SET LIST

I think we will see a couple surprises in the set. I also think that we will see JPJ do at least one song on his Lap Steel, maybe Levee Breaks with Page on that doubleneck with the 6 string bass neck? Then JPJ could switch over to bass while Page tears up a solo. Hmm. Thats my production note to the band.

Also I imagine the Bow solo during dazed will have the smoke and lazer pyramid complete with lazer bow!

In my time of dying'

No Quarter will probably be a Page/JPJ moment

Carasalamra or Fool in The rain could work

Kashmir will be played

Good Times Bad Times will open the set

their will probably be a three song blitz before Plant says, "Good Evening"

I predict Achilles, Houses of the Holy, Night Flight and Ten Years Gone

Stairway will be played

I also think that what will happen is that they will have their alloted 2 hour show planned and then we will see the Encore blitz of the boston tea party thing happen in a shorter form. They will be done with what they planned on and still want to do more cause it felt good and since it might be the last. My opionion. :unsure:

This is my dream setlist with options for an acoustic set

1. Celebration Day

2. TSRTS

3. Sick Again

4. In the Evening

5. Friends / Tea for One

6. Going to California / In My Time of Dying

7. That's the Way / Carouselambra

8. Poor Tom / You Shook Me

9. Since I've Been Loving You

10. For Your Life

11. Walking into Clarksdale

12. No Quarter

13. Achilles Last Stand

14. Dazed and Confused

15. The Rain Song

16. Stairway to Heaven

17. Four Sticks

18. Kashmir

Encore

19. Immigrant Song

20. Whole Lotta Love

21. Rock'n Roll

Encore 2

22. Ten Years Gone

23. Thank You

24. Trampled Under Foot (to announce the rampage of their upcoming tour!!!! - I wish)

It's gonna happen. I'm not going to guarantee it :D But it's gonna happen.

How bout' this one:

The Song Remains the Same

The Wanton Song

Achilles Last Stand

No Quarter

Ten Years Gone

In My Time of Dying

Since I've Been Loving You

Carouselambra

Dazed and Confused

Whole Lotta Love

Stairway to Heaven

Kashmir

Good Times Bad Times

Although would love to hear Down By the Seaside and or Night Flight, but not sure if that would happen.

I think we will see a couple surprises in the set. I also think that we will see JPJ do at least one song on his Lap Steel, maybe Levee Breaks with Page on that doubleneck with the 6 string bass neck? Then JPJ could switch over to bass while Page tears up a solo. Hmm. Thats my production note to the band.

Also I imagine the Bow solo during dazed will have the smoke and lazer pyramid complete with lazer bow!

In my time of dying'

No Quarter will probably be a Page/JPJ moment

Carasalamra or Fool in The rain could work

Kashmir will be played

Good Times Bad Times will open the set

their will probably be a three song blitz before Plant says, "Good Evening"

I predict Achilles, Houses of the Holy, Night Flight and Ten Years Gone

Stairway will be played

I also think that what will happen is that they will have their alloted 2 hour show planned and then we will see the Encore blitz of the boston tea party thing happen in a shorter form. They will be done with what they planned on and still want to do more cause it felt good and since it might be the last. My opionion. :unsure:

I first want to say that I love Jason and that I have all the Bonham and Jason Bonham Band releases. I also think that I play the drums very similar to Jason so I am not trying to be disrespectful by the following comment:

I do not think they will play Fool In The Rain because I do not think that Jason can play the "Bonham shuffle" accurately. He is not as technically versed as his dad and I think that playing "Fool" might be out of his reach. I hope that i am wrong but I have seen him live and I have watched his drum instruction DVD, and I honestly think that I am not out of line by saying this.

peace!

Pop I

how about night flight or the crunge. no qaurter is a must. mini acoustic set of gtc, tangerine and ramble on would be fantastic.

I don't want to hear an acoustic Ramble On!

I keep plugging In the Evening as an opener, not that I actually think they will open with it. But it made an incredible opening to Robert's set at the Arthur Lee benefit.

Oh, Nightflight ! I saw Robert Plant and the Strange Sensation in France and they did that one. When I heard the opening chords I nearly lost it ! :D

Very jealous that you got to hear Night Flight!

Such a great song! Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't the Stones going to use that song

for one of their albums? Or was it that they used the studio that the Stones were using at the time?

Maybe I have this one botched but I remember something about the Stones on Night Flight.

Just play that and Down by the Seaside damnit...!!!!

That slide/steel pedal kills me evertime...

Question for the musicians and those that know music: Do you thnk there are certain songs they will avoid playing because of the inability to mix like in a studio????

Being a musician and listening to Zeppelin for a good part of 20 years of my life I would say that

any song is a probability. Reason being is that "Kashmir" for one was a song that had so many over dubs and tracks. Which alot of their songs had a bunch of "Page/Andy/Bill" magic sprinkled all over them. "Ten Years Gone" had multiple guitar overdubs on it. So this would lead me to believe that they would probably do any song they seemed that would go over well, especially with the news that Plant not being able to hit the high notes so they are dropping the tunings probably to Eb.

We shall see...Very exciting though!

I'll take a crack at it.

Rock and Roll

Celebration Day

No Quarter

Black Dog (with Out on the Tiles intro)

Babe, Im Gonna Leave You

In The Light

The Battle of Evermore

Going to California

Thank You

Thats The Way

Good Times, Bad Times

The Song Remains The Same

Trampled Underfoot

Misty Mountain Hop

What is and What Should Never Be

Achilles Last Stand

Encore 1:

Stairway to Heaven

Whole Lotta Love

The Ocean (With Jason doing the "We've done four already...")

Encore 2:

Kashmir

Light..couldn't better that set-list mate...good work.

Dont mean to disagree with you but they played Kashmir when I saw them in 77. I also believe Ten Years gone may have been played-have to go check the list. (was 30 yrs ago). I was saurprized they played Achilles Last Stand even. I would think the songs that demand acoustic and electric guitar would be most likely to be skipped. Am I wrong, or isnt the beginning of Ramble on acoustic? That would be high on my list of not being done. of course if they only play 2 hrs like they have said (and I dont believe them for a minute because I think the encore's will take up a half hr) they will be quite limited. Unlike the old days when they played 3 and a half hours wiith no opening act.

Yeah, I believe that we are in agreeance. They definitely did play Kashmir and Ten Years Gone in 77'.

I'm just saying that any song pretty much could be played. Obviously the set time of 2 hours will not permit to play all the long ones, but the initial question was if they will not play certain songs because of not sounding like the studio. I'm just saying because they have played stuff like Kashmir and Ten Years gone in the past that they could pretty much play anything. Because those songs were probably the hardest songs to replicate because of all the work that went into them.

It would be nice to hear some songs never performed live as Led Zeppelin.

Wearing and Tearing full of that punk energy

Walter's Walk complete version which predated Wearing and Tearing

Darlene to showcase the bands obsession with 50's rock and roll

Tea for One full of the drama and loneliness

Candy Store Rock with the emphasis on the bands love of Elvis Presley

Night Flight as Plant suggested at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame introduction

It would be nice to hear some "dangerous" songs as Plant once described doing any Zeppelin material past 1980

I'm just saying because they have played stuff like Kashmir and Ten Years gone in the past that they could pretty much play anything. Because those songs were probably the hardest songs to replicate because of all the work that went into them.

It's a longshot that they would play Ten Year's Gone because JPJ isn't bringing the triple-neck to the gig. I don't think they would try it with JPJ on bass alone. I think they should play it because it's one of their most "sensitive" pieces. They need one of these: Rain Song, Thank You, All My Love, Tangerine. Electric version of Tangerine ala Earl's Court '75 would do well because it's short.

According to Page, Zepp will play only 1 song at the O2 that they never played before. He called the song "really intense." I'd say they'll stay away from long songs to make room for the other favorites. So no Carouslambra. So, what song is "really intense?" How about Living Loving Maid (played only during Plant solo shows) or Wearing and Tearing (played only during Plant solo shows) ? I think it is one of those or Hey Hey What Can I Do (Page/Plant tours). Without giving the surprise away, what song has a distant connection to Ahmet and is a song they never played before? Within lies the answer ;)

g4340

Jimmy has stated that he doesn't like Living Loving Maid, and it is his least favorite song.

I don't want to hear an acoustic Ramble On!

I keep plugging In the Evening as an opener, not that I actually think they will open with it. But it made an incredible opening to Robert's set at the Arthur Lee benefit.

i meant for ramble on to be electric not acoustic just a typo on my end.

This really is a dream setlist because Plant has not been able to sing since 1972. I would not go see these guys play in my backyard.
... wow.

Hot Dog

Candy Store Rock

Whole Lot Of Love

Im Gonna Crawl

Black Dog

Poor Tom

Boogie With Stu

Gallows Pole

Tea Fro One

South Bound Saurez

Dazed and Confused

Royal Orleans

Carouselambra

No Quarter

For Your Life

Darlene

The Song Remains The Same

One thing for certain, that would be a set that no one would be expecting. :)

LETS BET THAT JIMMY CAN STILL PLAY THE WHOLE ZEPPELIN CATALOG BY MEMORY, WITHOUT FAIL!
What kind of odds are you giving? :)

Doo Doo A Do Do
Oh, Wow, a Police cover. That's great. No one will ever see that coming. :):lol:

LED ZEPPELIN frontman ROBERT PLANT wanted the group's upcoming reunion concert to be a song-for-song recreation of their historic 1970 show at London's Royal Albert Hall. The Stairway To Heaven singer felt the supergroup's 9 January 1970 concert was the best they ever played - and he wanted to revisit the show for the band's Ahmet Ertegun tribute gig in London next week (10Dec07). He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I had an idea initially that we should do our entire Royal Albert Hall set starting with We've Gotta Groove... Just do that!" The 1970 gig he recalls was featured in its entirety on the band's 2002 DVD collection How The West Was Won and featured White Summer, Black Mountain Side, Whole Lotta Love, C'mon Everybody, and Communication Breakdown. Led Zeppelin's 10 December (07) show at London's O2 Arena marks the band's first full concert since their final show with the band's late drummer John Bonham in 1980. The group tells Rolling Stone the show will be 100 minutes long and will include band classics like Whole Lotta Love, No Quarter and Dazed + Confused, as well as selected rarities.

06/12/2007 22:26

That's interesting. Sure would have made guessing the set a lot easier.

I'd definitely like to have heard (had I been allowed to buy tickets) 'We're Gonna Groove' and a nice rock'n'roll classics medley at the end with Bottle Up and Go and so forth.

This is my dream setlist with options for an acoustic set

11. Walking into Clarksdale

Now there's an interesting thought. I say no, but can't help but wonder if they'll do any P/P stuff?.... Or will Jimmy make Robert sing 'Shake My Tree' again? :lol:

Question for the musicians and those that know music: Do you thnk there are certain songs they will avoid playing because of the inability to mix like in a studio????

Like those other guys said, they never shied away from re-arranging their songs to work in a 4 piece situation, so I doubt they will now. They're more like a cover band live. Only they cover the songs they wrote and recorded in the studio.

Dont mean to disagree with you but they played Kashmir when I saw them in 77. I also believe Ten Years gone may have been played-have to go check the list. (was 30 yrs ago). I was saurprized they played Achilles Last Stand even. I would think the songs that demand acoustic and electric guitar would be most likely to be skipped. Am I wrong, or isnt the beginning of Ramble on acoustic? That would be high on my list of not being done. of course if they only play 2 hrs like they have said (and I dont believe them for a minute because I think the encore's will take up a half hr) they will be quite limited. Unlike the old days when they played 3 and a half hours wiith no opening act.

Well, Over The Hills and Far Away was always done entirely on an electric as was Rain Song, so there's no reason they couldn't do an all electric Ramble On or something. Jimmy has teased it with an electric guitar before, so it wouldn't be impossible. These guys think 'out of the box' as the saying goes. I wouldn't put anything past them.

I'm into this right now:

Custard Pie -> (despite the claims there will only be one new live song)

Since I've Been Loving You (ala '73 MMH segue)

-Good Evening! - Jimmy Page guitar there -

We're Gonna Groove ->

I Can't Quit You Baby

- Plantation about revisiting the past and also doing something for the first time -

Hots For Nowhere intro ->

For Your Life

- Ladies and Gentlemen, John Paul Jones...

Dazed and Confused

including portions of

The Crunge

Good Times Bad Times

Please Read The Letter

Walter's Walk

-Jimmy Page! Plantation about the groovy Mr. Looney Tunes Jones-

No Quarter

In The Evening ->

Carouselambra midsection ->

In The Evening

Kashmir

- This is a song which captures a building in a manner in which ...

Stairway To Heaven

1st encore

Whole Lotta Love (circa 79-80)

2nd encore

Rock and Roll

3rd double secret encore after the lights have already come on and many people have left

Hello Mary Lou

Let's Have A Party

Bottle Up and Go

C'mon Everybody

Candy Store Rock

Messin' Around

Killing The Blues

You Shook Me

<edit>

posted in a rush moments later, realized there was no Kashmir and added the encore3

FINALLY AN OFFICIAL ZEPPELIN FORUM. SO FAR THE ONLY SONGS ON THE SET LIST I'VE HEARD ABOUT ARE:FOR YOUR LIFE/IN THE LIGHT/THE ROVER. ANYBODY HEAR ABOUT ANY OTHERS? HOW ABOUT YOU DR CRAIG?

Jonesy hinted at Stairway Jimmy! I'm sure Moby Dick (or Jason's interpretation of it); Dazed; Since I've Been Loving You and No Quarter

Craig

Trying to guess at a setlist is a fool's errand. Too many variables. But...I'll try to be a fool.

Here are my thoughts, keeping the show to about 2 hours (encores included) and believing the guys when they say only one new song and no acoustic set:

Good Times/Bad Times

Black Dog

Over the Hills and Far Away

What Is and What Should Never Be

For Your Life

Since I’ve Been Loving You

Ten Years Gone

No Quarter

Trampled Underfoot

Kashmir (with "In The Light" intro)

Battle of Evermore

In the Evening

Achilles Last Stand

Stairway to Heaven (as much as Plant doesn't want to, I don't see how they can't)

Encores

Whole Lotta Love

Heartbreaker (and when they say there will be no tour, it WILL be a heartbreaker)

Trying to guess at a setlist is a fool's errand. Too many variables. But...I'll try to be a fool.

Here are my thoughts, keeping the show to about 2 hours (encores included) and believing the guys when they say only one new song and no acoustic set:

Good Times/Bad Times

Black Dog

For Your Life

Ten Years Gone

No Quarter

Trampled Underfoot

Battle of Evermore

In the Evening

Achilles Last Stand

Stairway to Heaven (as much as Plant doesn't want to, I don't see how they can't)

Encores

Whole Lotta Love

Heartbreaker (and when they say there will be no tour, it WILL be a heartbreaker)

That's the best setlist I have seen on here and in my opinion the most likely.

That's the best setlist I have seen on here and in my opinion the most likely.

If there is any truth to reports that Robert cant hit the high notes so to speak any more, they may build the set list around that idea. Do songs where he doesnt need to sing so high. Good luck trying to figure that out but as we all know there are some absolute must plays, Rock n Roll or Whole Lotta Love and Stairway to Heaven as we all know. Everything else if up for grabs. Some of you seem to think they will play much from In Through the Outdoor as they did nt get to do that tour in 80. Not many classics on it though and with a 2 to 2 and a hlf hr limit I would think they would stick with classics. I dont see I Cant Quit You Babe being one of the chosen but I could be wrong. To all that have tickets-ENJOY!!!!

Good Times/Bad Times

Black Dog

For Your Life

Ten Years Gone

No Quarter

Trampled Underfoot

Battle of Evermore

In the Evening

Achilles Last Stand

Encores

Whole Lotta Love

If there is no acoustic set, why would you see Battle of Evermore? I would think TSRTS would be more likely.

Whatever the set list, let's hope they throw in some "Non-Mothership" songs...surprise us!

Mothership was so predictable that I'd like to see some variety in the Live O2 Show. Such as:

In The Light

South bound surez

For your Life

I'm gonna crawl

The Lemon Song

Custard Pie

In my time of dying

The Rover

Night Flight

Out on the Tiles

You know what I'm saying...

Archived