo turned it over 4 times and still won by 3 TD's...

All right. Let's see how many I can get right.

AFC:

Buffalo Bills - Josh Allen

Miami Dolphins - Tua something ( I can never remember his last name)

New England Patriots - I was about to say Deshaun Watson but that can't be right. I don't know.

New York Jets - Ummm...nope, don't know.

Baltimore Ravens - Lamar Jackson

Cincinnati Bengals - Joe Burrow

Cleveland Browns - Baker Mayfield...no wait...Deshaun Jackson.

Pittsburgh Steelers - Ben Roethlisberger

Houston Texans - Well, it's not Deshaun Watson. Hmmm...Baker Mayfield?

Indianapolis Colts - Carson Wentz, I think?

Jacksonville Jaguars - The guy with the long hair from Clemson...Trevor Lawrence?

Tennessee Titans - Sorry...I'm drawing a blank.

Denver Broncos - Russell Wilson

Kansas City Chiefs - Patrick Mahomes

Las Vegas Raiders - Derek Carr

San Diego Chargers - Justin Herbert

NFC:

Dallas Cowboys - Dak Prescott

New York Giants - Not a clue.

Philadelphia Eagles - Jalen Hurts

Washington Redskins/Taters/WTFs - Nope. Once again, not a clue.

Chicago Bears - Mitchell Trubisky?

Detroit Lions - Jared Goff

Green Bay Packers - Aaron Rodgers

Minnesota Vikings - Kirk Cousins

Atlanta Falcons - Matt Ryan

Carolina Panthers - Sam Darnold?

New Orleans Saints - Andy Dalton?

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Tom 'The Goat' Brady

Arizona Cardinals - Tyler Murray

Los Angeles Rams - Matt Stafford

San Francisco 49ers - Jimmy Garoppolo

Seattle Seahawks - Geno Smith

3 hours ago, Strider said:

All right. Let's see how many I can get right.

AFC:

Buffalo Bills - Josh Allen - yup

Miami Dolphins - Tua something ( I can never remember his last name) - yup

New England Patriots - I was about to say Deshaun Watson but that can't be right. I don't know. - Mac Jones

New York Jets - Ummm...nope, don't know. Joe Flacco, I shit you not

Baltimore Ravens - Lamar Jackson - yup

Cincinnati Bengals - Joe Burrow - yup

Cleveland Browns - Baker Mayfield...no wait...Deshaun Jackson - once he leaves his towel on…until then Jacoby Brissett 

Pittsburgh Steelers - Ben Roethlisberger - nope, Mitch Trubisky

Houston Texans - Well, it's not Deshaun Watson. Hmmm...Baker Mayfield? - nope, Davis Mills

Indianapolis Colts - Carson Wentz, I think? - nope, Matt Ryan 

Jacksonville Jaguars - The guy with the long hair from Clemson...Trevor Lawrence? - yup

Tennessee Titans - Sorry...I'm drawing a blank. - Ryan Tannehill 

Denver Broncos - Russell Wilson - yup

Kansas City Chiefs - Patrick Mahomes - yup

Las Vegas Raiders - Derek Carr - yup

San Diego Chargers - Justin Herbert - yup

NFC:

Dallas Cowboys - Dak Prescott - yup

New York Giants - Not a clue. - Danny Dimes

Philadelphia Eagles - Jalen Hurts - yup

Washington Redskins/Taters/WTFs - Nope. Once again, not a clue. - Carson Wentz

Chicago Bears - Mitchell Trubisky? - nope, Justin Fields

Detroit Lions - Jared Goff - yup

Green Bay Packers - Aaron Rodgers - yup

Minnesota Vikings - Kirk Cousins - yup

Atlanta Falcons - Matt Ryan - nope, Marcus Mariotta 

Carolina Panthers - Sam Darnold? - nope, Baker Mayfield 

New Orleans Saints - Andy Dalton? - nope, Jameis Winston 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Tom 'The Goat' Brady - yup

Arizona Cardinals - Tyler Murray - nope, Kyler Murray ;) 

Los Angeles Rams - Matt Stafford - yup

San Francisco 49ers - Jimmy Garoppolo - nope, Trey Lance

Seattle Seahawks - Geno Smith