Joe Bonamassa

irg82

• 4 months later...
(and you're right- the man never rests- I don't think the word "vacation" exixts for him LOL)

He did take some time off recently to spend time at home in LA. And what does he do? He goes off the the local nightclub

The Baked Potato, or as some affectionately call it, The Spud, to play in Rock Candy Funk Party. Just a small place for the guys to jam. I didn't go, but I sure wanted to.

Another of Joe and Beth during his vacation.

his hometown is about 35 minute's from my house, i remember him about 12 year's old playing local show's with syracuse area band's around syracuse and utica, i saw a show on tv not too long ago in concert, he played with clapton, and steve winwood and other's in london, what a great show... the guy is awesome l, he was big sensation around here in the 90's, here was this little kid tearin up the stage with veteran area band's,stupid me, never thought to get his autograph or photo's with him, had many chance's too! hey, who knew ?ha!

his hometown is about 35 minute's from my house, i remember him about 12 year's old playing local show's with syracuse area band's around syracuse and utica, i saw a show on tv not too long ago in concert, he played with clapton, and steve winwood and other's in london, what a great show... the guy is awesome l, he was big sensation around here in the 90's, here was this little kid tearin up the stage with veteran area band's,stupid me, never thought to get his autograph or photo's with him, had many chance's too! hey, who knew ?ha!

12 Year Old Joe tearing it up

• 1 month later...

Hey, I like white bluesmen as much as the next (white) guy: Page, Peter Green, the guy from the Black Keys, Billy Gibbons, Jeff Beck, etc.; I was just saying (or trying to say) that Joe Bonamassa didn't quite make my personal cut. And I wasn't trying to offend, xmas -- my comment was meant to be more humorous than hurtful.

Also, I completely agree: blues is about emotion. To be more clear about my feelings on JB's music: it sounds way too polished -- like the emotion was scrubbed away. And that reminds me of later Clapton. All technical excellence, no grit.

I actually feel the same way and would have to strongly agree with you on this - on both players (Bonamassa and Clapton) While out of the two, I feel Clapton is much more "soulful" than Bonamassa, I don't really care for either. Blues guitar (if that's what you wanna call J.B ) is about emotion. It's also a little too polished to be the blues. He's doesn't strike me as a blusey player in general, from the music I've heard (even though I'm sure he can be). He's a great guitar player-no doubt impressive to watch , but I get no emotion from his solo's besides a note hear or there. That's just me.

Edited by Rock Historian

I saw him last night at Cobb Energy and it was an amazing show. There are already a few clips someone posted on you tube. The man can play a guitar..and sing:-) I would go see him again in a minute. It was my first time to see him live and I was more than impressed!!! Thought about ledzepfvr a lot as I know she is a huge fan as well:-)

Glad you had a good time Deborah. I knew you would be impressed.

@RockHistorian.....I think that even Joe would agree that a lot of his early stuff lacks some the the soulful emotion that blues needs to convey, but as he has matured and experienced the trials and tribulations of living, the playing has become much more emotional. Seeing him live he does give a polished show, which I like. I think that comes from being a perfectionist and wanting to give the fans the best performance he can. If he did not display that quality, one could possibly complain that he was sloppy. But he is always entertaining. As with any musician and their music, it is a matter of opinion of what tickles and lights up the area in your brain that gives you listening pleasure.

Edited by ledzepfvr

Glad you had a good time Deborah. I knew you would be impressed.

@RockHistorian.....I think that even Joe would agree that a lot of his early stuff lacks some the the soulful emotion that blues needs to convey, but as he has matured and experienced the trials and tribulations of living, the playing has become much more emotional. Seeing him live he does give a polished show, which I like. I think that comes from being a perfectionist and wanting to give the fans the best performance he can. If he did not display that quality, one could possibly complain that he was sloppy. But he is always entertaining. As with any musician and their music, it is a matter of opinion of what tickles and lights up the area in your brain that gives you listening pleasure.

Yes, as the answer remains the same- it is indeed always a matter of taste. I just don't regard him as a blues player. He's more of a Joe Satriani style player than a Buddy Guy.

• 1 month later...

NIce trailer. I will be watching. It will probably be an abreviated show like the RAH show. It was an hour that was being shown on the TV shows but the DVD was alot longer.

You can preorder the DVD at his web site, it anyone is interested.

http://jbstore.jbonamassa.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=4&pg=1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...