Tour or Residentcey? Which would be better?

If Zep were to tour, do you all think it would better if:

A)They did a year of one nighters

or

B) If they play in one city at at time for an extended period.

Think about it. They could do 2 weeks in London, New York, LA or Paris. People from surrounding areas would have a better chance of getting a tickets if there were 12 shows rather than just one, and the band wouldn't have to live with the rigors of travel. They could play around with the set list, staging, lighting, whatever. Plus, they could leave a gap of time between cities. Maybe they do LA in June, Paris in December. This way, Robert could still tend to his other projects, Jason could still work with Foreigner, etc.

I think they would play better in that scenario rather than seeing them struggle through a long tour.

Just a thought . . .

tc

I think Led Zepplin it seems to me have always been about globetrotting and seeing all the different cities, people and landscapes, it kinda made them the true world wide phenom that they are today.

I would be suprised if they did the residency thing I think they would opt for a True World Tour but at a much more relaxed pace with alot more time off between gigs and such.

But first lets just pray they gives us anything at all :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RjK

I would say, seeing as Page has talked about having less stamina than in the days of his youth, they would be more likely to do residencies as you've called them. This minimises the travelling they would have to do, thus reducing fatigue. And I think it would be better for fans. Maybe rather than a long tour with many different cities, missing out some places (Aus/NZ) because of travel distance etc, they could go to each continent and pick out major cities to do several shows.....?

A tour would be great but I'm quite keen on the idea of a residency.

As stated before in this thread they could change the set list from night to night, add an acoustic set etc

But the question is where they would do this?

I think it's clear that MSG in NY would be an obvious choice to house our boys for few nights but where else would they play?

Staples Centre in LA for the west coast?

Would they return to the o2 for a few dates? Earls Court? (Being a Londoner I hope so!!) I could also see them playing a couple of dates at Wembley Stadium.

As stated before in this thread they could change the set list from night to night, add an acoustic set etc

I think it's clear that MSG in NY would be an obvious choice to house our boys for few nights but where else would they play?

Staples Centre in LA for the west coast?

Would they return to the o2 for a few dates? Earls Court? (Being a Londoner I hope so!!) I could also see them playing a couple of dates at Wembley Stadium.

In LA, the Staples Center would be hard to get for two or three weeks straight because of the Lakers, Clippers and Kings use it from Oct. to June. Maybe they could do all of July.

The Forum has become a Church, but is sometimes used for gigs. The Red Hot Chili Peppers still play there. I could imagine Zep there for an extended stay.

Plus Staples has bad, bad acoustics.

As far as what cities, they should do the best arena in a major city in each region of the country. In the US, you could work it so that anyone could get to the gig with an 8hr drive or a short flight. NY for the north east: Atlanta for the South: Los Angeles for the West Coast: Chicago for the mid west: Dallas for the Mid- Southern-west.

Would you be willing to fly from Seattle or Portland to LA if you could see Zeppelin!! Sounds like a excuse for a road trip to me!!

TC in LBC

I just know if they did do a residency, that I'd have to book a hotel room or flat for those nights/weeks that they would play in a city.

I wouldn't be satisfied with just one night. I'd want 'em all. Or at least a handful of nights.

((I'm greedy that way))

And I think a lot of other people would be right along with me.

I have **GOT** to start saving some money. This may be an expensive year.

Maid

Archived