SET LIST

How about this for a set list:

Train Kept a Rollin', Nobody's Fault But Mine, (Out On the Tiles intro) Black Dog, In The Evening, Rain Song, Hot Dog, All My Love, Trampled Underfoot, Since I've Been Loving You, White Summer ~ Black Mountainside, Kashmir, Stairway to Heaven, Rock and Roll, Whole Lotta Love.

Sounds like an odd set, but it was actually the set list of their last concert in 1980.

Also do you think there is any chance of them playing any Honey Drippers Material. Especially since it was an Ahmet Ertegun/Robert Plant project that they worked very closely on together ( also featuring Jimmy Page of course). Also, if Ahmet Ertegun had not passed away Robert was going to be doing a volume 2. with him.

I think that would be a nice tribute within a tribute for them to do. They could easily stick it into an extended WLL.

I've seen Robert Plant, and Jimmy Page & Robert Plant in concert several times. They were always really good shows but from a Led Zeppelin perspective there was always something missing. Then I saw JPJ in concert, and I found what was missing.

I think this show will really surprise people when they hear it.

No Battle of Evermore because there are no acoustic tunes and no Ten Year's Gone because JPJ said he won't be using the triple-neck. He played 12-string backing on that song.

I expect a lengthy workout of No Quarter because we know they rehearsed it and it is a fitting concession to JPJ for the No Quarter album. Because of time constraints I think there will be a very limited number of songs with jam sections in them and the jamming will be a lot shorter than their maximum length back in the day. The knebworth shows were close to 3 hours with no acoustic section.

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and am so excited about this show even though I don't have a ticket. :( Anyways, I have to ask why so many of you think they'll play Achilles' Last Stand - for me and for many it seems that would be awesome - it's my favorite track they ever did and in my entire music collection which consists of at least 20-25,000 songs it's my favorite track of all time. But even though I know they've played it live before I don't feel that enough people know this song (even so-called big Zeppelin fans) and clocking in at 10 minutes it would take up 1/12th of a 2-hour show. That being said I think For Your Life is even more obscure and that's about 6 or 7 minutes long, right? It really would be awesome if they played Achilles' but I just don't think so. On the other hand I can't believe they wouldn't play Stairway.

My dream setlist would be (in no particular order):

1. Achilles' Last Stand

2. The Rover

3. In My Time of Dying

4. In the Light

5. All My Love

6. In the Evening

7. Battle of Evermore

8. Stairway to Heaven

9. Immigrant Song

10. Tea for One

11. Nobody's Fault

12. When the Levee Breaks

13. Trampled Underfoot

14. Kashmir

15. Gallow's Pole

16. Since I've Been Loving You

17. Tangerine

18. No Quarter

19. The Song Remains the Same

20. For Your Life

21. Rock & Roll

22. Misty Mountain Hop

23. Black Dog

24. Ramble On

25. D'yer Maker

26. Slow Dancer (from Plant's first solo album)

Sorry, but I grew bored with Good Times/Bad Times, Dazed & Confused, Heartbreaker & Whole Lotta Love long ago.

It would be awesome if they did Slow Dancer!!!

I think this would also be a very balanced set:

1. Good times bad times

2. Black Dog

3. Nobodys Fault but Mine

4. Since I’ve been loving you

5. The Song remains the Same

6. Goin to California

7. Tangerine

8. For your Life

9. No Quarter

10. Rock n Roll

11. Kashmir

12. Achilles Last Stand

13. Over the Hills and Far away

14. In the Light

15. Stairway to Heaven

16. Whole lotta love

17. Comunication Breakdown

Openers:

1. Immigrant Song (if they can figure out a way to allow Plant to pull it off)

2. We're Gonna Groove

3. Black Dog

Epics:

4. Dazed and Confused (inc. San Francisco, no more than 10 minutes)

5. Since I've Been Loving You (inc. those awesome high-pitched wails by Plant like some of the P&P shows)

Acoustic:

6. The Rain Song

7. Going to California

8. That's the Way

9. Tangerine

10. Black Country Woman / Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp

Brilliant latter Zepp:

11. Nobody's Fault But Mine

12. Kashmir

13. In My Time of Dying

Closers:

14. Whole Lotta Love (with long rock and roll medley)

15. Stairway to Heaven

16. Rock and Roll

Encore 1:

The Ocean

Houses of the Holy

Encore 2:

I Can't Quit You Baby (with some good Plant improvs, like in 1969-04-27) / You Shook Me

Encore 3:

Achilles' Last Stand (shorter than album version)

Thank You

Encore 4 (?!):

Good Times Bad Times

Good Times Bad Times

Black Dog with Out On The Tiles intro

Over The Hills and Far Away

Since I've Been Loving You

No Quarter

Trampled Underfoot

Dazed and Confused

In The Light

White Summer/Black Mountainside, I would love to see Jimmy play this.

Going To California

Tangerine

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

In The Evening

Achilles Last Stand

Stairway To Heaven

Encore 1:

Whole Lotta Love (with Boogie Chillin)

Encore 2:

Heartbreaker

Communication Breakdown

Hey I'm dreaming, but that is my ultimate, or near to it set list for December 10.

it seems like a lot of people are just giving their ideal lists

:)That's what I'm doing! :)

Actually, I've posted a mix of pure fantasy and some that seem kind of likely

based on, as you say, interviews and the new product they are undoubtedly promoting at the same time they pay tribute and raise money for charity.

My method is to analyze they way they have constructed set lists in the past,

take into consideration how some songs have taken on more or less importance with time,

and occasionally incorporate quotes from interviews about what they have been running through and mix that with what I really enjoy from listening to their live recordings.

I've usually posted incredibly complex medley sequences, but I'd be a fool to think I could call an improv medley, but these, I thought, would give an idea of what kind of direction the song could take.

No one here is clairvoyant and even using interviews gives only a hint.

Playing a song in the first rehearsal doesn't necessarily equate it appearing in a show to be played several months later. Even statements about songs they are planning to play could be contradicted later, take the date of the concert as an example. :)

There was an 'ULTIMATE SET LIST' thread too, but it kind of withered away

and it seemed sort of excessive to have two (actually I think there were three)

threads on set lists for the upcoming show.

This thread is titled simply 'SET LIST', so I'd say anything is fair game.

I could be wrong, and it certainly wouldn't be the first time :lol: ::)

Apologies for creating confusion through enthusiasm.

We'll know the real set list sometime on 10 December I think. :)

Believe it or not I'm one who fell in love with Carouselambra instantly. The reason many fans (or just few <_< ) have come to love it today I would say is because of it's uniqueness. It blends 3 ideas in one whole song. You have to admit, Plant dropping his voice in between the keyboard key change is a pretty cool idea. The middle section is pure genius if none else is on that song. We get to hear fast key work for the first time of that caliber in studio. It goes on and on and on. I perceive certain songs in colors in my imagination. The first section is red, the second is dark blue and black and the third is white and green. That may be a whole other thing but that's why there's an outcry for the hunger of the curious of how the whole thing would sound live.

Carouselambra is a great song? The only problem with it is the disco feel is has in the last section, the bass guitar part in particular.

I would love to hear Tea for One. I have a recording of Page/Plant doing Tea for One and Achilles Last Stand in Japan from 96' I believe. Not too bad considering they only did it once. could have been tighter though.

And if they do Since I've Been Loving You, I hope they do it Knebworth style with Piano instead of organ, and the gritter guitar sound.

Carouselambra is a great song? The only problem with it is the disco feel is has in the last section, the bass guitar part in particular.

:)

Interesting, I prefer the second two parts to the first part.

Then again, I grew up when the Bee Gees were still putting out new material... :ph34r::blush::lol:

I can't wait to hear them play The Rover and For your Life. But i would also like to hear a song from Page/Plant album to see what might have been with Mr. Baldwin and Jason touches to it. I really hope they play a JPJ solo song. I remeber reading that Jonsey wanted to use a 7string bass, but Jimmy thought it would get in his way. It could be a Duel Lead. Also if it is just a 2 hour set, I think things they do live will get lost( melodies, the bow, the theremin, and the acuostic set. Basicly i wanna see Earls Court 07'

Zoso, could you say where you heard or read that In The Light and The Rover are going to be played at the O2 Concert ? ? ? ?

I think that's wonderful that they are going to play those songs ! ! ! !

Any chance they'll be doing Carouselambra ? ? ? ?

Don't know for sure if they will play In the Light & The Rover but they definitely rehearsed them. That comes from a friend of mine who is very much inside the Led Zeppelin inner circle.

I would definatley put it beside any of their other epic lengths. Of course I think it would work better with a bit more flow on the keyboards and modern technology but you still get the point. In short: it's an awesome song, disco influence or not. Did Page use a theremin at the end or what though?

Prediction:

Good Times Bad Times

Rock And Roll

The Song Remains The Same

Dazed And Confused

For Your Life

No Quarter

Kashmir

That's The Way

Going To California

Over The Hills And Far Away

When The Levee Breaks

Since I've Been Loving You

Heartbreaker

Misty Mountain Hop

Stairway To Heaven

-----------------------

Black Dog

Whole Lotta Love

Communication Breakdown

This has been my fantasy/somewhat realistic setlist since I heard about this O2 show.

Rock and Roll

The Rover

Night Flight

Over the Hills

Ramble On

The Song Remains the Same

The Rain Song

Since I’ve Been loving you

Tangerine

Going to California

Ten Years Gone

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

No Quarter

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Heartbreaker-->Livin Lovin Maid

Kashmir

The Ocean

encores

Whole Lotta Love -->jam

Black Dog

Thank You

another encore

Good Times Bad Times

.......and I think from interviews with Jason and others we can now somewhat confirm the following will probably be played :

-Rock and Roll

- Kashmir

- No Quarter

- Dazed

-The Song Remains

-For Your Life

-Houses of the Holy

-Good Times Bad Times

So, if I needed to squeeze Dazed, For your Life, and Houses into my set, it would look more like this:

Rock and Roll

The Rover

Houses of the Holy

Over the Hills

Ramble On

The Song Remains the Same

The Rain Song

Since I’ve Been loving you

Tangerine

Going to California

Ten Years Gone

Dazed and Confused

No Quarter

For Your Life

Heartbreaker-->Livin Lovin Maid

Kashmir

The Ocean

encores

Whole Lotta Love -->jam

Black Dog

Thank You

another encore

Good Times Bad Times

Dream setlist would be:

Train kept rollin

Over the hills and far away

Heartbreaker

As long as I have you( w/medely)

Dazed & Confused short version

How many more times

Custard Pie

The Ocean

Song Remains the same

Ten Years gone

Out on the tiles

When the Levee Breaks

Sick Again

Come on Everybody

Encore:

Rock'n Roll

Comunication Breakdown

Whole Lotta Love (medely)

This really is a dream setlist because Plant has not been able to sing since 1972. I would not go see these guys play in my backyard.

Far as the entire world is concerned.. They are the only band performing that night. Zeppelin has never played live as recorded. 3 hrs is generous yes, but not out of the question, and would give a great deal of added songs to play to a set list that includes most of the favorites. That is what makes it relative.

I think that 3 hours would be awesome, but I don't think they will. When Cream played they kept the tunes fairly short, granted Jack was recovering from a liver transplant. Who knows? Those three hour shows back in the day, came from the jamming weaved in and out of the songs. This would take a whole lot of practice, along with the chemistry they had with Bonzo. Again, I'm not trying to be the black cloud here, I'm with you, here's to three hours of lunacy!!! Rock on!

I will be happy to just hear Led Zeppelin!!!! The one song that I have my fingers crossed they paly is "Since I'vebeen Loving You"!

See you all at the show. Armando

Armando,,,,wow me too.........it would proably make me cry (of joy)...probably cry and smile through the whole concert!

(I'm not going..but Since I've Been Loving You would be a dream song for me too).....if I were going. But I too would be happy to just hear LZ live again.

Madi

Hot Dog

Candy Store Rock

Whole Lot Of Love

Im Gonna Crawl

Black Dog

Poor Tom

Boogie With Stu

Gallows Pole

Tea Fro One

South Bound Saurez

Dazed and Confused