Hoodie girl from The Song Remains the Same film

Ana, the app that restores old photos that I mentioned didn't work, because the photo is really blurry. So I restored your photo manually, using photoshop and illustration techniques (I've done this before with old photos).

I did it using your original photo in exact proportions and I used your image from the show to be able to illustrate mouth, eyelids, eyebrows, eyes, color and etc.
Also, I reconstructed part of your hood (neck and sleeves) using the image you posted of the hood.
After that, I made the color correction and put the original grain of period photos

Well that's it and I hope you like it
Peace and cheers!

image.thumb.jpeg.c467f0882ac593a1bdeb226e4fb3a6d4.jpeg

Ms. Pearce - 

Having learned of this thread, I felt strongly compelled to join this site and offer a few words of gratitude and advice.  

First, as others have noted, for serious, long-time Zep fans, it is astonishing to finally learn the identity of that beautiful girl and the reason for her magical and enigmatic smile.  After decades of conjecture, to have the truth revealed by the lady herself- 50 years later!- is simply astounding.  Thank you!

Second, there is a reasonable chance that you may eventually be contacted by representatives of RP, and then by the man himself.  He almost undoubtedly will learn about your existence being revealed and, really, how could he possibly resist finally speaking with the famous "smiling hoodie girl"?  In fact, he is currently touring with Alison Krauss and will be ending the tour at the Beacon Theater exactly 2 weeks from today.  How amazing would it be if you attended that show- wearing the same hoodie and holding that tambourine?  You might finally get to meet him backstage!  Of course, such a meeting/conversation, like all other details about you, would be 100% your own personal business, but to learn of Robert finally speaking to you after half a century would put a thrilling and appropriate cap to this amazing revelation.

Finally, please realize that your mementoes of the evening of Sunday, July 29, 1973, are a piece of history- and they do have some financial value.  Sorry to bring up this base aspect of things, but you should know that.  At some point, it may be a good idea for you to write out all your memories of that evening, of your exchange with RP, and of his giving you the tambourine, and have the statement witnessed and notarized. Even if you never intend to part with these items, perhaps someday your children or grandchildren will want/need to sell them.  If you were to put on ebay a lot comprised of the hoodie, the tambourine, the pre-concert photo of you, and the statement verifying their authenticity, I suspect you would realize a tidy sum- perhaps 4 figures, perhaps 5 figures, who knows?  The market for such things can be hard to judge.  I see that a few days ago, a Mickey Mantle baseball card brought $12 million - and while that one card was a "best example", there are dozens of such cards in existence.  Now I'm not suggesting that what you have is worth millions- it admittedly probably has a much narrower field of prospective buyers- but it is a one-of-a-kind collection.  I don't say this out of self-interest- I am not a serious Zep collector - but there are others on this board who are (such as SteveAJones) who could maybe PM you with better information about value.  In any event, if you have any inkling to sell, I strongly recommend that you put them up for auction somehow and not just accept someone's offer, no matter how tempting.  At a minimum:  if you do choose to keep possession of these items, they should be insured for a significant amount.   

Thank you again for coming forward and sharing your tale.  You've brought a smile of wonder and relief to many, many Zep fans.  Best wishes to you going forward.    

Hi @Big_Bad_Bill_369 So when I saw your name, took me back a little, that was my ex husband nickname and he live by it . So thanks for your input , but I'm not selling my memories. They are priceless to me , that is why I have kept them for so long. Coming out of hiding made my memory of that night more special and I help the LZ fans solve the mystery. I'm pretty sure RP does not remember every concert he has done..I will eventually see him in one of his shows.but I will not be wearing the tunic. So thank. you 

Agreed that Robert would never remember every show he’s done and the fans at those shows. But he likely would remember that clip of you from the movie. Totally agree that wearing the tunic to a Plant/Krauss concert and hoping for an invite backstage is a little much lol… But it would be nice if somebody pointed out this thread to him, I think he would smile.

5 hours ago, Ana Pearce said:

Ed ,

What is it with people wanting me to wear the tunic. I myself like to keep the memory of the 18 year old me wearing the tunic than the me now wearing it..lol

Makes sense to me! Hey I think people mean well but some of the requests are a bit out there… comes with the territory now that you’re a celebrity lol!

15 hours ago, Big_Bad_Bill_369 said:

Ms. Pearce - 

Having learned of this thread, I felt strongly compelled to join this site and offer a few words of gratitude and advice.  

First, as others have noted, for serious, long-time Zep fans, it is astonishing to finally learn the identity of that beautiful girl and the reason for her magical and enigmatic smile.  After decades of conjecture, to have the truth revealed by the lady herself- 50 years later!- is simply astounding.  Thank you!

Second, there is a reasonable chance that you may eventually be contacted by representatives of RP, and then by the man himself.  He almost undoubtedly will learn about your existence being revealed and, really, how could he possibly resist finally speaking with the famous "smiling hoodie girl"?  In fact, he is currently touring with Alison Krauss and will be ending the tour at the Beacon Theater exactly 2 weeks from today.  How amazing would it be if you attended that show- wearing the same hoodie and holding that tambourine?  You might finally get to meet him backstage!  Of course, such a meeting/conversation, like all other details about you, would be 100% your own personal business, but to learn of Robert finally speaking to you after half a century would put a thrilling and appropriate cap to this amazing revelation.

Finally, please realize that your mementoes of the evening of Sunday, July 29, 1973, are a piece of history- and they do have some financial value.  Sorry to bring up this base aspect of things, but you should know that.  At some point, it may be a good idea for you to write out all your memories of that evening, of your exchange with RP, and of his giving you the tambourine, and have the statement witnessed and notarized. Even if you never intend to part with these items, perhaps someday your children or grandchildren will want/need to sell them.  If you were to put on ebay a lot comprised of the hoodie, the tambourine, the pre-concert photo of you, and the statement verifying their authenticity, I suspect you would realize a tidy sum- perhaps 4 figures, perhaps 5 figures, who knows?  The market for such things can be hard to judge.  I see that a few days ago, a Mickey Mantle baseball card brought $12 million - and while that one card was a "best example", there are dozens of such cards in existence.  Now I'm not suggesting that what you have is worth millions- it admittedly probably has a much narrower field of prospective buyers- but it is a one-of-a-kind collection.  I don't say this out of self-interest- I am not a serious Zep collector - but there are others on this board who are (such as SteveAJones) who could maybe PM you with better information about value.  In any event, if you have any inkling to sell, I strongly recommend that you put them up for auction somehow and not just accept someone's offer, no matter how tempting.  At a minimum:  if you do choose to keep possession of these items, they should be insured for a significant amount.   

Thank you again for coming forward and sharing your tale.  You've brought a smile of wonder and relief to many, many Zep fans.  Best wishes to you going forward.    

Second, there is a reasonable chance that you may eventually be contacted by representatives of RP, and then by the man himself.  He almost undoubtedly will learn about your existence being revealed and, really, how could he possibly resist finally speaking with the famous "smiling hoodie girl"?  In fact, he is currently touring with Alison Krauss and will be ending the tour at the Beacon Theater exactly 2 weeks from today.  How amazing would it be if you attended that show- wearing the same hoodie and holding that tambourine?  You might finally get to meet him backstage!  Of course, such a meeting/conversation, like all other details about you, would be 100% your own personal business, but to learn of Robert finally speaking to you after half a century would put a thrilling and appropriate cap to this amazing revelation.’ 

There’s always the chance this would not ring a bell with RP, that he wouldn’t recall the specific shot in the movie of Ana. He would have to be shown again. Probably watched it once back in the day and exclaimed ‘Ok, is what it is. Next….’ From everything I read the movie was never that popular with the band. But who knows 

5 hours ago, Ana Pearce said:

Yeah , well I dont see posts wanting RP back with his hip hugger pants and his tiny shirt lol..Oh wow I just said that..lol But I know that ain't going to happen..lol.  

Nope that ain’t gonna happen!… and you’re not gonna wear your tunic and I’m not gonna wear my ‘75 tour shirt and split it in half LOL! But at least you could say that you saw Robert in ‘all his glory’… I would say you had quite the clear view!

• sam_webmaster changed the title to Hoodie girl from The Song Remains the Same film
17 hours ago, Styngyn said:

There’s always the chance this would not ring a bell with RP, that he wouldn’t recall the specific shot in the movie of Ana. He would have to be shown again. Probably watched it once back in the day and exclaimed ‘Ok, is what it is. Next….’ From everything I read the movie was never that popular with the band. But who knows 

100%

I doubt Robert has seen the film since the premiere and I think we all know his general opinion of recounting and reliving his Zep history. He avoids it like a plague.

9 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

100%

I doubt Robert has seen the film since the premiere and I think we all know his general opinion of recounting and reliving his Zep history. He avoids it like a plague.

Plus there’s that scene with his late son. Wouldn’t be good.

20220422_101522.thumb.jpg.5bb7d425572894446234557c35a3d092.jpgSo covid sucks!! But I've been organizing pictures to see if I had more before concert pics and I don't. But found this one that explains why LZ was not on my in  1976 ,1979, and 1981. The little one on my lap has my tambourine .

20220422_101522.jpg

Edited by Ana Pearce

4 minutes ago, Ana Pearce said:

20220422_101522.thumb.jpg.5bb7d425572894446234557c35a3d092.jpgSo covid sucks!! But I've been organizing pictures to see if I had more before concert pics and I don't. But found this one that explains why LZ was not on my in  1976 ,1979, and 1981. The little one on my lap has my tambourine .

20220422_101522.jpg

Très belle famille.

Edited by Strider

15 hours ago, Ana Pearce said:

20220422_101522.jpg

Priorities and life calls! Beautiful family.
Now it's explained when you said your 80's were calm about concerts haha.
Thanks for sharing these memories, Ana.

42 minutes ago, Ana Pearce said:

So it's been a month since I came out of the shadows and it's been a great Rollercoaster ride..I'm just saying thank you! You guys now know who I am , and I found my old self back. I loved music and dancing  , and  I can love it again ! ❤️ 

It's been a long time since you rock and rolled.
Glad you got it back, glad you got it back.