Occult Symbol?

Well, I looked for occult symbols, secret symbols, Thelema script, Crowley symbols, and tarot symbols. I didn't find a match. I then went to Microsoft Word and looks throught the symbols you can insert under fonts Segoe UI Symbol, Symbol, Webdings, and Wingdings. Still nothing. Then I looked at the alphabet in different fonts, and look what I found in Bookshelf Symbol 7 font when typing in ee. 😁 Sorry, got distracted after that. Better ask Robert Langdon.

Font.jpg

On 6/13/2022 at 10:42 AM, orgone said:

Does anyone know what the red symbols of Immy Page's shirt represent?

Is it just the shirt's icon or is it some sort of occult symbol?

gettyimages-107570939-612x612.jpg

That photo seems to be 1999-2000. On the '98 tour he wore a shirt two dragons. I always figured he may have gotten both shirts at the same time from the same place. Never saw any occult connection to either shirt, but the front cover of the ZoCrowes album has occult connotations.

1998 11 02  001B.jpg

As I am into gnosticism, I keep thinking, I've seen it somewhere.

It looks like some sort of insect...cricket... insect symbolism?

For some reason, it also reminds me of something out of the Matrix movies.

I've always known Jimmy Page had occult interest, but did not know until recently to the extent that he's involved.

As someone who grew up worshiping Jimmy Page and Zeppelin, I had heard of the Led Zeppelin curse and considered it nothing more than rumors, but now I see his interest goes far beyond mere curiosity and his connection with Crowley is deeply disturbing.

I had heard of Crowley performing rituals to open up open up portals, but did not make the connection until recently, that it was the same house Page had purchased.

Also didn't know that he purchased an occult bookstore just to obtain a bunch of Crowley artifiacts...Not to mention Pamela Des Barres states in an interview,  he would have her search for more Crowley related stuff whenever he was in town.

He's also a member of OTO...a Crowley shaped organization, not exactly known for PTA  meetings. 

To have such interest in Crowley, who was essentially a fraud, a shill who was used to promote luciferianism for the royalty is sad.

Does this change my opinion of Led Zeppelin or Jimmy Page...As Jack Black put it in the Kennedy Center Honors, "You know they say that Led Zeppelin sold their souls to satan...C'mon guys you know you did. There's no other way to explain your ungodly talents. I just want to say thank you because while you're in hell, the human race will cherish your heavenly jams til the end of time."

To Bry, my co-worker, Led Zeppelin Fanatic who's got me listening now to endless Zep bootlegs which I had no idea even existed, I hate to burst your bubble, but your guitar god is a "Dark Sith Lord."

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2022 at 11:50 AM, orgone said:

Also didn't know that he purchased an occult bookstore just to obtain a bunch of Crowley artifacts

Not exactly. Jimmy was frustrated by being unable to find the occult books he was looking for. The thought occurred to him to open an occult bookstore of his own, The Equinox, just minutes away from his home in Kensington. Soon after it served not only as a gathering place for likeminded enthusiasts, but as a publisher, reprinting many of Crowley's original works.

The Equinox - Wikipedia 

On 6/17/2022 at 2:50 PM, orgone said:

I've always known Jimmy Page had occult interest, but did not know until recently to the extent that he's involved.

As someone who grew up worshiping Jimmy Page and Zeppelin, I had heard of the Led Zeppelin curse and considered it nothing more than rumors, but now I see his interest goes far beyond mere curiosity and his connection with Crowley is deeply disturbing.

I had heard of Crowley performing rituals to open up open up portals, but did not make the connection until recently, that it was the same house Page had purchased.

Also didn't know that he purchased an occult bookstore just to obtain a bunch of Crowley artifiacts...Not to mention Pamela Des Barres states in an interview,  he would have her search for more Crowley related stuff whenever he was in town.

He's also a member of OTO...a Crowley shaped organization, not exactly known for PTA  meetings. 

To have such interest in Crowley, who was essentially a fraud, a shill who was used to promote luciferianism for the royalty is sad.

Does this change my opinion of Led Zeppelin or Jimmy Page...As Jack Black put it in the Kennedy Center Honors, "You know they say that Led Zeppelin sold their souls to satan...C'mon guys you know you did. There's no other way to explain your ungodly talents. I just want to say thank you because while you're in hell, the human race will cherish your heavenly jams til the end of time."

To Bry, my co-worker, Led Zeppelin Fanatic who's got me listening now to endless Zep bootlegs which I had no idea even existed, I hate to burst your bubble, but your guitar god is a "Dark Sith Lord."

Hello, Not to be argumentative. But Jimmy’s fascination with Crowley is really no more disturbing than my fascination with Jimmy, and the band. It was and may still be something that he is passionate about. I personally don’t know enough about Crowley to call him a fraud. I have read about him not only because of Jimmy but other’s interest in him. Crowley  may have been a bit ahead of his time. I certainly know that most if not all Zep fans do not subscribe to any curse or anything that is remotely close to that. The bands ending was a product of the band and it’s members succumbing to the traps of life. They are after all just like you and I. They just happen to be spectacular, and perhaps even genius, and true artist. And to me that word Artist gets thrown around far to often. But In my humble opinion they are all uniquely talented and head and shoulders above their contemporaries.

Sorry to ramble, but Jimmy and his personal beliefs has nothing to do with how I feel about him, or how I perceive him to be. I could read about him until I am blue in the face, and I have tried that. But most of what we know comes second to way beyond second hand. I try and enjoy them for what they have given us as zeppelin fans. And to even be more blunt, I could not possibly bother myself with what their personal beliefs are. They were amazing. So for me it ends there. 

Cheers. Have a great day. 

On 7/6/2022 at 10:52 PM, Plant77 said:

Hello, Not to be argumentative. But Jimmy’s fascination with Crowley is really no more disturbing than my fascination with Jimmy, and the band. It was and may still be something that he is passionate about. I personally don’t know enough about Crowley to call him a fraud. I have read about him not only because of Jimmy but other’s interest in him. Crowley  may have been a bit ahead of his time. I certainly know that most if not all Zep fans do not subscribe to any curse or anything that is remotely close to that. The bands ending was a product of the band and it’s members succumbing to the traps of life. They are after all just like you and I. They just happen to be spectacular, and perhaps even genius, and true artist. And to me that word Artist gets thrown around far to often. But In my humble opinion they are all uniquely talented and head and shoulders above their contemporaries.

Sorry to ramble, but Jimmy and his personal beliefs has nothing to do with how I feel about him, or how I perceive him to be. I could read about him until I am blue in the face, and I have tried that. But most of what we know comes second to way beyond second hand. I try and enjoy them for what they have given us as zeppelin fans. And to even be more blunt, I could not possibly bother myself with what their personal beliefs are. They were amazing. So for me it ends there. 

Cheers. Have a great day. 

very well said and in complete agreement as a long time zep fan

On 6/17/2022 at 5:50 PM, orgone said:

Excellent post. I did a deep study of Crowley a few years ago, just to see if he ever actually did anything in his life, and to see what all the fuss is about. I learned a lot about him and I discovered that he was a disgusting, filthy pig of a man, who did detestable things. He was a complete loser, a pig, a rich, spoiled, lazy sloth, and all around just a very low quality person. The world is better off without him. To me, he is remarkable only in that he was such a scum bag. Why Jimmy was so fascinated with such a person is beyond me, but it does not speak well of Jimmy, frankly. I mean, we're all grown men here now, right? We aren't fanboys who have to excuse everything Jimmy does, so I'm just being candid about my take on this. By the way, if anyone wants to gain a bit of context regarding Crowley and the era he grew up in, I suggest looking closely into both Madame Blavatsky and Manly P. Hall. Oh, and let's not overlook the interesting tidbit about the connection (possible connection) between Crowley and George Bush! - Just google it.

7 hours ago, Christopher Lees said:

Excellent post. I did a deep study of Crowley a few years ago, just to see if he ever actually did anything in his life, and to see what all the fuss is about. I learned a lot about him and I discovered that he was a disgusting, filthy pig of a man, who did detestable things. He was a complete loser, a pig, a rich, spoiled, lazy sloth, and all around just a very low quality person. The world is better off without him. To me, he is remarkable only in that he was such a scum bag. Why Jimmy was so fascinated with such a person is beyond me, but it does not speak well of Jimmy, frankly. I mean, we're all grown men here now, right? We aren't fanboys who have to excuse everything Jimmy does, so I'm just being candid about my take on this. By the way, if anyone wants to gain a bit of context regarding Crowley and the era he grew up in, I suggest looking closely into both Madame Blavatsky and Manly P. Hall. Oh, and let's not overlook the interesting tidbit about the connection (possible connection) between Crowley and George Bush! - Just google it.

Jimmy wasn't into the ways of crowley, he was into the theory of Thelema which crowley espoused. "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"  This is what fascinated Jimmy, not crowley's lifestyle.

Edited by hummingbird69

10 hours ago, Christopher Lees said:

You are correct, we should not be fanboys. But what you wrote about Crowley could easily be written about Jimmy with todays woke generation. We are all flawed, and hopefully just trying to learn and grow as we go along. Certainly Crowley could be summed up the way you have chosen too. He could also be looked at as a very interesting, educated, world traveler that did have an effect on a generation of people. The choices and decisions of men and women for a time in their life does not define them forever. I personally think that Crowley is a bit of both. He was a practicing drug addict who lived to be 72, he was certainly into things that I am not into or agree with. 

As far as Crowley being George’s grandfather that has been debunked and is nothing more than an internet conspiracy. Q-Anon also got a hold of it and then started the Betty White, Barbara Bush sister thing as well as the elite all being related world order crap. Like Justin Trudeau is the son of Fidel, Merkel is the daughter of Adolf. 

Whatever reason Jimmy, or any number of other musicians, and artists were interested in Crowley is their journey. 

18 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Jimmy wasn't into the ways of crowley, he was into the theory of Thelema which crowley espoused. "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"  This is what fascinated Jimmy, not crowley's lifestyle.

This fascinates me no end. Such a superior "ideology" than any one of the MANY organised scriptures/books/teachings/systems that are followed by the great unwashed masses. The basic principle as I understand it is the morality one arrives at comes from within, not from any "teaching". It also happens to align with nature. For a species survival, a positive and beneficial "morality" would be developed over time. NOT from scripture that professes to hold all answers - where no questions are required as all is "revealed".

Each to their own.

• 1 year later...
On 7/11/2022 at 8:12 PM, rm2551 said:

This fascinates me no end. Such a superior "ideology" than any one of the MANY organised scriptures/books/teachings/systems that are followed by the great unwashed masses. The basic principle as I understand it is the morality one arrives at comes from within, not from any "teaching". It also happens to align with nature. For a species survival, a positive and beneficial "morality" would be developed over time. NOT from scripture that professes to hold all answers - where no questions are required as all is "revealed".

Each to their own.

The irony, or humour, is that Crowley called his 'aphorism for ultimate liberty' a law that his followers must adhere to.   That has a whiff of "ideological possession", wouldn't you say?

But where Crowley's aphorism spectacularly fails is in his claim that one can only learn their "true will" from conversations with their Holy Guardian Angel.   How many Crowleyites, do you reckon, have actually entered into discourse with a true, factual angel?   Would you say the number is exceedingly small?   If so, that means that Crowley, while advocating liberty, actually led people to self-delusion.   Not that "superior" an ideology, is it?

With respect to Jimmy Page, it's pretty self-evident that he did seek to emulate Crowley (he bought Crowley's house, became a hard-drug addict, indulged in perverse sexual practices, and practiced ritual magic with Crowley's portrait prominently displayed is his ritual room (see the Youtube video)).   It's highly likely that Page learned about The Goetia from its Crowley association, and used that book to perform rituals that led to Jimmy's almost miraculous finding of three exceptional sidemen, followed almost immediately by their extraordinary success.   However, as that much more reputable magician/teacher, Franz Bardon, cautions in his second book, The Practice of Magical Evocation, for someone how hasn't already attained Gnosis to attempt such an operation will ultimately lead to disaster... as is observable in Jimmy's, and Crowley's, lives.

That's another reason to think twice before immersing oneself in Crowley's/the OTO's "magickal" teaching.