Salt Lake City 1970 (Soundcheck) Rare Photos - RP with 'Black Beauty' Les Paul

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

Here's some rare previously unseen photos from soundcheck in Salt Lake City 1970, courtesy of Mark Miller. I believe these are the first pics of Robert with Jimmy's Black Beauty Les Paul, which would be stolen a couple of weeks later.

https://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/salt-palace-march-26-1970

1970-03 - Salt Lake City - soundcheck  (11).jpg

1970-03 - Salt Lake City - soundcheck  (14).jpg

1970-03 - Salt Lake City - soundcheck  (8).jpg

1970-03 - Salt Lake City - soundcheck  (5).jpg

1970-03 - Salt Lake City - soundcheck  (2).jpg

It's been some time since I've been here. Shocked I remembered my password.......

Fantastic photos. Over the years I see more and more photos of Robert with a guitar. I love the video of Robert, Jimmy and Neil Young on stage jamming Levee on a guitar. Jonesy is there as well. Robert picks up the guitar about 1:58

On 9/18/2022 at 10:14 AM, Led Zep Fred said:

I saw Plant as an individual show (after zep (and the release of Now and Zen) and he played the acoustic and electric guitar and was quite proficient). 

I can see Page now showing Plant how to do this and that. Imagine the two of these guys just strumming acoustic guitars together in 1970 as they work on tracks for the third album. 

• 2 months later...

Woe ! THIS is even BETTER than the one i seen, mine was inside & maybe almost just posing , dont recall a smile  , not too much more than half chest & partial guitar!

Appears to be same guitar.

So.......could Bonzo really play? Enuf to get through some songs ? 

👉🏼I would really like to know!

👉🏼I understand he CAN FLY 🛩 a PLANE  as they left him alone in the cockpit 😳 as they strolled the cabin  , likely  NOT bank a turn or LAND but who knows?

ANYONE?

• 7 months later...
On 9/18/2022 at 9:25 PM, 54Tangerine said:

It's been some time since I've been here. Shocked I remembered my password.......

Fantastic photos. Over the years I see more and more photos of Robert with a guitar. I love the video of Robert, Jimmy and Neil Young on stage jamming Levee on a guitar. Jonesy is there as well. Robert picks up the guitar about 1:58

this was absolutely horrible!!

• 5 months later...
On 9/19/2022 at 11:25 AM, 54Tangerine said:

That's cracking good. I genuinely think they'd have been happy with that. Killed it.