4 May 71 Odense, Denmark show to be released

Zep Hed

On 5/28/2022 at 10:07 AM, Ian Smith said:

Who still buys bootlegs? Honestly asking. You know that 5 minutes after anything is released it is up on all our fave bootleg websites. My days of spending $150 for shitty sounding box sets are long over. 

All my 2 cents. If you do still buy them I would love to know why? A collector's thing? I have respect for whatever y'all do as long as you are not hurting anyone. 

Except liking Greta Van Douchebags. That I will not tolerate! 😳  Hey I am not a saint 😇

Some people feel that buying the physical copy helps to fund the search for future releases. 

2 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

No, I'm sorry, I haven't read or heard anything about improvements for the other dates. On the other hand all the shows will be mastered by "Enigma" (whoever he'll be?) and he's doing a great job on Tarantura releases ever since "Bath of the Blues".

I agree, Enigma has done a great job on Bath and especially the Bloomington show, which is where I grew up in Minnesota! This release and Denmark has fired me up for a new show in great quality and finally the 23rd Whole Lotta Love medley alone should be groundbreaking. 

It’s just a bit of a shame. All that money on a big box set like this, which undoubtedly looks great….when, in all probability, we will see EV release the full 929 soundboard within a couple of years (they released the ‘Please Please Me’ teaser). Won’t that mean that this box set becomes outdated pretty soon? 

I’m not knocking those that buy this, but it’s frigging expensive, and may not be the full and final polished article. I guess if future upgrades come out, I’d feel massively jibbed. That’s why I’m not tempted.

I just feel the piecemeal release of what we have of 929 (e.g single release of ‘Friends’) was a massive exploitation of customers, when there is certainly more to come. 

Oh, and I have bought boots. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 4:07 PM, Ian Smith said:

Who still buys bootlegs? Honestly asking. You know that 5 minutes after anything is released it is up on all our fave bootleg websites. My days of spending $150 for shitty sounding box sets are long over. 

All my 2 cents. If you do still buy them I would love to know why? A collector's thing? I have respect for whatever y'all do as long as you are not hurting anyone. 

Except liking Greta Van Douchebags. That I will not tolerate! 😳  Hey I am not a saint 😇

I do. Collecting is something more than just listening to your fav band or music. It is like trying to get close to what you love. Apart from that, it has its practical aspect - such releases can be cashed in and with a fairly large percentage. Not to mention the often beautiful, unique graphics.

I completely don't care if someone is uploading it to some torrent or not. The publishing aspect is what counts for me. The same is said by many people who download official CDs for free. But is this what it's all really about? ...

On 6/12/2022 at 10:10 AM, Freak said:

I do. Collecting is something more than just listening to your fav band or music. It is like trying to get close to what you love. Apart from that, it has its practical aspect - such releases can be cashed in and with a fairly large percentage. Not to mention the often beautiful, unique graphics.

I completely don't care if someone is uploading it to some torrent or not. The publishing aspect is what counts for me. The same is said by many people who download official CDs for free. But is this what it's all really about? ...

Downloading bootlegs is NOTHING like downloading official releases. I respect whatever you do, like I already said but your anger, for whatever reason is coming through. 

You do what you do and I will do what I do. Like I said my days of spending $150 for crap are done. Zeppelin in all it's form has gotten more of my money than my kids have. 

Me it's about the music and the performance, never the packaging. If Physical was in a white envelope it would still be just as good. 

All that said good luck to you. I respect whatever gets ya through the day. 

On 6/14/2022 at 3:28 PM, Ian Smith said:

Downloading bootlegs is NOTHING like downloading official releases. I respect whatever you do, like I already said but your anger, for whatever reason is coming through. 

You do what you do and I will do what I do. Like I said my days of spending $150 for crap are done. Zeppelin in all it's form has gotten more of my money than my kids have. 

Me it's about the music and the performance, never the packaging. If Physical was in a white envelope it would still be just as good. 

All that said good luck to you. I respect whatever gets ya through the day. 

Downloading any music without paying is a violation of copyright laws, of course if we're speaking about legitimate releases.

I am not angry, it's funny to see how all these people are cryin' saying they're not interested in such crap and instead of buying, they're downoading it. So, at the end, it's just like "I cannot afford it so I am gonna call this crap but instead of buying it, I'll download it and praise it all over the place". What a sort of ambivalence.

The music was (and probably still is) connected to the artwortk, I cannot imagine listening to all these great bands and albums without watching covers. Can you imagine listening to, let's say, the first album of the King Crimson without exploring that amazing cover artwork, without reading lyrics? Me not, and I am probably not alone doing this. With bootlegs things are a bit different but generaly it's all about the same - it's the labour of love and kind of a mysticism applied together. I am not saying that spending $150 for a single cd set is obligatory but this is how it works really. There are many collectors ready to spend a small fortune on such crap :). You should be very grateful if some of them are enough generous to make a free upload, spending their hard worked money just to buy an expensive product and sharing it just for free.

Edited by Freak

Some interesting and spicey discussion took over the Royal Orleans forums, looks like there are some really big tensions between the collectors, of which most interesting is the last paragraph saying Odense 71, alternate source for Helsinki 70 as well as the full late show for Honolulu 70 are in circulation among the closest group of hoarders. If this is true (yet has to be confirmed though), we can expect some truly unique releases soon!

I did not intend to come back to the topic but felt provoked so I will add a few lines on this topic.

When in 2006 I joined the "hotel" (I deleted my profile because I thought that I had enough music for a while, I wanted to devote myself to family life), I met many people there with passion, among them some very important collectors with whom I quickly made friends which resulted in a wide exchange of various types of sources. This state of affairs lasted more or less until about 2010, when a lot of people representing the "I deserve" approach came to the forum. To this day, I remember the endless disputes and quarrels over how someone has the nerve not to publish a tape when it is in circulation. Already then, the warning light came on for me, because at least it was clear to me (and so it is so far) that when one person wants something, he should offer something to the other. I could not stand the constant whining and naive explaining that if the recording is allegedly owned by the band (in this case it is absolute nonsense, because such recordings are in no way legalized, so they are in a way devoid of any copyrights), why people those who have them are not obliged to share them with other users for free.

Somehow I swallowed this bitter pill, believing that there is still a group of people who adhere to the old and proven principles, which read "for what you receive, offer something in return." Unfortunately, it turned out from year to year that this practice, developed for many years by many people, who often invested their time and money in acquiring a given material), the recordings, which for many years belonged to the strict circle of collectors (fortunately, many of them still belong and do not seem to be to change it more), are now made public and thus lose their value.

Do you think someone who has really rare recordings will be willing to give them away in exchange for something that anyone can smoke? The answer to this question seems very obvious and it is NO.

In summary, if you really want to play in the first league, instead of complaining that someone pointed out a mistake or negatively commented on your uploads, you better change your approach, because your practice makes at least two people I know personally (and who are in the possession of previously unpublished materials), currently they do not want their sources to see the light of day (except for the so-called secret copies circulating among faithful collectors).

Finally, let me wish you good luck, because if, in your anger, you start mentioning the names and nicknames of people in public who perhaps do not want it, you are just an ordinary kid who does not deserve more attention.

BTW Odense 71 is already in circulation, as is the alternative source from Helsinki 1970, not to mention the full recording of the late Honolulu gig from 1970. If you had a bit more tact, I might be inclined to negotiate at least one of the above-mentioned sources and make it public for a wider audience after the exchange. Because of your selfish and childish behavior, I am now not even inclined to even think of such a thing.

Good luck my friend!

Edited by Freak

2 hours ago, Strider said:

I love how a thread about 1971 Denmark turned into 1971 Japan.

Yeah, as Autumn Moon kinda started the Japan thread I hopped on the train and as there wasn't coming much more new info from Odense I continued with Japan '71 info.

Very tantalizing information about shows above from "Freak's" post, although I am a little confused on the back-story, my apologies for not fully understanding the dialogue. What do you mean by "hotel" and "first-league"--owners of this rare unleaded shows? Are you saying these shows would have been released/shared already but that due to others expecting them for free? I don't want to stir the pot or anything like that just curious what this is stemming from . . . Thanks for the clarification.

5 hours ago, Freak said:

Some interesting and spicey discussion took over the Royal Orleans forums, looks like there are some really big tensions between the collectors, of which most interesting is the last paragraph saying Odense 71, alternate source for Helsinki 70 as well as the full late show for Honolulu 70 are in circulation among the closest group of hoarders. If this is true (yet has to be confirmed though), we can expect some truly unique releases soon!

I did not intend to come back to the topic but felt provoked so I will add a few lines on this topic.

When in 2006 I joined the "hotel" (I deleted my profile because I thought that I had enough music for a while, I wanted to devote myself to family life), I met many people there with passion, among them some very important collectors with whom I quickly made friends which resulted in a wide exchange of various types of sources. This state of affairs lasted more or less until about 2010, when a lot of people representing the "I deserve" approach came to the forum. To this day, I remember the endless disputes and quarrels over how someone has the nerve not to publish a tape when it is in circulation. Already then, the warning light came on for me, because at least it was clear to me (and so it is so far) that when one person wants something, he should offer something to the other. I could not stand the constant whining and naive explaining that if the recording is allegedly owned by the band (in this case it is absolute nonsense, because such recordings are in no way legalized, so they are in a way devoid of any copyrights), why people those who have them are not obliged to share them with other users for free.

Somehow I swallowed this bitter pill, believing that there is still a group of people who adhere to the old and proven principles, which read "for what you receive, offer something in return." Unfortunately, it turned out from year to year that this practice, developed for many years by many people, who often invested their time and money in acquiring a given material), the recordings, which for many years belonged to the strict circle of collectors (fortunately, many of them still belong and do not seem to be to change it more), are now made public and thus lose their value.

Do you think someone who has really rare recordings will be willing to give them away in exchange for something that anyone can smoke? The answer to this question seems very obvious and it is NO.

In summary, if you really want to play in the first league, instead of complaining that someone pointed out a mistake or negatively commented on your uploads, you better change your approach, because your practice makes at least two people I know personally (and who are in the possession of previously unpublished materials), currently they do not want their sources to see the light of day (except for the so-called secret copies circulating among faithful collectors).

Finally, let me wish you good luck, because if, in your anger, you start mentioning the names and nicknames of people in public who perhaps do not want it, you are just an ordinary kid who does not deserve more attention.

BTW Odense 71 is already in circulation, as is the alternative source from Helsinki 1970, not to mention the full recording of the late Honolulu gig from 1970. If you had a bit more tact, I might be inclined to negotiate at least one of the above-mentioned sources and make it public for a wider audience after the exchange. Because of your selfish and childish behavior, I am now not even inclined to even think of such a thing.

Good luck my friend!

Dude… Zepster, AA, Pawel, mystic.shiva, per_jonson, Arthur MacGregor, now “Freak”… you’re really collecting pseudonyms like Infinity Stones at this point. You’re way too easy to spot. Maybe you expected me to take your bait, but I think it’s important for the community to know what a clown you truly are. 

When will Sam and Your Overlord bite the bullet and just IP ban your ass from these forums already? Haven’t we heard enough of your bootleg shilling and rants about people downloading legal gray area recordings for free? 

39 minutes ago, Tainted cheese said:

Very tantalizing information about shows above from "Freak's" post, although I am a little confused on the back-story, my apologies for not fully understanding the dialogue. What do you mean by "hotel" and "first-league"--owners of this rare unleaded shows? Are you saying these shows would have been released/shared already but that due to others expecting them for free? I don't want to stir the pot or anything like that just curious what this is stemming from . . . Thanks for the clarification.

I do not know, just got that info from someone, who's a member of the hotel (aka Royal Orleans.com).

I am probably as much curious as all of you. Hope it won't be just another "Baton Rouge 77" crap.

Edited by Freak

22 minutes ago, ledzepfilm said:

Dude… Zepster, AA, Pawel, mystic.shiva, per_jonson, Arthur MacGregor, now “Freak”… you’re really collecting pseudonyms like Infinity Stones at this point. You’re way too easy to spot. Maybe you expected me to take your bait, but I think it’s important for the community to know what a clown you truly are. 

When will Sam and Your Overlord bite the bullet and just IP ban your ass from these forums already? Haven’t we heard enough of your bootleg shilling and rants about people downloading legal gray area recordings for free? 

Zepster may well be a clown but truth is you are no better than these hoarders/collectors mate. All those rares on your silly private server and still no bitches🤣

On 6/18/2022 at 11:58 PM, Freak said:

Downloading any music without paying is a violation of copyright laws, of course if we're speaking about legitimate releases.

I am not angry, it's funny to see how all these people are cryin' saying they're not interested in such crap and instead of buying, they're downoading it. So, at the end, it's just like "I cannot afford it so I am gonna call this crap but instead of buying it, I'll download it and praise it all over the place". What a sort of ambivalence.

The music was (and probably still is) connected to the artwortk, I cannot imagine listening to all these great bands and albums without watching covers. Can you imagine listening to, let's say, the first album of the King Crimson without exploring that amazing cover artwork, without reading lyrics? Me not, and I am probably not alone doing this. With bootlegs things are a bit different but generaly it's all about the same - it's the labour of love and kind of a mysticism applied together. I am not saying that spending $150 for a single cd set is obligatory but this is how it works really. There are many collectors ready to spend a small fortune on such crap :). You should be very grateful if some of them are enough generous to make a free upload, spending their hard worked money just to buy an expensive product and sharing it just for free.

I started collecting in the early 1990’s, and did so you until about 2001. I was shocked and saddened a bit when I realized all the money I had spent on collecting shows and limited releases were suddenly available online for all. I had spent a lot of time driving all over the Bay Area, southern Ca and even going to hole in the wall shops while out of state and buying shows that I did not have in my collection. All in all, I probably spent somewhere in the 10K range on shows alone. That’s not including the magazines, posters, shirts, books, etc. around 2004 I realized that the shows I bought were still important, they were important to my life. It was and is a passion, but for all of the people out there that have found and made shows available to us for free, and helped to insure the importance of the band, the continuation of the band through many generations that is equally as important. And I am stoked that they have made them available for free. It’s somewhat perplexing that someone who was not of age to record the band, can somehow get said recordings, and then want to force people to buy said shows. I also believe that we should be paying for some shows, and that as collectors we need to to help the continuation of shows to be released. I have to say having read your reply’s, and statements over the years is beyond cringe worthy. Who are you to personally profit off of the band. If you are not old enough to have been at any of the shows, let alone 69-72 and you are somehow profiting and holding onto shows for personal gain or out of grievances, then you my friend have some issues to work through. You are not the gate keeper of their music. And you should not get to decide on the distribution of their shows and profit off it. Or certainly not brag about trying too. 

I have followed your many different names throughout the years on a couple of forums, and you really say some stuff that is simply stupid. Be well Zepster. 

13 hours ago, Geno Washing Line said:

Zepster may well be a clown but truth is you are no better than these hoarders/collectors mate. All those rares on your silly private server and still no bitches🤣

Still no bitches? That’s the bitchless thing I’ve ever read. We all know to write something like that, you absolutely have no “ bitches” in your life. What a dick. What a little troll that is insignificant. 

4 hours ago, Plant77 said:

I started collecting in the early 1990’s, and did so you until about 2001. I was shocked and saddened a bit when I realized all the money I had spent on collecting shows and limited releases were suddenly available online for all. I had spent a lot of time driving all over the Bay Area, southern Ca and even going to hole in the wall shops while out of state and buying shows that I did not have in my collection. All in all, I probably spent somewhere in the 10K range on shows alone. That’s not including the magazines, posters, shirts, books, etc. around 2004 I realized that the shows I bought were still important, they were important to my life. It was and is a passion, but for all of the people out there that have found and made shows available to us for free, and helped to insure the importance of the band, the continuation of the band through many generations that is equally as important. And I am stoked that they have made them available for free. It’s somewhat perplexing that someone who was not of age to record the band, can somehow get said recordings, and then want to force people to buy said shows. I also believe that we should be paying for some shows, and that as collectors we need to to help the continuation of shows to be released. I have to say having read your reply’s, and statements over the years is beyond cringe worthy. Who are you to personally profit off of the band. If you are not old enough to have been at any of the shows, let alone 69-72 and you are somehow profiting and holding onto shows for personal gain or out of grievances, then you my friend have some issues to work through. You are not the gate keeper of their music. And you should not get to decide on the distribution of their shows and profit off it. Or certainly not brag about trying too. 

I have followed your many different names throughout the years on a couple of forums, and you really say some stuff that is simply stupid. Be well Zepster. 

You should ask him, I just posted of what was told from other person, you moron.