Why No Quarter from SRS is the band’s best. Hear this re EQ’d version.

Authentik

This remastered take is stellar.   You can hear the wood of Jimmy’s Les Paul rosewood neck.  Bonzo’s groove is eloquent.  JPJ’s organ is prodigious.  I listen to this cut 5 times every day.  The solo….man the solo.  On this remix, you can hear every nuance, the album versions sound poor.  Imo, the greatest lead, ever, by anyone.  Albeit, not for the novice ear.

Edited by Authentik

I'm  the guy who doesn't listen to anything from this reissue from 07. . I bought the original and after JP got a hold of it, it doesn't resonate to me like the record does from 1976. . While it is still amazing, they butchered the recording and I only gave it one listen. . Old habits die hard. . 

I hear ya but the point here is the re EQ making the nuances all able to be heard.  It brings it alive.  listen at 6:10.  I love listening to Bonzo’s drums as the solo prepares to begin.  so tasteful.  the mastered album version sounds like dogs ass, this one moves me.  sonically.   I listen to it daily.   its about the mix, not the take.   ty!!

i bought this the day it was released . agree '76 version sounds as good if not better than subsequent remasters / whatever . no quarter is as good as it gets for me . ever so slightly ahead of dased . am lucky enough to have the cut by classic records . my goodness is it ever good . it is to my ears better than the original '76 .

It’s a tragedy ..a sin..that Jimmy and the director or directors should I say did not leave in the concert footage of this wonderful passage. I wonder what Jimmy thinks sometimes. On the re issue he edited this beautiful solo and removed the entire buildup. Again..I wonder what he thinks. 
He needs to release this whole concert ..all three shows mixed ..with no fantasy sequences.