Jimmy Page's Plumpton Place (1974)

SteveAJones

I have been told he may possibly be at Tower House, not Plumpton. As I have never seen the grounds, I don't know for certain.

The layout of the paving stones as well as the landscaping are an exact match to those in front of Plumpton Place as illustrated in several of the photographs within this thread.

George Harrison was lucky enough to purchase Friar Park. He and Olivia spent the last years of his life restoring the gardens. So don't feel sorry for him.

George will never be forgotten.

Oh! That's great info, thanks for sharing Alice!! :)

Thank you. Jimmy with a rod and reel? Now there's a mental image. I don't think so. I

have a photo of Jimmy's Plumpton Place caretaker (Pat?) taken around the same time

(1974). He would know for sure but his whereabouts are unknown at this time. It was

30 years ago, after all. I myself don't recall seeing any fish in either the Plumpton Place or the Horselunges Manor moat.

What about the stories of Led Zeppelin considering themselves top fisherman whenever they stayed at the Edgewater Inn in Seattle? I know Bonzo fancied himself a top fisherman and was very proud of his fishing exploits as was Jimmy (from what I have read).

What about the stories of Led Zeppelin considering themselves top fisherman whenever they stayed at the Edgewater Inn in Seattle? I know Bonzo fancied himself a top fisherman and was very proud of his fishing exploits as was Jimmy (from what I have read).

Yes, I too have read of Jimmy's fishing expeditions but he was no where near any body of water, just the bodies of young women and he didn't use a fishing pole, just Richard Cole. wink.gif

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine too

Does it, bluecongo? I didn't know about it, well in fact I know a few about majick... I'll get informed. Maybe it's a mix of things

Well, I'm sticking to the tranquility thing, as should all the others. That majick thing is just overlooking the fact that he probably likes water and the sea... i don't know, but the house looks really nice!

• 5 months later...

This is about five minutes away from where I live, it's a great house if you ever get chance to drive past.

It wouldn't surprise me if Vera Lynn did try to get Jimmy Page evicted, she's not the most popular figure in Ditchling at all.

Archived