Guitar at Rock Hall in Cleveland, OH

Nikki007

7 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Which was the reason Zeppelin's sound went from great to terrible

I wouldn't agree this contributed to a decline in their sound in any way.  It worked amazingly well on the songs it was written for (NFBM, Achilles etc).

2 hours ago, zeplz71 said:

I wouldn't agree this contributed to a decline in their sound in any way.  It worked amazingly well on the songs it was written for (NFBM, Achilles etc).

So 2 songs that were played live when Jones started using this instrument?  What about the rest of the sets?

On 5/22/2022 at 2:39 PM, Nikki007 said:

Went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame yesterday, spotted this guitar on display..what kind is it?

Resized_20220521_154542.jpeg

That's awesome. I expect they'll soon replace this with Eminem's hoodie and mic.

12 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Which was the reason Zeppelin's sound went from great to terrible

When did this happen?

From what ive gathered this bass sounded great in person. Seems it doesn't translate as well through the recordings. It's never affected my listening experience in a serious way.

42 minutes ago, Badgeholder Still said:

From what ive gathered this bass sounded great in person. Seems it doesn't translate as well through the recordings.

This. Any live recordings we have of Jonsey using the Alembic capture only a fraction of what the audience would have heard, and felt, in the arena. John Entwistle also used Alembics in concert. There's zero chance the bass players from two of the heaviest live acts of the 1970's would have used them if they didn't kick serious ass.

Info on Entwistle's Alembics, including an interview where he discusses why he started using them: https://www.thewho.net/whotabs/gear/bass/bass7585.html

• 6 months later...