SET LIST

Well, guaranteed its not going to be anything like a 70s fantasty rock setlist. It's probably gonna be relying on their strong catalouge, as its supposed to be an all electric show. I just can't imagine what their planning on playing. This will interesting because its what they've been jamming on, rehearsing and what they want to play.

it's gonna be great!

What! No mention of "LA Drone"?

I can see them playing -black dog, bring it on home, cutsard pie or nobodys fault but mine by the book and it being totally rocking. But i can also imagine them choosing songs like -south bound saurez, hots on for nowhere, walters walk, or fool in the rain and people being as equally happy. It's just so great catalogue of songs to choose from.

Call me a sentimental purist but Led Zeppelin played for the last time 27 years ago.

No Stairway, my friend. And no tour. Perhaps a few one-offs throughout the summer.

(Edit: These are my OPINIONS. The band may feel entirely different about this.)

I completely understand your point but, you have to respect the decision to call themselves

Led Zeppelin for this show. I agree no tour, show dates possible for sure depending on the vibe.

I would like to thank you for clarifying that it's just your opinion, and not an official release from the band. :blink:

The thing with Zep is that most of their songs are classics and the others are also great, so any setlist they have will pretty much kickass. The more obscure the better..."Hots On For Nowhere", "Houses Of The Holy", "South Bound Saurez", "Wanton Song", "Sick Again", "Rain Song", "Down By the Seaside", "Bron-Yr-Aur", "Candy Store Rock", "Gallows Pole", "That's The Way", etc..

Talk about a hot back catalog...

Jason confirms they'll be doing Kashmir & TSRTS (when he'll be using timpani) in the interview posted in the master forum. He also mentions they also rehearsed Rock & Roll, Custard Pie, Houses of the Holy, No Quarter & Good Times, Bad Times. In My Time of Dying is also mentioned, and there's also talk of a small warm-up gig, possibly at JB's.

NO QUARTER! WOOT!

Hopefully they go all out and play the 20 min+ versions they played on the '75 and '77 tours, that would be awesome. :D

Something tells me they might avoid ALS. If the drummer is not spot on that song can get all bollixed up very quickly. No dig on Jason, but it's a tall, tall order just to sit at his kit and play behind these guys at all. His dad's performance at the first night of Knebworth is how I'd like to remember that tune....

and there's also talk of a small warm-up gig, possibly at JB's.
To quote Flava Flave, "Yeeeeah Boooyeee" :)

What! No mention of "LA Drone"?
:lol:

Or maybe a new song...O2 Drone?

:huh:

I know, that was lame. :wacko:

Perfect :lol:

so any setlist they have will pretty much kickass.
:beer: here's to that! :)

and another setlist just for the hell of it

Good Times Bad Times ->

Sick Again (intro) ->

For Your Life

- Good Evening! -

The Song Remains The Same ->

Rain Song

- John Paul Jones doesn't cost much to rent -

In The Evening (with Carouselambra interlude ala P/P)

- We've got Jason Bonham on drums with us tonight -

Custard Pie -> (like the Misty Mountain Hop segue)

Since I've Been Lovin' You

- Jimmy Page guitar! -

Houses Of The Holy

In My Time Of Dying

- Ladies and Gentleman, John Paul Jones -

Dazed and Confused

including San Francisco/ The Crunge/ Walter's Walk/ Hot's For Nowhere/ bow solo

- This next piece features the very clean fingernails of JPJ -

No Quarter

- JOHN PAUL JONES! -

Kashmir

Stairway To Heaven

1st Encore

How Many More Times (with bow solo)

including Black Dog/ Ramble On/ The Hunter/ I Can't Quit You Babe

2nd Encore

Whole Lotta Love

including Boogie Chillun/ Break On Through/ Blue Suede Shoes/ Messin' Around/ Let's Have A Party

3rd Encore

Rock and Roll

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and am so excited about this show even though I don't have a ticket. :( Anyways, I have to ask why so many of you think they'll play Achilles' Last Stand - for me and for many it seems that would be awesome - it's my favorite track they ever did and in my entire music collection which consists of at least 20-25,000 songs it's my favorite track of all time. But even though I know they've played it live before I don't feel that enough people know this song (even so-called big Zeppelin fans) and clocking in at 10 minutes it would take up 1/12th of a 2-hour show. That being said I think For Your Life is even more obscure and that's about 6 or 7 minutes long, right? It really would be awesome if they played Achilles' but I just don't think so. On the other hand I can't believe they wouldn't play Stairway.

My dream setlist would be (in no particular order):

1. Achilles' Last Stand

2. The Rover

3. In My Time of Dying

4. In the Light

5. All My Love

6. In the Evening

7. Battle of Evermore

8. Stairway to Heaven

9. Immigrant Song

10. Tea for One

11. Nobody's Fault

12. When the Levee Breaks

13. Trampled Underfoot

14. Kashmir

15. Gallow's Pole

16. Since I've Been Loving You

17. Tangerine

18. No Quarter

19. The Song Remains the Same

20. For Your Life

21. Rock & Roll

22. Misty Mountain Hop

23. Black Dog

24. Ramble On

25. D'yer Maker

26. Slow Dancer (from Plant's first solo album)

Sorry, but I grew bored with Good Times/Bad Times, Dazed & Confused, Heartbreaker & Whole Lotta Love long ago.

Just a question... What's with the obsession with carouselambra here? That would be the only zeppelin song that I honestly can't stand. Am I missing something here?

As for what all IS on the set list, I would GUESS that most of the songs they select will either be by popularity or personal significance. If (for now?) they're only doing one show, they're going to make it count. That means you'll probably hear whole lotta love, heartbreaker, dazed and confused, stairway...etc... While some of the lesser known songs are just as good (or better!) than these, there's no way they'll pass up the overall favorites in their one-time-only reunion.

Yes, I just said 'lesser known songs' in reference to led zeppelin. Not everyone has heard The Rover, Tea for One, or even When the Levee Breaks or No Quarter.

I would just die if they played 'You Shook Me' and I wasn't there.... die....

When I first heard Carouselambra I was also a bit non plussed because it was so different from anything else they had done. Having said that, I really got into it and feel that part of it would be a great show opener - at a Rush concert a couple of years ago they opened with a medley of songs that were popular but not practical to play in full. I know what you mean though, Crouselambra takes a bit of getting into.

Exactly how long do you think they're performing?
:lol:

I don't know :):lol: I didn't even think about the timing, but everyone is quoting 2 hours.... I don't think their limos will turn into pumpkins if they play a little over that, though. :)

(I'm laughing cause I assume you're referring to my post just before yours, but if you're not, my apologies, never can tell what people are thinking when you just read text)

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and am so excited about this show even though I don't have a ticket. :( Anyways, I have to ask why so many of you think they'll play Achilles' Last Stand -
I for one, have absolutely no intelligence whatsoever that indicates anything in any of my posts has any basis in reality. :):lol:

I just happen to think it would make an interesting opening number for a band to do. :)

At one point I was thinking they'd do songs from Mothership almost exclusively, but the leak of For Your Life throws that theory right out the window. It doesn't get much more obscure than that, bar As Long As I Have You. I initially agreed with your thought that they would play the favorites, since Jimmy Page was quoted as saying there wouldn't be too many surprises. FYL and Houses of The Holy (on Mothership) are kind of surprising, as is the expectation of Good Times Bad Times for the opener.

There are so many directions they could take this.... that's why I never get tired of making up new setlists :)

But even though I know they've played it live before I don't feel that enough people know this song (even so-called big Zeppelin fans) and clocking in at 10 minutes it would take up 1/12th of a 2-hour show. That being said I think For Your Life is even more obscure and that's about 6 or 7 minutes long, right? It really would be awesome if they played Achilles' but I just don't think so.

ALS is hardly obscure, it featured in nearly every gig they did between 77-80 and is a favourite of Jimmy's. That said, they can't play everything and I'm sure that some of the old live favourites won't get an airing as there just won't be time and it sounds like they may be doing some stuff that wasn't played much (if at all) before - For Your Life, Houses of the Holy etc.

Well, guaranteed its not going to be anything like a 70s fantasty rock setlist. It's probably gonna be relying on their strong catalouge, as its supposed to be an all electric show. I just can't imagine what their planning on playing. This will interesting because its what they've been jamming on, rehearsing and what they want to play.

it's gonna be great!

I've tried to stay current on all the O2 gig news. Where did you hear that this is supposed to be an all electric show? Maybe this explains why no one in this thread is considering an acoustic segment. I thought surely the old boys would appreciate the opportunity to sit down for 20 minutes, and no matter your opinion on Jimmy's technique post 1975, he's always ripped on the acoustic. I would welcome a little break from the sonic assault, it will just make that much better when they plug back in!

I probably might be shooting blanks here.....but what about a Particular chance on seeing, perhaps......Moby Dick? What do you.......The people/ you drummers, take on this?

Ohh and also....Maple or Vistalite? he's gonna play

One would think he'd absolutely perform at least a snatch of it.

It would be a fitting tribute to John Bonham for his son to perform

his signature song. He'll use the kit in the Halfin shots.

has anyone comprehensively analyzed everything the group is saying in the interviews to determine which songs they are most likely to play?

it seems like a lot of people are just giving their ideal lists

If the answer is in this thread then tell me, and I'll go looking, but I don't have time to look for a needle in a haystack right now if I'm not sure there is one, if you know what I mean.

One would think he'd absolutely perform at least a snatch of it.

It would be a fitting tribute to John Bonham for his son to perform

his signature song. He'll use the kit in the Halfin shots.

This guy halfin, has been shooting everyone.....The burning blimp can be debatable.

To buddy who wants to know about the set list through interviews(not you Steve).........Rob's with Alison and won't say shit, but very fun to watch may i say....jimmy is on the BBC and wants to talk....Where's Mr. Jones and bonham? ask them maybe......find a T.V interview for us

I've tried to stay current on all the O2 gig news. Where did you hear that this is supposed to be an all electric show? Maybe this explains why no one in this thread is considering an acoustic segment. I thought surely the old boys would appreciate the opportunity to sit down for 20 minutes, and no matter your opinion on Jimmy's technique post 1975, he's always ripped on the acoustic. I would welcome a little break from the sonic assault, it will just make that much better when they plug back in!

Apparently its supposed to an all electric show, jason mentioned it in an interview i think. For a 2 hour show, all electric is the way to go imo. The mentions of -good times,bad times and -for your life leaves one thinking there will be more songs they havent played. I'm hoping for -the rover and a long shot for -when the levee breaks. Hey maybe the set will go over 2hrs and they'll bust out the acoustic guitars?

has anyone comprehensively analyzed everything the group is saying in the interviews to determine which songs they are most likely to play?

it seems like a lot of people are just giving their ideal lists

If the answer is in this thread then tell me, and I'll go looking, but I don't have time to look for a needle in a haystack right now if I'm not sure there is one, if you know what I mean.

As of now no one knows the set list, or is telling. I doubt the band has a final set list yet.

My setlist prediction for the O2 in no particular order:

Rock and Roll

Black Dog

Dazed and Confused (w/violin bow solo)

Whole Lotta Love (w/ their usual blues cover medley thrown in)

Over the Hills and Far Away

For Your Life

Since I've Been Loving You

Stairway to Heaven

Moby Dick (w/Jason Bonham drum solo)

No Quarter

Nobody's Fault But Mine

In My Time of Dying

Kashmir

Friends

Gallows Pole

That's the Way

Battle of Evermore (w/Alison Krauss on backup vocals)

Heartbreaker

The Rain Song

i am not sure of a set list....but i think it would be a shame if they didnt play "when the levee breaks" for a multitude of reasons. It isn't a song they "never" played live, but extremely rarely at best. Page said it was hard to play live once in an interview, something about lowering the drumset(i guess to mimic the stairwell recording.) But we do have better technology these days....... Jason CAN play it. I have heard him live a couple times and i think it would be a fantastic tribute to his best of all time Dad..... just one very lucky guys opinion of course....

I heard from a bbc session on the radio that they were going to include stairway to heaven because they didnt like the way it turned out on live aid when pagey and plant played with phil collins.

I hope he does some wicked ass solo and blows the minds of millions.

Zeppelin forever!

Archived