Seattle 1977 - New Photos

sam_webmaster

On 3/30/2022 at 9:20 AM, sam_webmaster said:

I recently uploaded a few new photos from Seattle 1977 courtesy of Roland Morgan. Here's a new batch of great pics, including fans pre-show in the parking lot...
https://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/july-17-1977

seattle77--ledzeppelin-com (38).jpg

seattle77--ledzeppelin-com (39).jpg

seattle77--ledzeppelin-com (43).jpg

These are amazing. Props to these fans for spelling Led Zeppelin correctly. There always seemed to be a high percentage of fan-made signs spelled incorrectly.

The buzz. The anticipation. The energy and patience needed for waiting and waiting. I would not have it any other way. The rituals of going to concerts in the 1970s is far better than what it is today.

Edited by Strider

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Strider said:

These are amazing. Props to these fans for spelling Led Zeppelin correctly. There always seemed to be a high percentage of fan-made signs spelled incorrectly.

Like this one, fans hitchhiking to the show...

77718-seattle-2.jpg

On 4/1/2022 at 5:58 PM, Strider said:

The buzz. The anticipation. The energy and patience needed for waiting and waiting. I would not have it any other way. The rituals of going to concerts in the 1970s is far better than what it is today.

Yea , freezing all nite , standin out there-a blanket over ya heads often soaked ,sharing umbrellas , shivering , did it in the early 80’s . First time possibly was for the FIRM i believe.  was crazey , cause suddenly everyone stood up , eventually couple doors popped open.Found myself & a buddy RUNNING AS fast as we could in race inside a  mall?  To stand in another line with 50 peope ALREADY in line 😳!

best I could get was nosebleed seats !

I remember total of 7 of us at the concert & think it was the first Zep song in the set The OCEAN , i  barely 16? looked around during the LA LA  LALALA part  & noticed several older guys & girls were huggin & cryin.... hearing  i think our 1st LIVE performance of a Zep tune since or EVER   since Bonzo’s & Zeppelins death/demise! the lighters were out ,my eyes 👀 welled up too my buddy caught my eye & he looked away ,most everyone was hugging , older hippi guy infront of me turned around crying  & hugged me too!

We were amongst several others who UNDERSTOOD the gravity of the moment ! Thank you Jimmy Page waaay down there  on stage for comming to town & moving us so deeply......😢! Zep ment a lot everyone !  

A moment in time......😔