War in Ukraine

ScarletMacaw

On 6/20/2022 at 5:26 PM, ScarletMacaw said:

Where's Patton when you need him? 

4 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

He'd never make it in today's politically correct military

You got that right! 

“The difficulty in understanding the Russian is that we do not take cognizance of the fact that he is not a European, but an Asiatic, and therefore thinks deviously. We can no more understand a Russian than a Chinaman or a Japanese, and from what I have seen of them, I have no particular desire to understand them, except to ascertain how much lead or iron it takes to kill them. In addition to his other Asiatic characteristics, the Russian has no regard for human life and is an all out son of bitch, barbarian, and chronic drunk.”

Statement by Patton on 8 August 1945, as quoted in “General Patton: A Soldier’s Life” (2002) by Stanley P. Hirshson, p. 650

Edited by SteveAJones

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

You got that right! 

“The difficulty in understanding the Russian is that we do not take cognizance of the fact that he is not a European, but an Asiatic, and therefore thinks deviously. We can no more understand a Russian than a Chinaman or a Japanese, and from what I have seen of them, I have no particular desire to understand them, except to ascertain how much lead or iron it takes to kill them. In addition to his other Asiatic characteristics, the Russian has no regard for human life and is an all out son of bitch, barbarian, and chronic drunk.”

Statement by Patton on 8 August 1945, as quoted in “General Patton: A Soldier’s Life” (2002) by Stanley P. Hirshson, p. 650

The thing is, yeah, Patton's right:  The Russians are generally not sympathetic, sad to say, that's how it is.  But ultimately, Stalin's Soviet Union is not Putin's Russia, not by a long stretch.  The fact is, they're basically right to be concerned about what goes on in Ukraine, just like the Chinese (similarly unsympathetic) are right be concerned about what goes on in Taiwan.  Neither situation affects what happens in America (or Western Europe, for that matter), so why are we so agitated?  We have other problems to deal with.

53 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

The thing is, yeah, Patton's right:  The Russians are generally not sympathetic, sad to say, that's how it is.  But ultimately, Stalin's Soviet Union is not Putin's Russia, not by a long stretch.  The fact is, they're basically right to be concerned about what goes on in Ukraine, just like the Chinese (similarly unsympathetic) are right be concerned about what goes on in Taiwan.  Neither situation affects what happens in America (or Western Europe, for that matter), so why are we so agitated?  We have other problems to deal with.

Supporting and defending Taiwan is in the US national interest because Taiwan provides 20% of the global semiconductor industry. Ukraine is little more than a globalist slush fund in my opinion.

As usual (at least in the modern era) the US is running a war, and doing just enough to keep it going....while the country itself is devastated. It's a shame. We either should be in and fully do it, or not get involved. Of course, also as usual, it's about money that goes to our Politicians and the defense contractors etc. So why would we/they want it to end quickly?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

Didn't someone warn Europe about this and they laughed and mocked him?

Markets Plan Doomsday Scenarios If Russia Stops Gas Supply to Europe - Bloomberg

I do not see the word "sanctions" mentioned in this article even once.  It's beyond misleading for the American media to act like Putin woke up one morning and said, "hey, I think I'll fuck with Europe".  If Europe should be warned about anything, it's about being a tool of US foreign policy.  Basically, the US is running their WW2 playbook, where they'll enter a major European war after everyone else is exhausted.  But that's on Europe for falling into the trap.

• 2 weeks later...

This was obvious from the outset:

Ukraine: military endangering civilians by locating forces in residential areas - new research | Amnesty International UK

It's pretty clear they're getting ready to pull the plug on the whole Ukraine thing, and pivoting to Taiwan, maybe with some monkeypox thrown in the mix.

1 hour ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Clearly, the war in Ukraine is going so well that the US has now set its sights on China.  Here is a truly inspiring speech in support of our democratic values in the rules-based order.

All politics aside, she's a completely corrupt, senile drunkard. 

7 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

All politics aside, she's a completely corrupt, senile drunkard. 

That's right.  Remember how at the end of the Soviet Union, they kept bringing out all these old, decrepit dudes to run the government?  That's the US right now.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Has this shit gone on long enough now??? 

Yes, but the Deep State still has a lot of money to launder there, so they'll fight on to the last Ukrainian.  Here's where it's heading:

TheMap.jpg

Biden-confused-2.jpg

Edited by JohnOsbourne