Plant was influenced by J. R. R. Tolkien?

Shu Chang

the lady is not any where near a stalker won`t----- want to be near the smell of the idn pants ....when the the world meets the LADY...Roberts lyrics ..."the hurtin kind"......amongst others...........and for elight & I we got a thing going on .........just cause ...you haven`t caught the wave ........don`t mean it`s not there.......

When I was a senior in high school , one of the "to do's after graduation" I posted in the school newspaper was to "make a pilgimage to Robert Plant's house"....can you see me ? hiding in his hedges ?

That would be funny. As soon as I saw your pointy hat I would know who was in the hedges. :lol:

I wouldnt scream or point or anything though. :P

the lady is not any where near a stalker won`t----- want to be near the smell of the idn pants ....when the the world meets the LADY...Roberts lyrics ..."the hurtin kind"......amongst others...........and for elight & I we got thing going on .........just cause ...you haven`t caught the wave ........don`t mean it`s not there.......

I remember one of his original fans; she was really nice, a combination of serenity and very hot, like a desert oasis. She was my role model when I was growing up, and she had only good things to say about him. She had a very positive influence on me, and she was a total relief.

From Ramble On:

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear

How years ago in days of old when magic filled the air

'twas in the darkest depths of Mordor,I met a girl so fair

but Gollum and the evil one crept up and slipped away with her

From The Battle Of Evermore:

The pain of war cannot exceed the woe of aftermath

The drums will shake the castle wall

The Ringwraiths ride in black, ride on

Oh, sing as you raise your bow/Ride on

Shoot straighter than before

No comfort has the fire at night that lights the face so cold

Dance in the dark of night, sing 'till the mornin' light

The magic runes are writ in gold to bring the balance back

Bring it back

And, of course , the title of Misty Mountain Hop

Those are the only ones I can think of right off the top of my head.

I remember one of his original fans; she was really nice, a combination of serenity and very hot, like a desert oasis. She was my role model when I was growing up, and she had only good things to say about him. She had a very positive influence on me, and she was a total relief.

Elight this has all been very very interesting ,and I thank you for the info--not sure who the above original fan is ? She most likely was worthy of your respect--I think sweetness etc.is wonderful--how ever it is error to exult in what appears to be lovely & viturious ,if its actually oppressing truth & unjustly harming another while one is uneedlessly being over glorified .That is exactly who the Character: Duessa(Edmud Spencers Faery Queen) is based on...sweet innocent,lovely Lie.Seriously if someone is confused in what appears puzzeling in some of my writing ,perhaps a bit of looking into will bring a few answers ,some authors&thier books have been mentioned such as JRR Tolkien who can be recognized as a influence in some of the Led Zeppelin songs.

Elight this has all been very very interesting ,and I thank you for the info--not sure who the above original fan is ? She most likely was worthy of your respect--I think sweetness etc.is wonderful--how ever it is error to exult in what appears to be lovely & viturious ,if its actually oppressing truth & unjustly harming another while one is uneedlessly being over glorified .That is exactly who the Character: Duessa(Edmud Spencers Faery Queen) is based on...sweet innocent,lovely Lie.Seriously if someone is confused in what appears puzzeling in some of my writing ,perhaps a bit of looking into will bring a few answers ,some authors&thier books have been mentioned such as JRR Tolkien who can be recognized as a influence in some of the Led Zeppelin songs.

When she was around that dilemma you describe was all over; she was tried and true.

From Ramble On:

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear

How years ago in days of old when magic filled the air

'twas in the darkest depths of Mordor,I met a girl so fair

but Gollum and the evil one crept up and slipped away with her

From The Battle Of Evermore:

The pain of war cannot exceed the woe of aftermath

The drums will shake the castle wall

The Ringwraiths ride in black, ride on

Oh, sing as you raise your bow/Ride on

Shoot straighter than before

No comfort has the fire at night that lights the face so cold

Dance in the dark of night, sing 'till the mornin' light

The magic runes are writ in gold to bring the balance back

Bring it back

And, of course , the title of Misty Mountain Hop

Those are the only ones I can think of right off the top of my head.

thank you

In the fall of 2002 the Lady was speaking with two gentlemen about this very song (Ann wlison was at another table ) at a cozy coffe & tea cafe in seattle at the time,the Lady(3/5/64)mentioned that song & said to them this is exactly where we are at..(globaly).......... as they were discussing Led Zeppelin ...even then she was just begining to be waking up from what seemed to have been a long enchanted sleep............. we all can proactively do things to bring back the balance.....so very needed at this point of history.Yes,Tolkien was a visionary,as I would say Robert Plant has been in many of his songs..............his scope has been tremendously immense.

When she was around that dilemma you describe was all over; she was tried and true.
Una yes ,was true--however she endured the suffering oppresion while ,the central male was living out a lie with sweet Duessa whom he had mistaken for Una.But currently the Stairway muse has not recieved justice ,while vanity is being overly glorified Falsely. Elight there are 2 things in our conversing that are of signifiance--if you wish to discuss via pm-- to expound ..please do.

Una yes ,was true--however she endured the suffering oppresion while ,the central male was living out a lie with sweet Duessa whom he had mistaken for Una.But currently the Stairway muse has not recieved justice ,while vanity is being overly glorified Falsely. Elight there are 2 things in our conversing that are of signifiance--if you wish to discuss via pm-- to expound ..please do.

Yes, that is true, she did; still, I admired her.

thank you

In the fall of 2002 the Lady was speaking with two gentlemen about this very song (Ann wlison was at another table ) at a cozy coffe & tea cafe in seattle at the time,the Lady(3/5/64)mentioned that song & said to them this is exactly where we are at..(globaly).......... as they were discussing Led Zeppelin ...even then she was just begining to be waking up from what seemed to have been a long enchanted sleep............. we all can proactively do things to bring back the balance.....so very needed at this point of history.Yes,Tolkien was a visionary,as I would say Robert Plant has been in many of his songs..............his scope has been tremendously immense.

I'm not exactly sure what you're thanking me for. My comments were intended only as a response to the poster who asked which songs directly referenced Tolkiens work. But if you found something in my words that held some deeper meaning, more power to you.

Believe it if you need it, if you don't just pass it on....

I'm not exactly sure what you're thanking me for. My comments were intended only as a response to the poster who asked which songs directly referenced Tolkiens work. But if you found something in my words that held some deeper meaning, more power to you.

Believe it if you need it, if you don't just pass it on....

Hey there---if one reads the thread as a continum at times there is cohesive connectiveness,sometimes a few things are said to add a different twist--when I read the lyrics you posted It brought the story to mind so I posted it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone mentioned No Quarter?I think it's the fellowship of the ring crossing the mountains.As far as i know:

Ramble On

Misty Mountain Hop

No Quarter

Battle Of Evermore

Kashmir* (The "gentle race" this world has seldom seen might be the elves)

Stairway* (It might be the old question of,"Go over the seas or Stay with Aragorn,staying is the mortals Stairway to heaven)

Friends

*Maybe

There's probably more

Gollum was a slimy lizard that lived in a dark cave and fed on flesh. He tried to eat Bilbo in the Lord of the Hobbit. You would know this if you read the book.

hmm... i thought gollum was and IS a hobbit? Correct me if i'm wrong cause i've read LOTR 1, 2, 3 and The Hobbit long long time ago... :huh:

Hi all,

hmm... i thought gollum was and IS a hobbit? Correct me if i'm wrong cause i've read LOTR 1, 2, 3 and The Hobbit long long time ago... :huh:

That is correct. Gollum was/is a Stoor.The other two 'breeds' being Harfoots and Fallohides.

Stoors preferred flatlands and riversides.

KB

Has anyone mentioned No Quarter?I think it's the fellowship of the ring crossing the mountains.As far as i know:

Ramble On

Misty Mountain Hop

No Quarter

Battle Of Evermore

Kashmir* (The "gentle race" this world has seldom seen might be the elves)

Stairway* (It might be the old question of,"Go over the seas or Stay with Aragorn,staying is the mortals Stairway to heaven)

Friends

*Maybe

There's probably more

No Quarter has to do with the Vikings isn't it? Or some other Norse myth. But Tolkien did get some of his influences from Norse Myth.

Stairway is about a stuck up chick Robert didn't really like from what I've read. The lady who is sure everything is gold and she can get whatever she wants.

I don't know where you can get Friends as being a LOTR reference.

I've heard OTHAFA was based on one of Tolkein's songs or poems.

Kashmir was just influenced by a trip through the desert.

Archived