1972 North American Tour - 50th Anniversary

ZepHead315

On this day 50 years ago, Zeppelin were about to kick off their 1972 North American tour at the Cobo Arena in Detroit. Like many of you, this is one of my all time favorite tours of theirs. Arguably the last time that all four members of the band were at or near their peak at the same time. For those who were old enough to attend a show or just remember that time in general, what are your memories of the tour? And what are everyone's favorite shows/moments from the tour?

A great tour. Silently slaying America while the media bus all followed the Rolling Stones circus. I was on pins and needles with excitement the day I found out I was going to see them in L.A. and Long Beach. The anticipation was almost too much.

3 hours ago, Strider said:

A great tour. Silently slaying America while the media bus all followed the Rolling Stones circus. I was on pins and needles with excitement the day I found out I was going to see them in L.A. and Long Beach. The anticipation was almost too much.

I'm curious Strider...I know you posted your memories of the shows you saw in 73 and 77, but did you ever post your memories of the 72 shows? I can't imagine getting to see Zeppelin for the first time and having the concert be 6/25/72. That's one hell of a high bar to set!

1 hour ago, ZepHead315 said:

I'm curious Strider...I know you posted your memories of the shows you saw in 73 and 77, but did you ever post your memories of the 72 shows? I can't imagine getting to see Zeppelin for the first time and having the concert be 6/25/72. That's one hell of a high bar to set!

I'll be writing my 50th anniversary extravaganza this June 25 and posting it here.