Jimmy Page and his Future

I was wondering what other people think about the Future of Jimmy Page and the other Band Members.Jimmy has been insisting that he's involved with "many projects" at the present time, but there's been no specific mention about what they actually are. As a huge fan of the BEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND EVER, it's very frustrating to continue to guess at what he's doing. 

The current  generation has no clue what they've missed in not having the opportunity to hear and see new music from our Heroes!

I have heard that had Chris Cornell not passed away, he would have been an integral part of one project.

Let me know what you think!

All the Best as Always!

Michael Marshall 

Dayton, Ohio USA 🇺🇸 FB_IMG_1652470811207.jpg

Edited by mmlotus2020@gmail.com
I left out the text of the topic.

Led Zeppelin ceased to exist in 1980. All the members have put out music since then, some good, some meh. Given his age and the fact that they all can't agree on what to release from "Led Zeppelin", I don't hold my breath for new music from Jimmy. He's 78 and I am happy with what I have, both officially released and unofficially released. Let the man enjoy his health in his twilight years. He's doing a lot better than that feeble minded idiot in charge of this country, at least he can finish a sentence. C'mon man. Maybe he's setting stuff up for James, or one of his other kids, to release after he passes, who knows? As a long time fan, I can recall many many times Jimmy saying he's working on stuff, and there is much more he could be doing. Until there's an announcement, I will assume he's busy with his Scarlet's.

P.S. The younger generation has it so much easier when it comes to discovering something new from the band. Every year was a little different, and bootlegs are so easily attained now compared to 20 years ago.

Pretty sure we can just wish Jimmy well for the rest of his life on this planet. I stopped believing his "promises of things to come" a long time ago. There is enough killer bootlegs out there to last me a lifetime. I wish he would do the Springsteen thing and release live shows every few months but that is not going to happen. For me the 02 was the very end and I thank him for doing that. And hey, they played For Your Life so I can die a happy man 😍

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately Jimmy is renowned for hinting at stuff he’s never actually going to put out there, so I’m not expecting anything. No problem he’s done more than enough for me. I’m hoping  that he’s been working on a full autobiography to be released posthumously, he will definitely have kept a very detailed diary throughout his life plus he has a phenomenal memory. Let’s hope it’s a long time before we get to read it .

Edited by Paganini

• 3 months later...

I could be wrong but I feel like Jimmy has kind of kept quiet over the last year or so, not sure if it has to do with the pandemic or the controversy surrounding his home, but that seems to be the timeframe that Jimmy has gone more inward than what we saw in the past.  I don’t think he owes us anything. Like many of you, I am always hoping to hear more LZ music that is perhaps unreleased, whether it is live or studio.  Hopefully Jimmy is enjoying his time. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2022 at 9:32 AM, DallasTexan said:

I could be wrong but I feel like Jimmy has kind of kept quiet over the last year or so, not sure if it has to do with the pandemic or the controversy surrounding his home, but that seems to be the timeframe that Jimmy has gone more inward than what we saw in the past.  I don’t think he owes us anything. Like many of you, I am always hoping to hear more LZ music that is perhaps unreleased, whether it is live or studio.  Hopefully Jimmy is enjoying his time. 

His public visibility over the past 20 years runs in cycles. When he's got something Led Zeppelin related to promote, he gets out there otherwise he goes home and pulls up the drawbridge so to speak. There will almost certainly be a 30th Anniversary edition release of Coverdale/Page in Spring 2023, so you'll see him out there soon. The release doesn't intrigue me much, but it will be interesting to see how the promotional duties are handled between the two, if in fact both are going to fulfill promotional duties. David's downsized his life quite a bit in recent years and as you said, it's all quiet on the Page front so it would be great to see them out there promoting music they are so proud to have made together.

• 3 months later...
On 5/18/2022 at 3:22 AM, shnflacwav said:

Led Zeppelin ceased to exist in 1980. All the members have put out music since then, some good, some meh. Given his age and the fact that they all can't agree on what to release from "Led Zeppelin", I don't hold my breath for new music from Jimmy. He's 78 and I am happy with what I have, both officially released and unofficially released. Let the man enjoy his health in his twilight years. He's doing a lot better than that feeble minded idiot in charge of this country, at least he can finish a sentence. C'mon man. Maybe he's setting stuff up for James, or one of his other kids, to release after he passes, who knows? As a long time fan, I can recall many many times Jimmy saying he's working on stuff, and there is much more he could be doing. Until there's an announcement, I will assume he's busy with his Scarlet's.

P.S. The younger generation has it so much easier when it comes to discovering something new from the band. Every year was a little different, and bootlegs are so easily attained now compared to 20 years ago.

Try 40 years ago, now that was hard.