Hoodie girl from The Song Remains the Same film

19 hours ago, Ana Pearce said:

Yes it's been overwhelming. For years my son kept telling me to find out if  there was something out there to look at . I kept saying I dont have time. So when I found this forum , I showed him, all I got was from him was "I told you so".. So yes I think I needed this mystery solved for me too.  But still have questions,  why me ? Why RP pointed at me ? The bigger question why he wanted to give me the tambourine ? Did he give out other tambourine to other fans in concerts? So now I'm trying to remember when he gave me the tambourine. I know it was not in SIBLY. So I'm now going over the DVD to see if any cameras caught it.

The girl in the film bears a striking resemblance to Shirley, the younger sister of Robert's wife at the time, Maureen. According to Led Zeppelin's manager Peter Grant, when he first met with Robert Plant in 1968 Robert confided in him that he was in love with two sisters, but that one of them (Maureen) was pregnant. Peter gently suggested perhaps she was the one Robert should marry, and indeed he did about three months later. 

I can tell you for certain there is no video footage in circulation of Robert presenting a tambourine to anyone during those New York concerts. If it happened as you claim to recall, it was almost certainly after the conclusion of Stairway to Heaven given that is the song during which he held a tambourine.   

This is a feel good story. I also noticed your gestures in the movie and was always wondering if the girl was thinking what the actual hell is going on here when RP and the rest of the crew kept on tearing MSG down.

16 hours ago, Traveling Riverside Coder said:

I just noticed that the "official video" of SIBLY has the hoodie girl scene edited out and replaced with a clip of Jimmy playing the guitar.  My first reaction was that I had the wrong song.  But then I found another upload has the scene in it.

Yes, the version of SIBLY on the live compilation "Led Zeppelin DVD" released in 2003 does not have the smiling Ana. Only the film "The Song Remains the Same" has her scene in SIBLY.

Which provides another possible reason why Ana did not realize until years later that she was in the movie. Because if she had never seen "The Song Remains the Same" but did get the Led Zeppelin "DVD", then watching the 1973 Madison Square Garden footage from that DVD would have had her thinking they never used her footage from that night.

As for when Robert would have handed over the tambourine, it depends if he had a spare on hand. Because it wasn't just "Stairway To Heaven" he used the tambourine. He sometimes used the tambourine during "Over the Hills and Far Away", "Whole Lotta Love" and "Thank You",  which was played the night Ana went.

11 hours ago, Ana Pearce said:

So I was watching Stairway to heaven video on youtube of that night and at 6 minutes in I see RP grabbing a tambourine and then he walks to the edge of the stage where I was sitting, then video cuts off to page playing. 

I will just say Hoodia girl is one woman I always wanted to meet too.

36 years of watching this movie I still can't believe that this little mystery is solved. . Something I thought I would ever know. . Thanks Ana for this. . This is really quite special:):)

Edited by Bozoso73

I can't believe that she never watched the movie when it was released. I mean I don't want to piss on anyone's chips, but If I had attended any of those 73 MSG shows, you would think that you would have watched it as you were there? Coupled with the fact that Plant gave you the tambourine, wouldn't intrigue get the better of you and think " I was there when they were filming, I wonder if they captured the moment Plant gave it to me?

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

I can't believe that she never watched the movie when it was released. I mean I don't want to piss on anyone's chips, but If I had attended any of those 73 MSG shows, you would think that you would have watched it as you were there? Coupled with the fact that Plant gave you the tambourine, wouldn't intrigue get the better of you and think " I was there when they were filming, I wonder if they captured the moment Plant gave it to me?

Yes, the whole thing reeks of a hoax...yet if sam_webmaster says she's legit (and he essentially has) that's good enough for me.

5 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

The movie came out in 10/76 so over three years later.  Also, Zeppelin was HUGE back in the day, so you would’ve had plenty (a majority) of people who liked a couple songs or were just going with friends, or just liked music and were seeing them because it was a hot show.  She sounds like more of a regular music fan that went to see shows a lot and not a fanatical zep head.

31 minutes ago, Rockinrob said:

The movie came out in 10/76 so over three years later.  Also, Zeppelin was HUGE back in the day, so you would’ve had plenty (a majority) of people who liked a couple songs or were just going with friends, or just liked music and were seeing them because it was a hot show.  She sounds like more of a regular music fan that went to see shows a lot and not a fanatical zep head.

I'm fully aware when the film came out. However, it doesn't sound right that 46 years later the OP just noticed she was in the film as an audience member. I mean, OK you go to the show, cameras are everywhere, she is handed a Tambourine by a very famous rock singer, maybe after Stairway? The gig is awesome? Do you not think 3 years later the OP didn't go and watch the movie or in the meantime didn't buy the DVD? Sorry but I for one don't buy it.

Also there a lot of first time posters replying to the post. :huh:

By the way: I was the Post boy in the movie handing the tour dates to RP. I have a Bicycle and I was once a postman.;)

Edited by chillumpuffer

Chillumpuffer so you think it's a hoax because?? Well so let me explain.  I did not see the video until the late 1990s, and when I did see it yes I was surprised but I was just one of many faces in the video. Led was not a 24/7- 365 days a year for me.  Life and other more fulfilling things happened to me. So when I saw some old post in this forum this month about girl in hoodie I realized it was me. So I decided to post. You can ask me questions if you need more clarification. 

15 minutes ago, Ana Pearce said:

Chillumpuffer so you think it's a hoax because?? Well so let me explain.  I did not see the video until the late 1990s, and when I did see it yes I was surprised but I was just one of many faces in the video. Led was not a 24/7- 365 days a year for me.  Life and other more fulfilling things happened to me. So when I saw some old post in this forum this month about girl in hoodie I realized it was me. So I decided to post. You can ask me questions if you need more clarification. 

I didn't use the word "Hoax". 

7 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Um...she literally posted a picture of the hoodie and tambourine. Furthermore, as was pointed out above, the film didn't come out for another three years and was quickly forgotten outside of diehard fans. It's not unreasonable to say that she didn't attend the screening for a variety of reasons. Furthermore, even when she did find out she was in the film, that doesn't mean she would necessarily run to the nearest Zeppelin forum to see people speculating on who she is. She attended a concert, got her face on film for 10 seconds, and that was it. She probably thought "cool, they caught me on film!" and didn't think more of it. I don't really think it's that hard to believe.

Not surprised she didn't see the film until the 1990's as It's a pretty shit, badly edited film. The Albert Hall show and The Danish TV programme are far better musically. I mean who gives a fuck if John Paul Jones wanders around a graveyard on a horse and Plant thinks he's a Norse god who (pretends) to eat Flyargarics in Wales? I was 15 when the film was released and the reviews were not too kind about the film. Though the LP got stellar reviews - rightly so. I went to see the opening night in Manchester and whilst I creamed my jeans at Dazed and Confused, me and my mates main topic of conversation afterwards was who was the blonde woman with Plant?:D 

I haven’t read all the posts here in this thread, so maybe this was already brought up, but I was always thought the girl in that shot (Ana) was Robert Plant’s wife whom is also shown in the movie earlier in those family sequences. Striking resemblance 

I think it's kinda sad that someone comes on here, reveals herself as the mystery girl that Zep fans have been wondering about for years and is now being questioned so rudely.  When she first posted, I was skeptical and embarrassingly asked if there was some way she could prove it (can't believe everything you read on the internet, ya know).  But when Ana posted the pic of that infamous hoodie - any doubt I had was gone!

I truly appreciate Ana contributing her story to this forum and hope recent postings don't cause her to regret the reveal!   .