LA 9/4/70 "Blueberry Hill" show 8mm (coming out on the anniversary)

zeplz71

2 hours ago, goodstudent said:

Thank you so much for making this footage available. The audio/video that has come to light these past few days/weeks/years  is simply mind blowing!  Cheers to everyone involved! 

Edited by ohjimmy

6 hours ago, SteveZ98 said:

Is Jonsey playing the drums during the WLL theremin freakout?

Yes. If you listen carefully to the theremin freak out parts in the early years (1970-1972), you can hear Jones adding percussion and/or organ noises depending on his whim.

5 minutes ago, Strider said:

Yes. If you listen carefully to the theremin freak out parts in the early years (1970-1972), you can hear Jones adding percussion and/or organ noises depending on his whim.

Thanks. I had heard the organ noises, but didn't know that he played the drums. And it was surprising that they actually set up a couple of drums on stage specifically for him, as opposed to him just banging on one of the drums on Bonzo's kit. Although I suppose you do not want to be messing with Bonzo's drums when he's in the zone.

54 minutes ago, SteveZ98 said:

Thanks. I had heard the organ noises, but didn't know that he played the drums. And it was surprising that they actually set up a couple of drums on stage specifically for him, as opposed to him just banging on one of the drums on Bonzo's kit. Although I suppose you do not want to be messing with Bonzo's drums when he's in the zone.

I think that is good advice and I'm sure JPJ was well aware of it!

4 hours ago, SteveZ98 said:

In all fairness, if your hand was in the wrong place at the wrong time then Bonzo’s swing would probably snap your hand clean off!

14 hours ago, Strider said:

This gives some nice backstory and details to the whole affair. The Etienne fellow from France sounds interesting.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/seven-minutes-of-unseen-led-zeppelin-film-gathered-dust-for-50-years-now-its-online

Thanks Strider. Great article with good info on the footage. This is just amazing perhaps, from my favorite Zeppelin show of all time.