Hoodie girl from The Song Remains the Same film

6 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

I think it's kinda sad that someone comes on here, reveals herself as the mystery girl that Zep fans have been wondering about for years and is now being questioned so rudely.  When she first posted, I was skeptical and embarrassingly asked if there was some way she could prove it (can't believe everything you read on the internet, ya know).  But when Ana posted the pic of that infamous hoodie - any doubt I had was gone!

I truly appreciate Ana contributing her story to this forum and hope recent postings don't cause her to regret the reveal!   .

Agreed and well said.

On 8/10/2022 at 5:39 AM, SteveAJones said:

Not at all but there is something to be said for appreciating some tender moments for the once in a lifetime, never to be repeated moments that they are. I recall when Virginia Parker, the actress who played the blonde damsel in distress in Robert's fantasy sequence posted here. She shared with us some recent photos of herself with a number of oil paintings she had done.    Life moved on for everyone in that film. Whatever they choose to share now, I find it all very interesting.   

Not surprising you think it's ok, creeper. 

@MackeyWilliams.. I never got to see the Zeppelin gang in their solo tours. Also goes for all the other bands I only went to see them once..So many bands so little time. Classic bands like the Rolling Stones, The Who, Beatles I never got to see them.

Yeah creepers don't scare me.

Ana

On 8/8/2022 at 5:32 PM, Ana Pearce said:

Yeah he was my boyfriend at the time..RP was my crush and he knew it.  😆 

It was the last night. Ok so the tambourine story is a bit long. RP handed the tambourine to one of the camera guys in the front and told them to give it to me , but as he was handing it to me , a guy from nowhere tried to grab it from me . I was not letting go since it was given to me but the guy would not let go. Alot of people were trying to help me. So a cop came over and said that we would go to the holding cell if he did not let go . I was not missing the rest of the concert . So told the cop to knock out 2 of the little jingles, he did and the guy went to the holding cell. I tried to go back stage but it was impossible. So I never got to meet him.

Thank you so much for sharing this story, i'm from Brazil and since when I saw this show the first time (in 1999), your reaction captivated me and transported me for a few seconds of what it was like to watch Led live.
I think I found the spot where you and your ex boyfriend were sitting. It's a frame from the beginning of the show, from "Rock And Roll", next of you there's a woman in white, just like in the moment of since ive been loving you. At that moment you were without the hood

Thank you very much and cheers, Ana

image.png.fcb09c33f42dd494cf9b3729b2fc7a9c.png

Edited by MarcosMJJ

15 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

I'm fully aware when the film came out. However, it doesn't sound right that 46 years later the OP just noticed she was in the film as an audience member. I mean, OK you go to the show, cameras are everywhere, she is handed a Tambourine by a very famous rock singer, maybe after Stairway? The gig is awesome? Do you not think 3 years later the OP didn't go and watch the movie or in the meantime didn't buy the DVD? Sorry but I for one don't buy it.

Also there a lot of first time posters replying to the post. :huh:

By the way: I was the Post boy in the movie handing the tour dates to RP. I have a Bicycle and I was once a postman.;)

It’s interesting to me that your sole role on this website is to “piss on people’s chips.” 

Thanks for sharing your story, Ana. 

20 hours ago, Ana Pearce said:

Oh wow that's great. Yeah the people behind us kept throwing things at stage so I put the hood on.

Hellfire! That crowd shot really did make it seem up close and personal when you saw the band, you were almost on the stage. I've got to say also that the expression on your ex's face is a true classic. In the U.K. we have a saying about someone being "gobsmacked". It means that someone is literally dumbstruck or lost for words, and he sure looks that way. Mind you, with what he is witnessing and hearing from only a couple yards away who could blame him?

Fascinating thread!

I often wonder watching TSRTS "where are they now" to all the various characters appearing. The gatecrasher who gets chased into the room by police and the door shuts, during "Dazed", where is he now? And what happened in that room? Cops were out of control back then.

On 8/15/2022 at 8:14 AM, Styngyn said:

I haven’t read all the posts here in this thread, so maybe this was already brought up, but I was always thought the girl in that shot (Ana) was Robert Plant’s wife whom is also shown in the movie earlier in those family sequences. Striking resemblance 

I have been spending my life telling people the girl in "Since I've Been Loving You" was not Robert's wife Maureen. Their eyes and nose are different for one thing. Maureen clearly has Indian features while the girl (Ana) is both younger and looks more Puerto Rican/Caribbean/South American.

More importantly, the Led Zeppelin wives were not touring with the band at this time. They were back home with the kids.

Edited by Strider

21 hours ago, MarcosMJJ said:

Thank you so much for sharing this story, i'm from Brazil and since when I saw this show the first time (in 1999), your reaction captivated me and transported me for a few seconds of what it was like to watch Led live.
I think I found the spot where you and your ex boyfriend were sitting. It's a frame from the beginning of the show, from "Rock And Roll", next of you there's a woman in white, just like in the moment of since ive been loving you. At that moment you were without the hood

Thank you very much and cheers, Ana

image.png.fcb09c33f42dd494cf9b3729b2fc7a9c.png

21 hours ago, MarcosMJJ said:

With more details, you, your ex boyfriend, the guy behind and the woman by his side. 
Theres a woman in white by your side too.
image.png.1b856b816e244b1feeeb911adb03a12d.png

ana4.png

ana1.png

Excellent detective work, Marcos.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

I have been spending my life telling people the girl in "Since I've Been Loving You" was not Robert's wife Maureen. Their eyes and nose are different for one thing. Maureen clearly has Indian features while the girl (Ana) is both younger and looks more Puerto Rican/Caribbean/South American.

More importantly, the Led Zeppelin wives were not touring with the band at this time. They were back home with the kids.

I missed the memo. But used to think that. Been awhile since I saw the entire thing

Stevie why are you such a dick? Is it just here or you spread your anger elsewhere? Do you do this in person or just behind the screen. Really it's not healthy. I think you should take a holiday from the keyboard. Or your going to get a visit from Karma and let me tell you she don't play!

Have a nice day.

(Sorry for the rest of you guys I could not keep quiet no longer)

10 hours ago, Ana Pearce said:

Stevie why are you such a dick? Is it just here or you spread your anger elsewhere? Do you do this in person or just behind the screen. Really it's not healthy. I think you should take a holiday from the keyboard. Or your going to get a visit from Karma and let me tell you she don't play!

Have a nice day.

😆👍

Welcome to the forums and thank you for putting this mystery to rest!

On 8/16/2022 at 2:50 PM, Strider said:

Ana's legit. People need to chill out and relax.

Thank you for always posting the truth, and being the voice of reason. Having followed your posts for the last 15 years all I can say is thank you Strider. 

Not to get off topic, I have gotten a little heated lately on some threads, I will say that I usually go back to your concert threads/memories and it is just an amazing thing to read your recollections. Unfortunately my father and mother who were watching this band as well as others at the Filmore, and Warfield as well as Kezar stadium are no longer with me to go over their concert memories. I do have the ticket stubs from the April 69 shows from my parents. 

As a side note, Santa played at my dads Junior Prom at Los Altos High School. It is mind blowing to think that in 1968 Santa went from that show to a year later playing in front of a couple hundred thousand people. Very sorry to all for derailing the thread. Hoodie/Cop, thank you for your memories as well. Absolutely amazing that you have found this space. 

Ana, I have wondered who you were for so long! Your face is so beautiful and like others have said..for that moment I was there with you. I smile so big every time. I have even googled girl in TSRTS hoodie to see if there was anything out there. It’s great to finally know who you are. How incredible that Robert gave you that tambourine! Such a piece of history! JP is my crush..I can’t imagine seeing him in his outfit from that close! Anyway, thank you for letting us all know. All my best, Heather

18 hours ago, Ana Pearce said:

Have a nice day.

I've held membership in this forum from day one -- more than 15 years. There's a number of banned members who return under new names and avatars to try to stir the pot for no reason other than to attack me. They're easy to spot -- the new members with only a handful of posts who immediately default in any thread on any topic to trying to insult me. Billy is a real piece of work. Many years ago he formed his own anti-SAJ support group, Billy's Zep Phreaks or something. I certainly couldn't care less what anyone may think about me, but I've been nothing but nice towards you.       

Edited by SteveAJones