1977.06.26 LA - 8mm film (Source 1) - NEW Digital Transfer

ledzepfilm

The Dogs of Doom is proud to present the last of four new digital transfers of 8mm film reels that were distributed through magazines such as Goldmine in the mid to late 1970's, continuing on with releasing a film shot 45 years ago today on the fifth night of Led Zeppelin's six night stint at the LA Forum on June 26, 1977.

This film is compiled from two reels - the first (entitled "Kashmir") transferred in 2K via Adam at Genesis Museum (covering the first part of the show) coming from the collection of Glyn, and the second (entitled "Achilles Last Stand") from a fresh 1080p transfer brought to you by Mark McFall, with the reel generously borrowed from the collection of Tony Halloway. The sync to the audience recordings was done by myself. I rendered everything in 1080p as a "lowest common denominator" of sorts.

This is the first of two 8mm sources known to exist from this night. As some people may know, these two reels contain a mix of footage from this date as well as the show on June 22. The only big thing to note is that I had to slow down the clip around 11:50 (8:36 in the YouTube upload) pretty drastically to match the music.

I hope you all enjoy, and that one day all 8mm films of Led Zeppelin can be handled with such love and care.

A download link to this footage with Kashmir included as well as the footage on June 22 can be found elsewhere if you know where to look ;) 

Edited by ledzepfilm

On 6/26/2022 at 2:10 PM, ledzepfilm said:

A download link to this footage with Kashmir included as well as the footage on June 22 can be found elsewhere if you know where to look ;) 

Well I can't find it. Link? Why not just post the whole thing?