Led Zeppelin Shepperton Film Studios Aug 1974

SteveAJones

So from the looks of the pictures Jimmy wore two different jackets at Shepperton? The one with the stars, and the one with the poppies? Just trying to nail down what exactly is shepperton. How about in Since Ive been Loving you? Robert seems to look as he is trying to mime because he is off on a lot of it, on the current blu ray release. You think they would have at least listened to the audio before trying something like this.

100% of celebration day looks, to me, like shepperton. Mostly because there's no crowd shots. There is one but they arent in the right positions relative to the shot before and after. The film also looks different.

The close ups in Rock and Roll too...there's just too many problems with the editing of the three nights and the other footage and all the cut up audio for me to handle. I can hardly enjoy the show anymore.

According to my studies Celebration Day is the only song with completely genuine footage, matching or not. Jimmy wore the stars jacket for the first 3 songs are wore the poppy one for OTHAFA to the rest of the show. Since you are a member of RO like I am, you can view the project in the "Friends" forum.

And I'm starting to think that cameramen did a much better job on the Knebworth shows than on the MSG ones.

Taro, what do you expect? Knebworth was filmed on video tape with cameras on stands (few of them are handheld video tape cameras) with a crew member behind it, positioned around the stage to get good shots of the group. Madison Square Garden? You had to deal with a crazy audience to get through. It was put together on such short notice the video came out horrible compared to Knebworth.

According to my studies Celebration Day is the only song with completely genuine footage, matching or not. Jimmy wore the stars jacket for the first 3 songs are wore the poppy one for OTHAFA to the rest of the show. Since you are a member of RO like I am, you can view the project in the "Friends" forum.

:slapface: Well than that's the problem then. It's the only "real" one.

I did download your project and I am quite amazed that you were somehow able to tell the difference between the three shows and pull out all, or most, of Shepperton. :notworthy:

I am driving myself insane on trying to find the source of the rain song video...

• 2 months later...

I'm currently working on a film at Shepperton and wanted to take the opportunity, while here, to have a look at the soundstage where it was actually filmed. Does anyone have any information about that? The people at the studio don't even have any idea. Leading me to believe that knowledge may be lost forever.

• 6 months later...

Those are the very paragraphs I read.

Yet another question: Whole Lotta Love

A screenshot of Page 40 seconds before he approaches Theremin. Apparently, he is holding his Number 2 Les Paul.

ad9a31b2fcfa21bcb095e31d9a3fadcd.png

A screenshot of Page 12 seconds before he approaches Theremin. Apparently, he is holding his Number 3 Les Paul DeLuxe.

d4941c82243915f8b2cb79b4484ffb6c.png

He holds different guitars without having switched. Am I mistaken?

Have you got more close up shots of this guitar? (headstock logo? pickups?)

Gibson Les Paul DeLuxe ("the other #3")

http://forums.ledzep...es-paul-deluxe/

Headstock of Gibson Les Paul Deluxe No. 3

6a588e7aad3f74dc30b36a4c7ff7c749.jpg

430744a7309c8571d6a65eb7aa56a046.jpg

Yeah, that logo pic is too grainy to see the details that I am looking for. And that pic of all of those guitars backstage is from Oakland in 1977; that red guitar is not the same as the red guitar that was used in the Song Remains The Same; that one is the "other #3" which is likely a 1950s gold top that was oversprayed transparent red to make it candy apple red. It is different from the real #3 that was used in the movie (the one that got a B bender after LZ broke up): the other #3 has a one piece body, long neck tenon, small head stock, Brazilian rosewood fret board, 1950s logo, narrow binding in the cut away, etc. Also, the red guitar in the video is the "other #3"; there are no known photos of the real #3 from that 1977 tour. Some people believe it was either getting work done to it or else he had put it away for a while. I patterned my Page collection after that 1977 pic (the blac beauty is standing in for the broan Telecaster):

13.jpg

15.jpg

19.jpg

1.jpg

You are correct sir! But youtube has blocked nearly all of my most recent videos, which are also the best ones. So I have put all of my videos on metacafe where they are never deleted:

http://www.metacafe.com/channels/jimmyace2006/

If you check there, you will see many videos that are not available on youtube.

Archived