Hoodie girl from The Song Remains the Same film

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

I've held membership in this forum from day one -- more than 15 years. There's a number of banned members who return under new names and avatars to try to stir the pot for no reason other than to attack me. They're easy to spot -- the new members with only a handful of posts who immediately default in any thread on any topic to trying to insult me. Billy is a real piece of work. Many years ago he formed his own anti-SAJ support group, Billy's Zep Phreaks or something. I certainly couldn't care less what anyone may think about me, but I've been nothing but nice towards you.       

JC, stop derailing this thread with your stupid drama FFS. 

Ana, I don’t post very often, although I’m usually here, lurking in the background. I decided to resurface today to thank you for your story, and for taking the time to share it with us. I’m so glad that you still have the hoodie and the tambourine - they are an important part of Led Zeppelin’s history. Thanks again for coming forward. 

I am Ana's ex-boyfriend, Arthur Shattuck. I would only add a couple of things to Ana's story:

1. We had seen Led Zeppelin once before at MSG on September 3, 1971.

2. JP gave the tambourine to one of the crew and asked him to throw it to Ana. As Ana said, a guy jumped in front of us and the three of us held on to it for dear life. It was until one of the security guys came over and that the guy finally let go and the compromise was to give the guy a couple of the little cymbals from the tambourine.

3. After we broke up around 1975, I lost touch with Ana. The first time I saw TSRTS was when I bought the VHS tape probably around 1977. Because the VHS was not widescreen, only Ana was shown in the VHS version. I tried to contact Ana to let her know that she was in the movie but we didn't meet up again until around 1993 and by then TSRTS had been shown on TV and she knew about her appearance.

4. I did not find out I was in the film until it came out on the DVD wide screen version.

5. I was and will always remain a die-hard Led Zeppelin fan. I never miss a chance to see Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience/ Evening whenever he comes to town. I highly recommend seeing him!     

1 hour ago, Arthur Shattuck said:

I am Ana's ex-boyfriend, Arthur Shattuck. I would only add a couple of things to Ana's story:

2. JP gave the tambourine to one of the crew and asked him to throw it to Ana. As Ana said, a guy jumped in front of us and the three of us held on to it for dear life. It was until one of the security guys came over and that the guy finally let go and the compromise was to give the guy a couple of the little cymbals from the tambourine.

3. After we broke up around 1975, I lost touch with Ana. The first time I saw TSRTS was when I bought the VHS tape probably around 1977. Because the VHS was not widescreen, only Ana was shown in the VHS version. I tried to contact Ana to let her know that she was in the movie but we didn't meet up again until around 1993 and by then TSRTS had been shown on TV and she knew about her appearance.

4. I did not find out I was in the film until it came out on the DVD wide screen version.

5. I was and will always remain a die-hard Led Zeppelin fan. I never miss a chance to see Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience/ Evening whenever he comes to town. I highly recommend seeing him!     

Welcome aboard, Arthur!

It's great to know all these details. I have two questions for you, if it's ok for you.

1. The scene where you and Ana appear, was SIBLY playing? From what I researched and had an idea, it really was SIBLY.

2. Do you have any photos from any of those shows from '71 and '73?

thanks for the contribution

Edited by MarcosMJJ

2 minutes ago, Ana Pearce said:

No, that was me I texted him , I though I needed back up to remember some things that I clearly forgot. That I was there for the 71 concert too. 😆 

Thank you for this, Ana. 

You guys are really rocking this forum with amazing memories just like LZ rocked the Garden in 73.

Do you have any photos from any of those shows from '71 and '73?

12 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I've held membership in this forum from day one -- more than 15 years. There's a number of banned members who return under new names and avatars to try to stir the pot for no reason other than to attack me. They're easy to spot -- the new members with only a handful of posts who immediately default in any thread on any topic to trying to insult me. Billy is a real piece of work. Many years ago he formed his own anti-SAJ support group, Billy's Zep Phreaks or something. I certainly couldn't care less what anyone may think about me, but I've been nothing but nice towards you.       

You literally accused her of being a hoax because your theory that the girl in the video is Maureen’s sister has been debunked.

Why you’re still on this forum considering your racism and general assholery, I don’t know, that’s a failure of Sam’s.

Anyway…cheers to Ana and Arthur for sharing their stories!

Edited by Melcórë

4 minutes ago, ledzepfilm said:

There was only one concert in 71. They did an early and late show on September 19, 1970. 

Do you think the evening concert was officially recorded with a soundboard?

This is probably my favorite show of all the bootlegs I've ever heard from LZ. I love this concert mainly because of the amazing Whole Lotta Love medley that has Lawdy Miss Clawdy

On 8/8/2022 at 1:21 PM, Ana Pearce said:

So I was feeling nostalgic and google  the concert and this forum came up on my search. Remembered that 49 years ago I was at the MSG concert sitting a couple rows back . Watching and enjoying RP...and years later found out that I'm in the video. I'm the girl in the white hoodie. The reason I was smiling and laughing was because he pointed and signal to come up closer to the stage.

Ana. Do you have a recent pic of yourself? If not, that is okay. I enjoyed seeing these posts and am so happy you took the time to share your memories.  

By the way, the hoodie is in great shape. The clip of you in film is short. But your smile speaks volumes of the vibes coming off the stage.

Edited by Blueser10
Sentence revision.

6 hours ago, Arthur Shattuck said:

Fascinating. 

Now we must track down the two dudes that got ‘In through the Back Door’. 

Come forward Perps! 🤣

Truly remarkable, Ana and Arthur!

I saw TSRTS on the big screen as a teen.
Ana, with your exotic looks, until a few days ago, my mind pictured you to be the daughter 
of a UN diplomat. Wow! LZ mystery solved.
Arthur, how in the world did you score the primo tickets at MSG?!!

When I experienced Zeppelin in '77, it was general admission
and totally frenetic.
Y'all were a tad more reserved than we were.