Joe Bonamassa

irg82

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ledzepfvr!

Thanks for posting- hubby & me just watched the videos & are definitely looking forward to the album!

We noticed that the bass player & drummer are not the same guys that we saw playing w/ Joe last year & thought it interesting that Kevin Shirley said he wanted to use different musicians to challenge Joe. I wonder if they will be backing him on tour later this year as well? (with the exception of Brad Whitford of course)

The drummer is Anton Fig, the usual studio drummer for Joe. His touring drummer Boogie left the band last year and now Tal tours as his drummer. As far as I know Carmine, the bass player, and Rick, the keyboardist, are still the touring band. But Joe does like to change it up on tours with guests and with the new album coming out the chances are good that he will have guest players.

Edited by ledzepfvr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

While I was familiar with him, I wasn't too interested until I happened upon Live at the Beacon which public TV was running. What really caught my attention wasn't really a blues tune- it's called "Mountain Time" with a really cool intro and outro. His bass player (since 2005 I guess), Carmine Rojas, has a hell of a resume as well.

Anywho, check out Mountain Time- the guy can sing and play!

• 3 months later...

I am thinking of getting tickets to see him on November 1st at the Brady Theater. I wanna go into it without hearing anything and be blown away. Is he up there with the likes of Clapton and Page? I really love electric blues.

I really don't think you will be disappointed at all. Most reviews I have read from those that have seen him for the first time express that "blown away" feeling. I know I was.

Joe has spent his life studying the styles of Clapton, Page, Hendrix, Trower et all, and has honed his craft to be one of the best, IMHO.

• 2 years later...